• 03-12-2010 04:43 PM
    j_bess1
    Hair line is receding fast, only 22 and coming to grips
    Ive noticed a serious receding of my hairline since I was about 20 years old. I have recently stumbled across this site and figured that I would introduce myself. I am relatively new to trying to find ways to halt this hairloss. The first step I took was to try a shampoo and conditioner set called nutri-ox, a dht blocker. It doesnt seem to do any good and ive used it for the better part of a month now. It gets me pretty down when in the shower and noticing multiple hairs on my hands when using the shampoo, it also sucks to be looking in the mirror every time i pass one and notice the thinning. I am not much different from everyone else on this board, especially the younger ones. So here is my story and nice to meet all of you.
  • 03-18-2010 07:30 PM
    Dr. Glenn Charles
    Hang in there buddy. You may want to consider trying Propecia which is a known DHT blocker. Although, most of the data only supports its effectiveness in the mid scalp and crown areas. Do you have a strong family history of male pattern hair loss? Have you considered Rogaine?
  • 03-22-2010 02:52 PM
    recedo
    hey mate i'm 22 too and in a similar situation, having read around i'm deciding to try proscar, nizoral and regaine. Also i'm gonna get ****ing ripped, so i can beat the shit out of anyone that takes the piss. jokes.
  • 03-22-2010 03:33 PM
    Delphi
    Quote:

Originally Posted by recedo View Post
    hey mate i'm 22 too and in a similar situation, having read around i'm deciding to try proscar, nizoral and regaine. Also i'm gonna get ****ing ripped, so i can beat the shit out of anyone that takes the piss. jokes.

I like that plan!:)

» IAHRS

hair transplant surgeons

» The Bald Truth