• 07-01-2020 07:07 PM
    concerned21yo
    So I have the same thing except these scabs have hair in them. The problem is that I have never had any sort of hair surgery. Does this mean my hair follicles are falling out?
  • 07-19-2020 12:19 PM
    pkipling
    Quote:

Originally Posted by concerned21yo View Post
    So I have the same thing except these scabs have hair in them. The problem is that I have never had any sort of hair surgery. Does this mean my hair follicles are falling out?

You have scabs falling from your scalp, even without surgery? If so, this could be dermatitis, but you'll need to see a dermatologist to get an accurate diagnosis. I have the same thing, and I discovered over the years that there were certain hair products I was allergic to that would cause my scalp to break out and scab.

Look at the products you're using, research some more natural products, and see if you can keep the scabs at bay that way. If that doesn't clear it up, I'd definitely see a dermatologist to see if they can help you.

I am a patient advocate for Dr. Parsa Mohebi in Los Angeles, CA. My views/opinions are my own and don't necessarily reflect the opinions of Dr. Mohebi and his staff.

» IAHRS

hair transplant surgeons

» The Bald Truth