Trx2?

Printable View

• 04-11-2011 02:51 PM
    danbob
    Quote:

Originally Posted by thechamp View Post
    Well it does say on the site people with early stage hair loss would see minimal growth , but people with more advance stages like u will see lots if growth give it time

I thought this product, like most hair loss products, claims to have more impressive results on a patient with recent loss. Where does it say what you quoted??
  • 04-11-2011 03:06 PM
    thechamp
    Just says minimal growth
  • 04-11-2011 03:29 PM
    Jcm800
    On a positive note, having just washed my hair and only finding ONE hair in the bath tub, how ****ing bizarre is that?

When i tilt my head and catch my temples in the light, there's load's of fine fuzz, some longer than other's, and i'm sure it's SLOWLY growing. Sure it's not my mind playing trick's, and yes i am losing my hairline, but ****, there could be re-growth on the way.
  • 04-11-2011 03:31 PM
    thechamp
    Let's all think positive come on there is hope if my hairs not shedding
  • 04-11-2011 04:10 PM
    ThinFast
    Quote:

Originally Posted by danbob View Post
    what im implying is that even if, by some miracle, this product manages to exceed the results of minoxidil by "targeting potassium ion channels for hair growth", there is still the problem of androgen receptors becoming sensitive and therefore hair will continue to fall after the initial regrowth phase associated with this mechanism.

Hence oral 5ar inhibitors like fin & dut or topical AAs like spiro & RU are still going to be necessary...The word supplement means "something added to complete a thing".

I believe something else is in play besides DHT when it comes to hair loss. I'm certain mine is not a popular opinion, but due to the recents findings at the cellular level linked to hair loss, plus my own Hair DX test results saying that a DHT inhibitor such as Fin/Dut having a hugely positive effect on retaining my hair and regrowing it (when it did absolutely nothing except shrink my checkbook and libido), I don't believe DHT to be the root cause of hair loss.
  • 04-11-2011 04:16 PM
    ThinFast
    Also, a few pages back, I believe Flowers asked how we count hair lost in the shower. My method follows that habits of a person with OCD. While shampooing and conditioning my hair, any hair that comes off my head that is on my hands is either immediately counted or stuck to the side of the shower wall. As I do this, I also check to see if the bulb is attached and also look to see if the shaft is showing any signs of miniaturization. I usually just count without sticking them to the shower wall anymore, one time I forgot to wipe them down and my girlfriend went to shower, saw my mess and told me I had issues... no shit.
  • 04-11-2011 04:18 PM
    Jcm800
    Quote:

Originally Posted by ThinFast View Post
    Also, a few pages back, I believe Flowers asked how we count hair lost in the shower. My method follows that habits of a person with OCD. While shampooing and conditioning my hair, any hair that comes off my head that is on my hands is either immediately counted or stuck to the side of the shower wall. As I do this, I also check to see if the bulb is attached and also look to see if the shaft is showing any signs of miniaturization. I usually just count without sticking them to the shower wall anymore, one time I forgot to wipe them down and my girlfriend went to shower, saw my mess and told me I had issues... no shit.

Lol, Sorry, but that did make me chukkle re your girlfriend finding your hair's pasted on the shower wall.
  • 04-11-2011 08:53 PM
    ohlife
    Quote:

The fact that I do the same thing made me laugh... oh if only I could laugh about the whole thing
  • 04-12-2011 06:54 AM
    Deluxe
    Transplant and TRX2
    So I've had some shockloss since my 2,000 graft ht on March 2nd, 2011, however, I've noticed that some of the fine hairs are coming back and not only that, my transplanted hairs which have shed are also growing quicker than my previous ht....

I know Docs typically want you to apply Minox on the transplanted grafts for early growth (I did not since I have massive shed when using in the front), but I wonder if the TRX2 does what it says, that if this is just as effective as using Minox-- only internally?

Any thoughts?
  • 04-12-2011 08:55 AM
    danbob
    Quote:

I believe something else is in play besides DHT when it comes to hair loss. I'm certain mine is not a popular opinion, but due to the recents findings at the cellular level linked to hair loss, plus my own Hair DX test results saying that a DHT inhibitor such as Fin/Dut having a hugely positive effect on retaining my hair and regrowing it (when it did absolutely nothing except shrink my checkbook and libido), I don't believe DHT to be the root cause of hair loss.

A simpler answer ThinFast is that you may just be in the small percentile of AGA candidates that AA treatment doesnt work for! Did you ever get your thyroid levels checked? I have not yet seen a photo of yourself so am unable to comment however are you 100% sure that your hair loss follows the typical AGA pattern ie is it a possibility that you have some diffuse thinning or mild TE?? I have read on a number of posts that some people can actually have a 'mix' of both MPB and diffuse thinning which can make treating hairloss with the current treatments for hair loss very tricky indeed! Just speculation.

» IAHRS

hair transplant surgeons

» The Bald Truth

» Recent Threads

How can I promote my own business?
08-31-2022 01:29 PM
Last Post By samibaceri
Today 01:30 AM
Dr Woods doinf European tour?
09-15-2012 03:44 AM
by didi
Last Post By kathysmith