Time required for HT

Printable View

• 10-02-2014 08:08 AM
    nmshams
    Time required for HT
    Hello everybody. I am planning to undergo HT and will be required around 4-4.5 k grafts. I just wanted to know how long it will take to transplant 4000-4500 grafts in a strip method? Does it depend on the skill of the Doc and his team? I heard from a reputed Doctor in this forum that it's going to take roughly around 12-14 hrs for that much of grafts to transplant in a strip method. If the time is less that does mean proper attention is not given to the individual follicle that will result higher transection rate. I mean there would be higher chance of all the follicles to not survived if it's done less than the aforementioned time frame.

Would you guys please enlighten me on this?

Regards,
    Nmshams
  • 10-02-2014 08:06 PM
    Flyersfreak
    I had 2045 grafts planted and it took from 8am - 5pm, so i would think you would have to do a 2 day surgery for that many grafts.
  • 10-07-2014 12:33 PM
    gillenator
    I would think that at least 12 hours in the OR would be necessary, mostly for the microscopic dissection of the strip specimen and also for the graft implantation process.

They will undoubtedly want to start very early in the morning so I highly advise that you get no less than a full 8 hours of sleep the night prior.

The total time for the procedure varies between clinics depending on the efficiency of the surgeon and the techs but again, for that large of a procedure, you will be there from early morning to evening for sure.

Best wishes to you...;)

» IAHRS

hair transplant surgeons

» The Bald Truth