• 03-25-2013 07:14 AM
    TO YOUNG TO RETIRE
    hi , new here with early hairloss
    hi everybody , i have been watching the forum for some time now and decided to join, i am 24 years old almost and i have recesion in the hairline and thinning on all the top, i guess this sucks cause it is a sign i am heading for high nw,
    anyway i am trying to be optimistic and i am saving money to visit alvi armani probably in the next years and hope that the nea aderans histogen come out before i am slick bald on top.

for the time beeing i am taking a natural sup called ipofaes http://el.wikipedia.org/wiki/%CE%99%...B5.CE.AF.CE.B1

please use google transate it is in greek, this thing i am taking i know it wont stop my hair loss but it contains a lot of good thing like zinc 15 times more vit c than orange omegas and other nice things.

i have been on it 5 months and my hair is more thick and shines for sure, although my hairloss is reduced it is not stopped :( ,

haf a year ago i was shedding like 50 hairs per day a holy nightmare now i am losing like 5to 10 per day.

i also went to good dermatologist who did a test to see how may hairs are in anagen phase and how many in telogen

she took more than 100 hairs over the top from all the area of the top and the results were 65% anagen phase that she told wont shed any time soon even two years and 33 % telogen that is shedding and the rest called sth dysplaktes hairs i dont know it in english.

she told me to take rogain and come back after 6 months . (which i dont)
    i really hope my hair is ok for at least a year more , then i am going to consulations to decide where to have a fue, i am already leaning forward armani.
  • 03-25-2013 08:10 AM
    mattj
    I'm glad your hair shedding has decreased from using that product. It's a good start but you might want to consider Propecia and take the dermatologist's advice on Rogaine. These things can really help someone who is thinning all over the top.
  • 03-25-2013 08:24 AM
    TO YOUNG TO RETIRE
    i am also considering rogain but (i am no expert this might be false) i saw a pic of a diagram of rogain eficancy and after 2 years it is not working, ok 2 years is enough but what about sides, if minox gets in the blood stream and i have heart beat problems and puff eyes, i am already losing fat to try and bodybuild and my face looks like i am ill due to low body fat , will this puff eyes effect affect my eye lines and make them more visible? also how can i be sure that the fisrst shed will be followed by a growth?

propecia is not for me cause there is no way to surpress dht and get sex sides,

mat can i send at your email pics and maybe tell me not exactly but you know to have an idea how many grafts i need and if my donor is good?i know rahal is top choice too

thanks for the answer mat ,
  • 03-25-2013 09:10 AM
    mattj
    Rogaine can be effective for much longer than 2 years. It varies from person to person and there is no exact time that it stops working.

Rogaine side effects are fairly uncommon and when they do occur they are mild. If you DO experience them and they are unacceptable to you then you can just stop taking it. If you experience side effects you will know very quickly after you start taking it.

Most users will end up better than when they started. They will recover from the shed. I cannot say for sure if you will though and there is a small chance you might be unlucky.

You are welcome to send photos to me. You will see the email address is in my signature below.
  • 03-25-2013 11:58 AM
    win200
    Quote:

Originally Posted by mattj View Post
    Rogaine can be effective for much longer than 2 years. It varies from person to person and there is no exact time that it stops working.

Rogaine side effects are fairly uncommon and when they do occur they are mild. If you DO experience them and they are unacceptable to you then you can just stop taking it. If you experience side effects you will know very quickly after you start taking it.

Most users will end up better than when they started. They will recover from the shed. I cannot say for sure if you will though and there is a small chance you might be unlucky.

You are welcome to send photos to me. You will see the email address is in my signature below.

"to visit alvi armani"

Please *extensively* research Alvi Armani. I hate to malign a doctor, but he is widely considered to be highly unethical, and has left many patients with horrendous results. I'm not even sure he's practicing medicine any more. Look at the IAHRS website for top-notch surgeons.
  • 03-25-2013 11:59 AM
    win200
    Oops, Matt, not sure why I quoted you.
  • 03-25-2013 12:59 PM
    TO YOUNG TO RETIRE
    hi win200

alvi armani is not my cousin , lol, i just consider his work to be hi end. what do you suggest?
  • 03-26-2013 07:30 AM
    Soxfaninfl
    Quote:

Originally Posted by TO YOUNG TO RETIRE View Post
    propecia is not for me cause there is no way to surpress dht and get sex sides,

Propecia is the only solution to stop your hair loss permanently. All that other stuff out there may slow it down, but it will not halt you hair loss. Not everyone suffers side effects. I've been on it for a year, and I was afraid of the side effects initially. I haven't suffered from any side effects at all. It was a the best decision I've ever made, and I have a full head of hair with the same hairline I had in my teens. They keys is I got on the drug two weeks after I noticed my hair-loss. I wish you luck.
  • 03-28-2013 10:25 AM
    TO YOUNG TO RETIRE
    the thing is i am afraid to risk this with propecia.thanks for the intro :)

here is what i have been thinking and need your opinion.

i know there is online cosulation but how acurate it can be?
    i just thought to have a consulation at a clinic here in greece(not good clinics) just have the consulation and pay for it and keep the data, data i mean hair diameter donor density donor minutirization if any and everything else a top surgeon like rahal ,armani etc needs to proceed and estimate how many grafts i will need to have an idea of the cost and the coverage and the hairline.

guys if i go in for example 9000 grafts in 2 surgeries i will pay separetely or i will effort the high number low price per graft in the second surgery too?

and about smp . smp is best to be applied before or after transplant?

the way i measure my scalp and i mean future loss with and the need of nw2 hairline i will need 9000 grafts, i dont think i have a thick hair and cause of that if i do 65grafts/cm^2 i will need 160cm^2 bald area(my estimation of future loss due to thinning is nw 5) x 65 grafts/cm^2=10.400 grafts this might be a lot not acurate though .

what other factors i will need to check?

and this ofcourse will go for 25.000 usd at least but thanks to currency values i will efort at least 30% :) .

are temple points adressed too or they are only adressed to men with not severe loss?

thank you all for your time answering me, this thing is really burning my soul, i know looks doesnt matter but i am just 24 :)

and a last quastion can gho place both double hair at the recipient area? to have beter receipient density with one transplant and need less total transplants.
  • 03-28-2013 11:58 AM
    drybone
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Soxfaninfl View Post
    Propecia is the only solution to stop your hair loss permanently. All that other stuff out there may slow it down, but it will not halt you hair loss. Not everyone suffers side effects. I've been on it for a year, and I was afraid of the side effects initially. I haven't suffered from any side effects at all. It was a the best decision I've ever made, and I have a full head of hair with the same hairline I had in my teens. They keys is I got on the drug two weeks after I noticed my hair-loss. I wish you luck.

Good for you. I hope more young men get onto the fin bandwagon right when they first notice any hair loss.

» IAHRS

hair transplant surgeons

» The Bald Truth

» Recent Threads

Sun Exposure after Hair Transplant
02-26-2009 02:36 PM
Last Post By gisecit34
Today 03:19 AM
Surgeons in SE Asia (Thailand)
10-20-2018 10:30 AM
by martino
Last Post By EFab