• 10-09-2018 11:50 AM
    C1982
    3 Attachment(s)
    I don’t think my result is going to be good
    Hi all.
    I had 2000 FUE grafts 12 days ago and I’m panicking my result will be poor.
    The grafts look too spaced out and I don’t think I’ll have any sort of density.
    Thoughts welcomed!
    Thanks is advance.
  • 10-10-2018 12:20 AM
    Spex
    Work looks clean. Who was your dr ?

Any pre op shave down pics to see how much hair was there initially pre op?

Regards
    Spex
  • 10-10-2018 12:43 AM
    C1982
    I’d rather not say the doctor on this forum but if you private message me i’m happy to disclose.
    I haven’t got any pre op shave down photos of the area. But there area was very bald.
    I’m reading that 40 grafts per cm2 is ok, but I’m worried I can count between 10-15 grafts per cm2.
    Really worried that even after 18 months I’ll have gaps everywhere and few hairs to work with
  • 11-14-2018 02:16 AM
    C1982
    4 Attachment(s)
    I’m now 47 days after surgery and I can’t believe the progress.
    There was no hair on this area at all. Looking forward to the next 6 months....
  • 11-15-2018 12:07 AM
    pkipling
    Congrats! And at 47 days, you're barely even beginning... I am very happy to see that you're feeling more optimistic about everything, and definitely update this thread as the growth continues.

I am a patient advocate for Dr. Parsa Mohebi in Los Angeles, CA. My opinions/comments are my own and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of Dr. Mohebi and his staff.
  • 11-28-2018 10:58 PM
    C1982
    4 Attachment(s)
    9 weeks progress update.
    Decided to shave the recipient area down for the first time.
  • 11-29-2018 09:04 AM
    pkipling
    I think keeping your hair buzzed for the first couple of months makes the ugly duckling phase a lot more bearable. And giving you another reminder (because we can't have enough of them when waiting on results) to not expect seeing any sort of growth for at least another month or so. Hang tight, stay optimistic, and trust the process. :)

I am a patient advocate for Dr. Parsa Mohebi in Los Angeles, CA. My opinions/comments are my own and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of Dr. Mohebi and his staff.
  • 11-30-2018 07:00 PM
    jconley
    I thought about buzzing down, but I have redness and cobblestone / pitting at six weeks. I think it looks better with the fuzz I have, but either way it looks bad :(
  • 12-03-2018 06:34 AM
    jconley
    I realized the shampoo I was using (Nizoral) was causing a lot of redness and drying out my scalp which delayed healing. Since I cut back on frequency (I was using it every other day or so) things are looking much better.
  • 12-04-2018 02:23 PM
    pkipling
    Quote:

Originally Posted by jconley View Post
    I realized the shampoo I was using (Nizoral) was causing a lot of redness and drying out my scalp which delayed healing. Since I cut back on frequency (I was using it every other day or so) things are looking much better.

Awesome! That's progress. A lot of the haircare journey is trial and error in terms of what works for our own specific scalps/bodies. I can't tell you how many products I've found out I'm allergic to over the years and have had to stop using and try something else. Hopefully this will settle the redness down enough that you can do a uniform buzz all over.

• 12-05-2018 06:46 AM
    jconley
    Quote:

Originally Posted by pkipling View Post
    Awesome! That's progress. A lot of the haircare journey is trial and error in terms of what works for our own specific scalps/bodies. I can't tell you how many products I've found out I'm allergic to over the years and have had to stop using and try something else. Hopefully this will settle the redness down enough that you can do a uniform buzz all over.

Thanks! Yeah, the whole shampoo thing is new to me. It has been years since I had enough hair to shampoo -- I always had it buzzed and didn't have to worry about it. A whole new experience for sure haha...
  • 12-17-2018 10:34 AM
    C1982
    2 Attachment(s)
    I’m 3 days short of hitting 12 weeks, so thought I would update with my latest photo.
    From what I have read on various forums, the real growth starts from week 12, so here’s hoping.
  • 01-07-2019 06:05 AM
    C1982
    2 Attachment(s)
    Day 101!
    One photo straight out the shower. One photo of it dry.
  • 01-07-2019 09:21 AM
    hal
    1 Attachment(s)
    Quote:

Originally Posted by C1982 View Post
    Day 101!
    One photo straight out the shower. One photo of it dry.

I'm sorry to say but I don't believe you are going to get the results you were hoping for.

You were essentially looking to rebuild the frontal 3rd (perhaps more) of your hairline.

2,000 grafts is far to few. You would need something closer to 3,500-4,000 in my view.

It looks too spaced out with no defined hairline.

Now a lot of people might say it's early and wait and see-- and there is some small merit in that. However, based on what I see and the number of graffs, etc. I would not be confident.

Now everyone is different, but below are images from my 3,700 graft procedure.

I started seeing growth at 3 months-- by 6 months, the entire third had grown in and lined up nicely with what I saw in the immediate post op picks before the transplanted hair fell out and went in to a resting phase.

At 3 months, it was still a little patchy but grew in rapidly.

So bottom line give it a little more time but I truly believe you're going to need at least another 2,500 graft session, perhaps more, from a good surgeon-- don't be afraid to travel. And don't go cheap.
  • 01-07-2019 11:21 AM
    jconley
    Quote:

Originally Posted by hal View Post
    I'm sorry to say but I don't believe you are going to get the results you were hoping for.

You were essentially looking to rebuild the frontal 3rd (perhaps more) of your hairline.

2,000 grafts is far to few. You would need something closer to 3,500-4,000 in my view.

It looks too spaced out with no defined hairline.

Now a lot of people might say it's early and wait and see-- and there is some small merit in that. However, based on what I see and the number of graffs, etc. I would not be confident.

Now everyone is different, but below are images from my 3,700 graft procedure.

I started seeing growth at 3 months-- by 6 months, the entire third had grown in and lined up nicely with what I saw in the immediate post op picks before the transplanted hair fell out and went in to a resting phase.

At 3 months, it was still a little patchy but grew in rapidly.

So bottom line give it a little more time but I truly believe you're going to need at least another 2,500 graft session, perhaps more, from a good surgeon-- don't be afraid to travel. And don't go cheap.

Appreciate your input Hal. Do you have larger photos and/or photos of your full results? My baldness pattern was similar to yours, but further apart on top. I'm 2 1/2 months post FUT / 3100 and really happy with the growth so far (I know it's early, but maybe I had a fewer percentage of follicles go dormant). Not sure what I could reasonably expect going forward and sounds like you're very happy. Thanks!
  • 01-07-2019 08:54 PM
    hal
    1 Attachment(s)
    Quote:

Appreciate your input Hal. Do you have larger photos and/or photos of your full results? My baldness pattern was similar to yours, but further apart on top. I'm 2 1/2 months post FUT / 3100 and really happy with the growth so far (I know it's early, but maybe I had a fewer percentage of follicles go dormant). Not sure what I could reasonably expect going forward and sounds like you're very happy. Thanks!

Here you go-- these were taken tonight-- no product of any kind in the hair and no special combing or anything.

I have been very happy with my results-- Dr. Ron Shapiro out of Minnesota did the work. Great guy!

I wanted hair to frame my face and didn't want to be seen as "the bald guy" when I walked in to a room. While I don't have movie star hair, I have met my goals and believe I have an age appropriate hairline (55 years old). So I am satisfied!

Hang in there with your growth phase--keep updating with images if you don't mind. I believe the next few months will tell the tale. And if you need another session somewhere down the road, so be it. You'll get there.

Hal
  • 01-09-2019 09:53 AM
    jconley
    Quote:

Originally Posted by hal View Post
    Here you go-- these were taken tonight-- no product of any kind in the hair and no special combing or anything.

I have been very happy with my results-- Dr. Ron Shapiro out of Minnesota did the work. Great guy!

I wanted hair to frame my face and didn't want to be seen as "the bald guy" when I walked in to a room. While I don't have movie star hair, I have met my goals and believe I have an age appropriate hairline (55 years old). So I am satisfied!

Hang in there with your growth phase--keep updating with images if you don't mind. I believe the next few months will tell the tale. And if you need another session somewhere down the road, so be it. You'll get there.

Hal

Wow, looks fantastic! Congrats on your success. I'll try get some pics up soon.
  • 01-12-2019 10:03 AM
    pkipling
    Quote:

Wow, looks fantastic! Congrats on your success. I'll try get some pics up soon.

JConley - I encourage you to start your own thread. There seems to be some confusion (on my part at least! Lol) as to who's responding to who and whose questions are being answered. This started as a thread by C1982, so let's keep this focused on him and his questions regarding his journey. If you have specific questions about your own process, start a new thread with your photos, background, and where you are in terms of your HT/hair loss and the community will be more than happy to chime in.

• 01-12-2019 06:41 PM
    jconley
    Quote:

Originally Posted by pkipling View Post
    JConley - I encourage you to start your own thread. There seems to be some confusion (on my part at least! Lol) as to who's responding to who and whose questions are being answered. This started as a thread by C1982, so let's keep this focused on him and his questions regarding his journey. If you have specific questions about your own process, start a new thread with your photos, background, and where you are in terms of your HT/hair loss and the community will be more than happy to chime in.

I wasn't trying to change the subject to discuss me, I was just answering the post that I was quoted in. I apologize, I won't post about myself again in this thread.
  • 01-17-2019 04:41 AM
    C1982
    2 Attachment(s)
    16 weeks today.
    One photo in the light, one without the light.
    Not sure whether I’m currently happy with it or not.
    Time will tell.
    Onwards....
  • 01-18-2019 12:30 PM
    pkipling
    Quote:

16 weeks today.
    One photo in the light, one without the light.
    Not sure whether I’m currently happy with it or not.
    Time will tell.
    Onwards....

Time will tell, indeed - but this looks like a fantastic start! I don't think you posted a clear pre-op photo, but you mentioned you were completely bald in this area before. With that in mind, this is definitely progress! Stay patient and positive. :)

(And jconley! No need to apologize at all. It's a rather common thing that happens sometimes, and some threads can get hijacked even with the best of intentions. No blame, no harm, no foul! Just an FYI. )

• 02-04-2019 12:18 PM
    C1982
    I have a few questions regarding transplants in general...

I know the rule is to see full results, you have to wait 12, even 18 months. But at what point does the last hair sprout through?
    My understanding is that the 12 month wait is to see full thickness.
    So I mean at what point are all the hairs generally through?
    Thanks!
  • 02-04-2019 12:21 PM
    C1982
    3 Attachment(s)
    130 days update
  • 02-05-2019 04:12 PM
    kyle19882
    congrats bro! i bet your confidence is sky high today. i just recently became active in researching MPB and you my friend are giving me hope
  • 02-06-2019 01:33 PM
    pkipling
    Quote:

I have a few questions regarding transplants in general...

I know the rule is to see full results, you have to wait 12, even 18 months. But at what point does the last hair sprout through?
    My understanding is that the 12 month wait is to see full thickness.
    So I mean at what point are all the hairs generally through?
    Thanks!

There's no way to know this. A lot of the "growth" you will see in the later stages in terms of "results" will be the existing hairs getting thicker as they get settled in their new home - So it's more of an increase in illusion of density in those later stages - which can often be substantial.

• 02-28-2019 05:36 AM
    C1982
    3 Attachment(s)
    Today is 5 months since my FUE.
    Some days i’m happy witht the progress, other days I worry it won’t look good.
    Not much I can do about it so I’ll just have to wait and see.
  • 04-29-2019 12:15 PM
    C1982
    1 Attachment(s)
    7 months since my procedure. Thought i’d post an update!
  • 05-13-2019 05:59 AM
    C1982
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Spex View Post
    Work looks clean. Who was your dr ?

Any pre op shave down pics to see how much hair was there initially pre op?

Regards
    Spex

Hi Spex,

My Doctor was Dr. Rachael Kay from Farjo.
    I had it done in their Manchester clinic.
  • 05-30-2019 10:41 AM
    pkipling
    Quote:

7 months since my procedure. Thought i’d post an update!

YES! It keeps getting better. Congrats to you (and the Farjo team!) Thanks for the update.

• 05-31-2019 12:59 AM
    C1982
    1 Attachment(s)
    8 months update!
  • 05-31-2019 01:01 AM
    C1982
    1 Attachment(s)
    They recently sent me their before photo. Here it is....
  • 07-18-2019 04:12 PM
    hal
    Congrats, Brother-- I just went through the images and you have a winner!

Really looks good.

It was tough to wait it out I know, but you've gotten a great result-- no kidding. When I saw your first post I thought the number of grafts were to low for the coverage needed. But I was dead wrong-- your results speak for themselves.

I bet every time you get out of the shower and towel your hair you're still a little surprised at the guy looking back at you in the mirror, right?

Anyway, you can really say you've won the hair loss battle, or at least fought it to a more than acceptable draw.

Now go enjoy life and give the finger to baldness :)
  • 08-04-2019 11:45 AM
    C1982
    1 Attachment(s)
    Hit 10 months now.
    I love it.
    I can leave the house with no product in it and not have a worry in the world!

If you are on the fence about having it done, 100% go for it.
  • 08-04-2019 02:20 PM
    brettarmstrong
    Quote:

Hit 10 months now.
    I love it.

Amazing result , congratulations
  • 08-04-2019 02:21 PM
    brettarmstrong
    Quote:

Hit 10 months now.
    I love it.

How much did you pay for this operation ?
  • 08-04-2019 11:24 PM
    C1982
    I paid £7,000.

A lot of money, but worth every penny for my mental health.
    I’m leaving for work now and have only glanced in the mirror once.
  • 08-05-2019 03:56 AM
    Helios
    Excellent results. Would you say you still had significant growth after six or seven months?
  • 08-05-2019 11:28 AM
    C1982
    After 6 months I was unhappy with the results. No doubt about it.

At the end of month 7 I was in a much better place. I had a hair style and used very minimal Toppik just to finish it off and make it workable for me.

Month 8 was when I first thought I’m happy with this and by the 9th I don’t even worry about it any more. I just brush it and i’m out the door.

Are you 6/7 months in and having doubts then?
  • 08-05-2019 11:32 AM
    Helios
    Very good results. I have a detailed thread with my progress by Dr Maras on the forum.
  • 08-28-2019 11:11 AM
    C1982
    2 Attachment(s)
    11 months today!
    Over the moon with my result. Granted I am due a cut this weekend...

» IAHRS

hair transplant surgeons

» The Bald Truth