• 05-12-2012 01:56 AM
    tizzle
    The effect of not washing your hair on MPB
    Hey there

Its strange, the longer i do not wash my hair, the thicker it looks. By not washing my hair i mean not shampooing. I do let the water run over my head when im in the shower (Everyday). I use toppik and hairspray to style and cover my thinning hair.

it really looks better when i dont shampoo but i dont want this routine to be more harmful then helpful.

My question now is: is it possible to lose more hair if i dont shampoo? i guess there will be hairspray and skin oil that is not coming out by the water alone. It shouldnt have any effect on MBP right?
  • 05-12-2012 02:48 AM
    whyohwhy
    Hey tizzle, its better not to wash your hair, let the natural oils and what not build up, there supposed to be there to protect the scalp...although it wont stop the rate at which they fall out if the cause is DHT....however generic shampoos have alot of chemicals in them which dry out the hair and scalp...
  • 05-12-2012 03:36 AM
    tizzle
    thx for your response

the only thing that worries me though, is that i once read that a sebum build-up can cause hair loss too. (Alopecia seborrhoica its called on wikipedia (German Wikipedia))
  • 05-12-2012 03:44 AM
    whyohwhy
    In the end it doesnt really matter if you dont wash your hair or not...there are extremely unhealthy people out there that smoke, drink take drugs and still have heads of hair...if its in your genes basically your ****ed either way...im trying to accept it for myself and i am only just 21...considering taking fin or prop...i dont know just yet...
  • 05-12-2012 12:18 PM
    PatientlyWaiting
    My hair looks thicker after I don't wash it at all, I mean not even water.
  • 05-12-2012 12:31 PM
    sausage
    Since I started balding I have had to wash my hair everyday, it gets too greasy, the sebum build up in the morning is ridiculous so I have to wash it.

I am guessing you don't get this?
  • 05-12-2012 01:31 PM
    Smiley
    I find my hair looks thicker if I don't wash it as well, and more manageable. If you look at homeless men on the street, rarely will you see them with MPB. Maybe there is something there? ;)
  • 05-12-2012 01:38 PM
    john2399
    this is so dumb. Not washing your hair is just denial that you think this will help keep your hair. The hair you don't wash will eventually come out and it's not good to keep your hair dirty because the pores need to breathe. Who ever dosen't wash their hair becuase it looks better is in serious denial.
  • 05-12-2012 01:41 PM
    sausage
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Smiley View Post
    I find my hair looks thicker if I don't wash it as well, and more manageable. If you look at homeless men on the street, rarely will you see them with MPB. Maybe there is something there? ;)

Yes lets all try to look like homeless men.
  • 05-12-2012 01:45 PM
    Smiley
    Quote:

Originally Posted by sausage View Post
    Yes lets all try to look like homeless men.

Just the hair man, just the hair. :rolleyes:

» IAHRS

hair transplant surgeons

» The Bald Truth

» Recent Threads

Which is the best Salesforce institutes in Hyderabad?
Yesterday 09:59 AM
Last Post By palashmim2022
Yesterday 09:59 AM
The Resveratrol microneedling process study - enroll now
04-11-2022 02:38 AM
Last Post By Briam1930
03-16-2024 05:43 AM
What wedding packages are offered in Tbilisi?
01-27-2024 04:13 AM
by Jiromen
Last Post By Henryclark
03-16-2024 03:12 AM
Tour Operator's Treasures in Bangladesh
09-28-2023 06:48 AM
by davidm
Last Post By Briam1930
03-16-2024 12:49 AM