Replicel

Printable View

• 02-25-2012 06:42 PM
    greatjob!
    Quote:

Originally Posted by 2020 View Post
    ^ what do they mean by FORMATION OF NEW HAIR FOLLICLES?
    Do they actually create NEW FOLLICLES FROM SCRATCH or do they just trigger those left over stem cells from dead follicles to start growing new follicles? :confused:

I don't think they know that yet. Hair follicle cells are just specialized epidermal cells. They are hoping that the multiplied cells will recruit standard epidermal cells on the scalp once injected and cluster together to form new hair follicles. I believe they were able to do this in mice, and there has been success doing this with other cells in the body. It's just a question of if they got it right for this particular cellular process in humans.
  • 02-25-2012 06:46 PM
    mg39
    Quote:

how is that possible??? If a person is predetermined to have 100K follicles, how could they possibly increase that number?? I thought that the best they could is to REVIVE dead follicles and that's it.
    What if by accident they inject too much and 50K new follicles start growing. 150K follicles that's going to look ridiculous!

That's what the clinical trials are for. Who knows, it may be posturing on their behalf to garner stock interest...if they can tackle MPB from multiple angles to make a cure twice as likely, I can see why people would invest on that principle alone and if only one hits then who cares, they still come up with a cure. Not sure on how it would affect total number of follicles on any one person's head if both scenarios are effective. Maybe there's some sort of natural predisposition to only have a certain number of hair follicles on one's head. Genetics are such a big mystery.
  • 02-25-2012 06:57 PM
    Quote:

Originally Posted by mg39 View Post
    Maybe there's some sort of natural predisposition to only have a certain number of hair follicles on one's head.

god I hope so or else the results can look disastrous
  • 02-25-2012 07:00 PM
    mg39
    Quote:

god I hope so or else the results can look disastrous

Not sure about disastrous, I think everyone on this forum would want an ultra thick mane of hair vs a runway down the middle :)
  • 02-25-2012 07:11 PM
    Quote:

Originally Posted by mg39 View Post
    Not sure about disastrous, I think everyone on this forum would want an ultra thick mane of hair vs a runway down the middle :)

right but how could they possibly predict where these new follicles are going to grow? Some spots may end up with more hair than others.

I'd be more than happy if they could reverse all of the MPB damage and bring my hair back to how it looked when I was 13 :rolleyes:
  • 02-25-2012 07:29 PM
    Maradona
    Quote:

right but how could they possibly predict where these new follicles are going to grow? Some spots may end up with more hair than others.

I'd be more than happy if they could reverse all of the MPB damage and bring my hair back to how it looked when I was 13 :rolleyes:

well in the "rat experiments", the follicles simply seemed to reinforce the already existing small ones.

in the their foot, the follicles were all over the place with no pattern but still limited to a certain radius.

I don't think this will damage your harl IF you have diffuse pattern baldness or your follicles are still "ALIVE" for example by using propecia. Because the cells will simply be in a solution and attach themselves to your existing follicles, and not cluster with each other when they encounter "nothing" useful.

For slick baldness it might be more difficult, who knows, it might not rejuvinate the dead follicles but it will create new ones and this pattern we cannot predict. :(

I think if there's no such thing as dead follicles and rejuvenation is really possible then the results won't be disastrous, if there's such thing as dead follicles or this treatment can't revive them but simply reconstruct a new one, then they could create new follicles in an unpredictable pattern and really need a huge amount of "replicel's sauce".

This is just my opinion from what i've read guys. I ain't no expert simply a student.

However, aderans and other researchers have tried doing this with different type of cells but it did grow hair,****ed up ones, but it did. Replicel method will work for sure if only if the injection has been done correctly and you have targeted the existing follicles. Wether it'll be significant to hair loss sufferers, we will find out.

On a side note, i said i'd be back in april but i just invested 1k more on replicel so i just keep researching and researching like a mofo, and can't control myself to post here , if i lose the money it's alright im just very excited if i win. in total me and a friend have put 2.5k in replicel, i know it's crazy but i have a good feeling that it works and that's enough to get the stock prices up.

Wether it will bring back all my hair, i don't know, all we can do is hope.

:o
  • 02-26-2012 07:36 AM
    ffar
    I lost me hope. There won't be a cure in next ten years. I am sorry but all this
    "for 5 years" make me sick. I know this board and difrent one... and allways they say 5 years from now. What we know for sure? We don't even know if something works. I have not seen any proising results. Just theory or some pictures that tells nothing. .
  • 02-26-2012 07:46 AM
    clandestine
    Quote:

Originally Posted by ffar View Post
    I lost me hope. There won't be a cure in next ten years. I am sorry but all this
    "for 5 years" make me sick. I know this board and difrent one... and allways they say 5 years from now. What we know for sure? We don't even know if something works. I have not seen any proising results. Just theory or some pictures that tells nothing. .

Great display of optimism, mate!
  • 02-26-2012 07:52 AM
    Quote:

Originally Posted by ffar View Post

Histogen does work, check their website for pictures. They're on Phase 2 now which studies efficacy so most likely they'll get even better results. 2015 is their date.

Aderans - they had some "weak" regrowth pictures but that was a long time ago. They invested A LOT of money in this and they're conducting many studies at once. They said that they should have something by 2014....

Replicel - we don't know anything yet... They were extremely successful in mice but we'll see how they do it with humans in two months. 2015 also
  • 02-26-2012 08:10 AM
    UK_
    Aderans stated in a press release in early 2011 that Phase 2 would be finished by spring 2012 - low and behold they've pushed this date back to 2013 now.

When will Histogen have their phase 2 results? Ive heard December 2012, Spring 2012 does anyone have a credible source of information that can answer this question?

» IAHRS

hair transplant surgeons

» The Bald Truth

» Recent Threads

1800 graft repair case results by Dr. Lindsey
Yesterday 08:38 AM
Last Post By Dr. Lindsey
Yesterday 08:38 AM
Navigating the German Job Market as a Kenyan Citizen
11-04-2023 06:31 AM
Last Post By Keegan212
Yesterday 03:51 AM