• 08-19-2013 06:03 PM
    Westonci
    Quote:

Originally Posted by 25 going on 65 View Post
    If you refuse to take DHT meds now, you might be in no position to take advantage of next-gen treatments in 2018-2020.

Follica will be creating brand new hair follicles.

Replicel, Aderans, Histogen, CB-03-01 will only help maintain what your already have.

Follica is the only hope for a real cure for baldness, only they will be able to turn a norwood 6 into a norwood 2.
  • 08-19-2013 07:02 PM
    Tracy C
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Westonci View Post
    Follica will be creating brand new hair follicles.

Replicel, Aderans, Histogen, CB-03-01 will only help maintain what your already have.

Follica is the only hope for a real cure for baldness, only they will be able to turn a norwood 6 into a norwood 2.

This is all pure speculation with very little basis on facts if any, including the dates you have suggested. Worrying about this stuff does you no good at all. Get out and enjoy your life. If it happens, great - but don't waste your life away worrying about it.
  • 08-19-2013 07:31 PM
    mm88
    let us know how your consultation goes... the vids look good but I've read some mixed reviews online..
  • 08-22-2013 08:02 AM
    Delphi
    I think this could be a good option if you know how to wear it and deal with it. If you are only losing hair in the front, you should try a partial system. The best bet would be to buy a cheap system from a place like coolpiece and learn how to make your own template. It will probably take a few attempts to get it right, but if you have most of your hair, you don't want to shave it off to put on a full system. It would be better to blend the partial system with your existing hair.
  • 05-18-2014 09:37 PM
    brandeis
    Don't worry i am totally with your decisions and i think there is no problem if you wear hairs.
  • 06-18-2014 11:17 AM
    Scalpology
    How did it go OP? Which site did you use for hair system?
  • 07-10-2014 05:43 PM
    hal
    You know, this is almost a complete waste of time but what the hell--

Wearing a hairpiece is not going to solve your hair loss problems.

This strategy of "getting it now so no will notice" is not going to work. Trust me, your friends, your family, and a lot of random people you meet will know. Maybe that doesn't bother or concern you. Fine. But don't think for a second that wearing hair is just your little secret.

What happens if you start seeing someone new? what are you going to say?

Wearing a rug can quickly take over your life. The upkeep, the worry over "someone noticing".

All you're really doing is trading one set of problems and concern for another.

But who cares right? you have to "save" the rest of your 20's because after that, it's all over, right? My God, get a clue.

A hairpiece is likely to accelerate your hair loss. You're going to have to shave down your existing hair so the glue can bond to your head. Yeah, that's right-- glue. Or tape. Because that's how a hair piece is mounted on your head. Google "traction alopecia".

Save yourself thousand of dollars, embarrassment, and the teasing of your family down the line when you finally come clean with a funny looking haircut when you finally throw in the towel about wearing a rug. And you will. Trust me.

Do you play sports? go to a gym? are you active? wear a motorcycle helmet or a bike helmet? like to swim? live in a wind free environment? why do I mention this? never mind. Get the rug and find out.

I guess you're going to learn this lesson for yourself. Remember, you were warned.

Hal
  • 07-10-2014 05:57 PM
    Westonci
    Quote:

Originally Posted by hal View Post
    You know, this is almost a complete waste of time but what the hell--

Wearing a hairpiece is not going to solve your hair loss problems.

This strategy of "getting it now so no will notice" is not going to work. Trust me, your friends, your family, and a lot of random people you meet will know. Maybe that doesn't bother or concern you. Fine. But don't think for a second that wearing hair is just your little secret.

What happens if you start seeing someone new? what are you going to say?

Wearing a rug can quickly take over your life. The upkeep, the worry over "someone noticing".

All you're really doing is trading one set of problems and concern for another.

But who cares right? you have to "save" the rest of your 20's because after that, it's all over, right? My God, get a clue.

A hairpiece is likely to accelerate your hair loss. You're going to have to shave down your existing hair so the glue can bond to your head. Yeah, that's right-- glue. Or tape. Because that's how a hair piece is mounted on your head. Google "traction alopecia".

Save yourself thousand of dollars, embarrassment, and the teasing of your family down the line when you finally come clean with a funny looking haircut when you finally throw in the towel about wearing a rug. And you will. Trust me.

Do you play sports? go to a gym? are you active? wear a motorcycle helmet or a bike helmet? like to swim? live in a wind free environment? why do I mention this? never mind. Get the rug and find out.

I guess you're going to learn this lesson for yourself. Remember, you were warned.

Hal

Thanks so much for the advice. What a coincidence, even though I posted this thread a year ago. I actually booked a consultation next Thursday to get a hair system.

Theres this guy in Toronto were I live, who makes very realistic hair systems. He cuts them in and creates them all in one. If you watch his videos he is staunchly against buying hair systems online and doing guess work.

https://www.youtube.com/user/newrootsonline/videos

If I were to have a one night stand or hook up with a girl, would she know Im wearing a hair system?
  • 07-11-2014 06:25 PM
    hal
    LOL. I did not notice the date on the original post-- I thought it was recent. If you go for your consultation, look for the usual gimmicks employed by these places: you'll see pictures on the wall of young looking guys doing all sorts of exciting sports-- skydiving, motorcycles, scuba diving. And of course, there's always a beautiful babe around. The imagery and message is clear: having hair=sex and exciting life.

I hate to descend to cliche', but with young guys, it's always about getting laid. I bet when you go in to the guys office to talk, you see a gym bag and pictures on the wall of the guy climbing a mountain or something. It will be something outdoors, showing what an active guy he is. It's all part of the sales pitch-- buy the rug, get laid and have an exciting life.

As to your question, the answer is probably. Girls like to touch hair-- she's going to be running her hands through your hair at some point. Missing the fact your wearing a hairpiece is wishful thinking on your part.

The hairpiece base will have a lot to do with it. But no matter how they dress it up with sales talk and imagery, its still something glued to your head.

When you first get it, you're usually over the moon because you think you've found your solution. But then you rapidly become paranoid. You worry about being "found out". You begin to dissect every comment by friends and family worrying that someone knows. You begin to hate the mait. regime. The expense. When you take it off, you hate the way you look, because you have the top of your head shaved or a big ring around the fringe shaved to make sure the glue/adhesive has something to grab on to (your scalp). You begin to hate wearing the piece, but by then, you're trapped. Sure you could go cold turkey and take of the rug, shave everything down, and be done with it. However, few have the courage to do that. At least at first. But it means years of feeling trapped and dependent.

Here's some advice-- I don't know you but believe me I know EXACTLY what your going through. I've been there. Anyway, here it is-- it's not complicated.

Keep your hair short-- short hair looks neat, and there's nothing worse than a cover up attempt by trying to hide thinning hair by growing what you have out long.

Stay in shape. Get regular exercise and stay thin and active. That alone will open up more doors than your realize.

Enjoy your life. Work hard, study hard, but also take time to enjoy the fruits of your labor. Don't let the worry of hair loss poison your whole existence. I say this a lot but it's very true: the hairline you have now that causes you so much concern and worry (and possibly self loathing) is the one you're going to wish you you still had 10 years from now.

Look in to Propecia. I'm not a big fan of this option-- I happen to believe that playing with your bodies chemistry for years on end with drugs and thinking there's not going to be a bill to pay somewhere down the road is foolish. But hey. You never know. It may be a short term option until some better option comes along. But understand FULLY the risks involved. Research it to death before making an informed decision.
  • 07-11-2014 06:43 PM
    fred970
    That's the kind of post about hair pieces we need to see more often. Thank you hal for telling it like it is!

It's amazing how many times I tell people on hair loss forums that a hair piece is not a viable solution for hair loss, yet they don't believe a word of it.

I've never had a hair piece, but my father has been wearing one for more than 30 years now.

And he admits it: wearing a piece is hell on earth, but he still wears it, because he just couldn't live without a Beatles hairstyle.

» IAHRS

hair transplant surgeons

» The Bald Truth

» Recent Threads

1800 graft repair case results by Dr. Lindsey
Yesterday 08:38 AM
Last Post By Dr. Lindsey
Yesterday 08:38 AM
Navigating the German Job Market as a Kenyan Citizen
11-04-2023 06:31 AM
Last Post By Keegan212
Yesterday 03:51 AM