• 05-14-2015 11:15 PM
    winkywoo
    Will fin stop my hair loss if...
    I'm 19. NW 2.5. Very very early stage of thinning on top and vertex. I'm going to jump on fin but wanted to know if this is just a pointless idea because my hairloss is aggressive. Might it still slow it down or stop it? Or am i just doing something pointless. Convincing my derm to go on dut is nearly impossible so it's really the only option I have. Anyone else out there had hair loss similar to me at a young age and resolved it with fin? Thanks.
  • 05-15-2015 02:55 AM
    KO1
    Yes dude. Even if it doesn't you will still have far more hair than otherwise
  • 05-15-2015 11:15 AM
    winkywoo
    Quote:

Originally Posted by KO1 View Post
    Yes dude. Even if it doesn't you will still have far more hair than otherwise

Cool. Thanks man. Fin it is.
  • 05-15-2015 04:55 PM
    Grefer
    what is the failure rate? nearly zero?
  • 05-15-2015 06:08 PM
    winkywoo
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Grefer View Post
    what is the failure rate? nearly zero?

Is it? I'm not sure. I hear more people slagging the drug off than praising it. Im very glad to hear that it's low though. I'll be starting on Tuesday.
  • 05-16-2015 08:54 AM
    Agustin Araujo
    Quote:

Originally Posted by winkywoo View Post
    Is it? I'm not sure. I hear more people slagging the drug off than praising it. Im very glad to hear that it's low though. I'll be starting on Tuesday.

Finasteride will stop hair loss in over 85-90 percent of men who take the medication, it's really one of the best treatments for MPB. There are many men who take it without any problems.

I take 0.5 mg of Dutasteride daily and I haven't experienced any adverse effects.
  • 05-16-2015 09:40 AM
    Artista
    Hi Winkywoo!

Welcome to our forum!
    Yes, there is a good % of a chance that Finasteride can possibly HELP you !!
    You have gotten some good responses here..
    Check out my thread on my use of Finasteride, started in 2013.
    This is page 18 of my thread..it has a couple of my pictures...so does page 15

https://www.baldtruthtalk.com/showth...steride/page18
    https://www.baldtruthtalk.com/showth...steride/page15

If you have time Winkywoo, read 'Artista and Finasteride' from the beginning.
    Cheers to you bro!
  • 05-16-2015 11:13 PM
    brocktherock
    Brother get on finasteride and don't let people scare you. If I hadn't waited so long I could have saved my hair. Try it and remember that many of the people had the placebo effect with sides. If it doesn't work then quit but try and give it a chance. You could still enjoy your 20's and maybe more
  • 05-17-2015 04:34 PM
    winkywoo
    Quote:

Originally Posted by brocktherock View Post
    Brother get on finasteride and don't let people scare you. If I hadn't waited so long I could have saved my hair. Try it and remember that many of the people had the placebo effect with sides. If it doesn't work then quit but try and give it a chance. You could still enjoy your 20's and maybe more

Thanks so much man. This gives me hope. Enjoying my 20s sounds damn good.. Going to the derm on Tuesday! Can't wait to start.
  • 05-17-2015 05:31 PM
    Artista
    Winkywoo That's GREAT that you will give it a chance to HELP you !
    As I've said , DO NOT focus on it nor become stressed over it.
    You WILL experience some type of improvement
    More than likely NO 'Sides' from it either!!
    Keep us informed bro' !!

» IAHRS

hair transplant surgeons

» The Bald Truth