• 01-24-2018 09:37 AM
    ikibah
    how often should a single hair be falling out?
    I have a couple of hairs that are noticeably lower than the rest of my hairline so it's easy for me to gauge when they're missing/fall out.

I was under the impression that the average cycle for a hair before falling out can be a couple of years. - however I've noticed that some of these hairs will fall out and regrow a couple of times over the span of a year. Is this normal?
  • 01-24-2018 12:11 PM
    Steven D
    Quote:

Originally Posted by ikibah View Post
    I have a couple of hairs that are noticeably lower than the rest of my hairline so it's easy for me to gauge when they're missing/fall out.

I was under the impression that the average cycle for a hair before falling out can be a couple of years. - however I've noticed that some of these hairs will fall out and regrow a couple of times over the span of a year. Is this normal?

You should see a derma
  • 01-24-2018 07:39 PM
    ikibah
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Steven D View Post
    You should see a derma

okay very helpful thank you
  • 01-25-2018 01:22 PM
    pkipling
    I don't see anything that seems particularly alarming and necessarily warrants a trip to the dermatologist, especially if you're only talking about a handful of hairs. We lose on average at least a hundred hairs a day, so unless you're seeing considerably more hair fall than this on a daily basis, I don't see any cause for major concern. Keep an eye on your entire head of hair as a whole and then reassess.

I am a patient advocate for Dr. Parsa Mohebi in Los Angeles, CA. My opinions/comments are my own and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of Dr. Mohebi and his staff.
  • 01-25-2018 09:47 PM
    ikibah
    Quote:

Originally Posted by pkipling View Post
    I don't see anything that seems particularly alarming and necessarily warrants a trip to the dermatologist, especially if you're only talking about a handful of hairs. We lose on average at least a hundred hairs a day, so unless you're seeing considerably more hair fall than this on a daily basis, I don't see any cause for major concern. Keep an eye on your entire head of hair as a whole and then reassess.

I am a patient advocate for Dr. Parsa Mohebi in Los Angeles, CA. My opinions/comments are my own and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of Dr. Mohebi and his staff.

ANy thoughts on why the same couple of hair fall out a number of times throughout a span of months?
  • 01-26-2018 04:30 PM
    pkipling
    Quote:

Originally Posted by ikibah View Post
    ANy thoughts on why the same couple of hair fall out a number of times throughout a span of months?

No idea... But if it's just a couple of hairs, it doesn't seem like anything particularly alarming to me. It could very well be another hair right next to it, but who's to say.

» IAHRS

hair transplant surgeons

» The Bald Truth

» Recent Threads

The Mane Event for Thursday, June 15th, 2023
06-15-2023 02:59 PM
Last Post By gisecit34
Today 02:15 AM
Sun Exposure after Hair Transplant
02-26-2009 02:36 PM
Last Post By SarahCarter
04-22-2024 04:24 PM