Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • efedrez
    • May 2013

Further Follicept civil conversation

I understand the policy violations in the past Follicept threads however I'm trying to open a new one since most of the forum members would like to remain informed on this new potential treatment.
    BTT has always been a great place to share ideas and news for baldies around the world and I honestly hope we could continue to use the forum to share information on this or any other potential treatment regardless how controversial the conversation might get
  • Trouse5858
    • Apr 2014

I was thinking the same thing. Good job.

Comment

• jamesst11
      • Jun 2014

Great idea! I have enjoyed following Follicept. I think DEBATE is good and should always be welcomed. SARCASM and INSULTS have NO place in any educated discussion. Let's keep this real.

Comment

• Delphi
        • Mar 2009

I think it’s a good idea, but I do not think that guy Devon should be allowed to continue to pander to the more desperate members of this forum. I understand the mods here try to keep things fair and balanced and try to give people the benefit of the doubt, but I personally think he should be excluded from any discussion and so should anyone who violated any of the rules on the other Follicept threads.

At least this way people can give their real impressions without all the bickering and without that guy Devon trying to play Mr. nice guy or play the “victim” like he does on his own blog. Another thing is that anyone who would believe anything that a company like this says on their own blog is crazy. It’s so easy to manipulate desperate people, especially if you play up to them like Devon has. It’s utterly unprofessional for any real medical research team to attempt to build relationships with desperate hair loss forum members and act like he is their friend. I think it’s a good idea to keep our eyes open and to continue to talk about Follicept here on BTT.

What do you say Winston? I do not personally believe that this will be anything more than another cosmetic product sold as a hair loss “cure,” but it will be interesting to see how things play out.

Comment

• amadeus
          • Dec 2008

As a long time member here, it always makes me sad to see just how easy it is to create hype on these forums. All one has to do is make it appear like they are really onto something and then work the crowd. Oh, and if they have a website and post a couple of Youtube videos they have instant credibility among the really young and desperate on the forums.

I think it’s fine to discuss Follicept, but it’s very difficult to take them seriously and I caution everyone to wait for independent verification before putting this stuff on your heads once they start selling it. We all know how easy it is to manipulate before and after pictures and even video can be manipulated with some light variance. I agree with Delphi that it’s going to be interesting to see how this plays out, but I’m in it purely for the entertainment value

Originally posted by Delphi
          I think it’s a good idea, but I do not think that guy Devon should be allowed to continue to pander to the more desperate members of this forum. I understand the mods here try to keep things fair and balanced and try to give people the benefit of the doubt, but I personally think he should be excluded from any discussion and so should anyone who violated any of the rules on the other Follicept threads.

At least this way people can give their real impressions without all the bickering and without that guy Devon trying to play Mr. nice guy or play the “victim” like he does on his own blog. Another thing is that anyone who would believe anything that a company like this says on their own blog is crazy. It’s so easy to manipulate desperate people, especially if you play up to them like Devon has. It’s utterly unprofessional for any real medical research team to attempt to build relationships with desperate hair loss forum members and act like he is their friend. I think it’s a good idea to keep our eyes open and to continue to talk about Follicept here on BTT.

What do you say Winston? I do not personally believe that this will be anything more than another cosmetic product sold as a hair loss “cure,” but it will be interesting to see how things play out.

Comment

• It's2014ComeOnAlready
            • Sep 2014

Ding dong, the witch is dead.

Comment

• gainspotter
              • Aug 2013

Maybe this thread should have been re named to 'lets all slate follicept'.

Seriously though, they've had nobody's money and until they have sufficient proof it grows hair they won't get anybody's money. Please respect these people for at least trying to find an alternative to crippling pills, disgusting foams and pathetic hair transplants. Obviously it could flop, We all know this, but as no money is being requested then let us stop moaning and have patience.

Comment

• Delphi
                • Mar 2009

Originally posted by gainspotter
                Maybe this thread should have been re named to 'lets all slate follicept'.

Seriously though, they've had nobody's money and until they have sufficient proof it grows hair they won't get anybody's money. Please respect these people for at least trying to find an alternative to crippling pills, disgusting foams and pathetic hair transplants. Obviously it could flop, We all know this, but as no money is being requested then let us stop moaning and have patience.
                I think being civil and having patients is always the way to go, but we all have to realize the Devon came here for a reason and even states on his own website that “BTT served its purpose”. Asking for money right away isn’t the smart move and they know this. Endearing themselves and becoming entrenched in the hair loss community will be much more effective in the end, so no one on these forums should be naive enough to think otherwise. The fact that Devon asked for feed back on their logo and for other ideas from the community is a classic psychological tactic for building trust.

I think having a real and respectful discussion about Follicept and not one filled with hype, speculation and desperate hope can be very beneficial.

Comment

• PayDay
                  • Nov 2008

I don’t think a civil, respectful discussion will ever gain any traction. These types of overnight hit products usually attract the really aggressive types on all the forums. They are either going to kiss Devon’s ass or call him a scam artist, and there is usually no real middle ground. I think it’s best to just keep this type of nonsense off the forum, it only gives kids false hope and gives legitimacy to Follicept, If Follicept ends up working, we’ll all learn about it in the news. If history has taught us anything, not a single company who has used these forums to promote their cures has ever amounted to anything.

Comment

• jamesst11
                    • Jun 2014

I really don't think Devon is to blame for anything. Go back through the old posts. The conversation was completely civil until certain members of this forum made it otherwise. He was simply stating that they had a product that showed potential. He never said they were 100% sure of it's effectiveness. The dreamers turned it into a dream and the haters turned it into a fraud.

Comment

• PayDay
                      • Nov 2008

Originally posted by jamesst11
                      I really don't think Devon is to blame for anything. Go back through the old posts. The conversation was completely civil until certain members of this forum made it otherwise. He was simply stating that they had a product that showed potential. He never said they were 100% sure of it's effectiveness. The dreamers turned it into a dream and the haters turned it into a fraud.
                      That’s true and that’s the way these types of threads all turn out. The fanatics on either side take over and all of a sudden the thread is 200 pages. As far as Devon, I would have to agree with Delphi about his pandering to these desperate members. He’s not a stupid guy, he understands the importance of building an audience in a community like this one. He got what he could out of BTT and took all of his sycophants over to his website so he can freely indulge their desperate need for hope without question. Hey, that's cool, I understand he's a business man, but lets call it for what it really is. I personally think the fanatics ruin this great community. People come here for help, not ridiculous drama.

Comment

• Delphi
                        • Mar 2009

Originally posted by PayDay
                        That’s true and that’s the way these types of threads all turn out. The fanatics on either side take over and all of a sudden the thread is 200 pages. As far as Devon, I would have to agree with Delphi about his pandering to these desperate members. He’s not a stupid guy, he understands the importance of building an audience in a community like this one. He got what he could out of BTT and took all of his sycophants over to his website so he can freely indulge their desperate need for hope without question. Hey, that's cool, I understand he's a business man, but lets call it for what it really is. I personally think the fanatics ruin this great community. People come here for help, not ridiculous drama.
                        Amen! Maybe you're right, it probably isn't such a great idea to try to continue a conversation about this. I mean, what's the point really? The posters who spend most of their time going back and fourth to make the their little points are usually not the most rational people and I agree they are only toxic to this community.

Comment

• NeedHairASAP
                          • Jul 2011

Originally posted by Delphi
                          Amen! Maybe you're right, it probably isn't such a great idea to try to continue a conversation about this. I mean, what's the point really? The posters who spend most of their time going back and fourth to make the their little points are usually not the most rational people and I agree they are only toxic to this community.

The real reason that it isn't worth talking about is becuase they are TESTING IT RIGHT NOW... so there isn't much to talk about until they release results (good or bad). Then there is room for more debate/conversation....

At this point, its either (1) people posting to hear themselves post or (2) people asking some absurd hypothetical answerless question....

The fact is, we'll have some results (again, good or bad) shortly... not much else to talk about, past or present.

Comment

• serenemoon
                            • Jan 2014

Originally posted by NeedHairASAP
                            The real reason that it isn't worth talking about is becuase they are TESTING IT RIGHT NOW... so there isn't much to talk about until they release results (good or bad). Then there is room for more debate/conversation....

At this point, its either (1) people posting to hear themselves post or (2) people asking some absurd hypothetical answerless question....

The fact is, we'll have some results (again, good or bad) shortly... not much else to talk about, past or present.
                            +1. We won't know for at least two months. I don't think it will be easy for Devon to lie about his hair line, especially we get to see his hair line progress through VIDEO, so that will kind of be positive proof for me.

Comment

• amadeus
                              • Dec 2008

It’s going to take far longer than a couple of months to verify any type of meaningful results and I disagree with your statement about Devon and his hairline. The slightest change in lighting or difference in camera position can make it appear that his hairline has either gotten better or worse. Any legitimate company would invest in accurate documentation methods, including third party densitometry, miniaturization mapping and use a clinical photo booth. The way they are presenting so far is amateurish at best.

Originally posted by serenemoon
                              +1. We won't know for at least two months. I don't think it will be easy for Devon to lie about his hair line, especially we get to see his hair line progress through VIDEO, so that will kind of be positive proof for me.

Comment

Working...