In search of a Cure

Printable View

• 02-20-2011 07:30 PM
    PrinceCharming
    In search of a Cure
    As a child I contracted ringworm on my scalp and due to my parents lack of knowledge about the disease, it wasnt treated properly on time and it left two baldspots on the back of my head. I have very thick and dark hair which, when cut low makes the bald spots very visible. Over the course of my childhood and young adulthood i let my hair grow long to cover the spots to avoid teasing and embarrasement. But now im very tired of keeping up with the maintenance and Im wishing a solution to somehow cover these spots. They are not very large, probably the size of a quarter. Is there any treatment for this problem??
  • 02-20-2011 08:13 PM
    SilverSurfer
    Probably alopecia areata. It can be treated with a corticosteroid (steroid injections), now with PRP, some antifungal perhaps, but your first choice should be to consult a good dermatologist. Ask him about the PRP, if you have pictures email them to Dr Greco to see what he says, they are some good examples of how he has succefully treated alopecia areata with PRP in his website. Good luck/:cool:
  • 02-23-2011 06:55 PM
    PrinceCharming
    Thanks, Im going to take some photos and hear what some of these doctors have to say
  • 02-25-2011 03:30 PM
    gillenator
    From a lay person's point of view, I think you have potential to have that fixed and if steroid creams/injections do not stimulate new growth, consider FUE for a small area like you described. Best wishes to you.
  • 02-28-2011 09:26 PM
    PrinceCharming
    Yeah, that treatment caught my attention so Im going to research it a lot more and find a trustworthy doctor. Thanks for the advice

» IAHRS

hair transplant surgeons

» The Bald Truth