• 07-25-2016 09:08 PM
    hanginginthewire
    1 Attachment(s)
    Could Transplantation Help Me (Pic)
    My thinning pattern seems to me to indicate Norwood 5 or 6, maybe with high sides? I am quite willing to take fin. What do you guys think?
  • 07-25-2016 10:13 PM
    Seanybee
    Looks exactly like my hair mate, dose yours itch?
  • 07-25-2016 10:43 PM
    hanginginthewire
    The thinning areas definitely have at times, yes. Been on fin and/or dut since Nov. 2015 and haven't had much itch since then.
  • 07-28-2016 05:46 PM
    hanginginthewire
    Anyone else? Really would value people's opinions. I'm 37. Feel like I'm probably a diffuse patterned thinner but also with temple recession and some nape balding.
  • 07-30-2016 12:06 PM
    hanginginthewire
    Bump
  • 07-31-2016 01:35 AM
    Mpbman
    You're my age and your hair is in far better shape than mine.

I'd say go for propecia and if the medication works for you, you'll slow down or stop your hair loss for a long time. Believe me, you'll be very happy if your hair looks like this at 47 or 57.

You can even use those fibers like topik or caboki to get more density on top (don't overdo it with those), or maybe dermmatch which sticks to the hair longer than the fibers.

Regarding the hair transplant - you better go to a IAHRS recommended surgeon for a consultation. He'll know what's best for you.
  • 07-31-2016 06:01 PM
    hanginginthewire
    Thanks man. Anyone have an opinion on my Norwood destiny based on this pic. I feel like I'm a diffuse thinner but I have recession and nape thinning too. Anyone have an opinion?
  • 07-31-2016 06:21 PM
    hanginginthewire
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Mpbman View Post
    You're my age and your hair is in far better shape than mine.

I'd say go for propecia and if the medication works for you, you'll slow down or stop your hair loss for a long time. Believe me, you'll be very happy if your hair looks like this at 47 or 57.

You can even use those fibers like topik or caboki to get more density on top (don't overdo it with those), or maybe dermmatch which sticks to the hair longer than the fibers.

Regarding the hair transplant - you better go to a IAHRS recommended surgeon for a consultation. He'll know what's best for you.

Are you taking fin? When did you start thinning and have you slowed down? Would you or have you gotten a transplant?
  • 08-02-2016 11:06 AM
    pkipling
    Where are you located? I think it would definitely be beneficial to you so set up an appointment with an IAHRS doctor and get their opinion after an in-person consultation. They'll be able to do a full evaluation regarding your family history, medication, miniaturization testing to help predict future loss, etc. Your situation is on the more complicated side, but it doesn't mean you won't have options.

• 08-02-2016 12:34 PM
    hanginginthewire
    Thanks. I'm in Illinois. Why do you say it looks more complicated?

» IAHRS

hair transplant surgeons

» The Bald Truth