Aderans

Printable View

• 05-26-2012 03:53 AM
    yeahyeahyeah
    Aderans
    http://www.aderansresearch.com/presentation/

They are looking to launch their product in 2014 and are nearing the completion of their phase 2 trials, which will be completed by next year. And to top it off, have huge investment behind them.

They have regrown terminal hair, why is nobody talking about them?
  • 05-26-2012 05:08 AM
    iHope
    My english isn't good enough, so I didn't understand everything....so...this is about hair transplatation of newly created hairs? Like, hair has to grow somewhere in labaratory and then they'll transplate it into client's scalp, right?

I'm scared how much expencive this procedure might be :D
  • 05-26-2012 06:02 AM
    yeahyeahyeah
    Quote:

Originally Posted by iHope View Post
    My english isn't good enough, so I didn't understand everything....so...this is about hair transplatation of newly created hairs? Like, hair has to grow somewhere in labaratory and then they'll transplate it into client's scalp, right?

I'm scared how much expencive this procedure might be :D

They take your hair from the donor area, multiply it in a lab, then put it back in your scalp.

Price should go down as more and more adopt this technology.
  • 05-26-2012 06:26 AM
    kaandereli
    aderans isn't presenting themselves in media and forums frequently like replicel and histogen.for example , dr.ziering had been to this forum and had answered to the questions from everyone.and replicel has been very informative in their progress.
    even though they might appear in the market first , it shouldnt be suprising that anyone heard of them
  • 05-26-2012 06:35 AM
    yeahyeahyeah
    Quote:

Originally Posted by kaandereli View Post
    aderans isn't presenting themselves in media and forums frequently like replicel and histogen.for example , dr.ziering had been to this forum and had answered to the questions from everyone.and replicel has been very informative in their progress.
    even though they might appear in the market first , it shouldnt be suprising that anyone heard of them

They will be out first IMO.

They have had more then enough time, and as I wrote previously have the financial muscle power to make it happen. They recently for example got a 100m investment.

I am also sure they would want to beat histogen to being the first product in the market.

The future looks bright for hairloss sufferers.

I think their technology works on NW6s too.
  • 05-26-2012 07:07 AM
    BoSox
    How can they release so soon? I thought they had problems with hair angles and stuff?

Hopefully they worked out all the kinks, this is amazing. I feel more optomistic about the near future.
  • 05-26-2012 07:11 AM
    yeahyeahyeah
    Quote:

Originally Posted by BoSox View Post
    How can they release so soon? I thought they had problems with hair angles and stuff?

Hopefully they worked out all the kinks, this is amazing. I feel more optomistic about the near future.

Soon?

LOL.

You do know that Aderans have been working on their technology for like 10 years?
  • 05-26-2012 07:15 AM
    BoSox
    Where does it say that they are releasing in 2014? From what I've heard, Aderans hasn't been able to achieve cosmetically appeasable results?
  • 05-26-2012 07:16 AM
    yeahyeahyeah
    Quote:

Where does it say that they are releasing in 2014? From what I've heard, Aderans hasn't been able to achieve cosmetically appeasable results?

Timeline is in the video, where did you read that?
  • 05-26-2012 07:21 AM
    yeahyeahyeah
    Recent update
    http://www.prweb.com/releases/2012/3/prweb9338650.htm
    Quote:

Clinical Study Enrollment

Aderans Research reached a major milestone this month with the completion of enrollment in one of its key Phase 2 clinical protocols.

ShareThis Email PDF

“We’re thrilled to reach this landmark in our research,” said Vern Liebmann, Aderans Research Chief Operating Officer. “We are looking forward to sharing the advances we’ve made in the field of hair regeneration.”
    Atlanta, GA (PRWEB) March 28, 2012

Aderans Research reached a major milestone this month with the completion of enrollment in one of its key Phase 2 clinical protocols. A total of more than 350 subjects across the country are enrolled in the trial, which evaluates the effect of Aderans’ unique Ji Gami™ family of cell products on pattern hair loss.
    “We’re thrilled to reach this landmark in our research,” said Vern Liebmann, Aderans Research Chief Operating Officer. “We are looking forward to sharing the advances we’ve made in the field of hair regeneration.”
    Aderans expects to tabulate, analyze and present their findings at the conclusion of the trial. In the meantime, more clinical protocols are in the works to test additional products coming down the pipeline and see how they might benefit patients with male and female pattern hair loss.
    “Our cell engineering solutions offer a completely new approach to treatment for the millions of people who suffer from hair loss,” said Aderans Research Chief Executive Officer Ken Washenik, M.D., Ph.D. “The results to date are promising, and with the enrollment complete in this Phase 2 protocol, we’re getting even closer to a solution.”

A pioneer in its field, Aderans Research is committed to developing innovative solutions for those who struggle with hair loss. For more information about Aderans Research, visit http://www.aderansresearch.com.

About Aderans Research

Aderans Research is a pioneer in the research and development of safe, effective cell engineered products for hair regeneration. Located in Atlanta, Aderans Research is a subsidiary of Aderans Co., Ltd, the world’s largest wig manufacturer, and affiliate of Bosley, a global leader in surgical hair restoration.

Ongoing information on ARI’s clinical study can be seen at

http://aderansresearch.com/ari_clinicalupdates.html.
    Additional information on ARI can be found at http://www.aderansresearch.com.
    Learn more about ARI’s parent company Aderans Co., Ltd. at
    http://www.aderans.com/english/index.html, and its sister company Bosley at
    http://www.bosley.com.

Vern Liebmann
    Tel: +1.678.213.1913
    vliebmann(at)h-ari(dot)com
  • 05-26-2012 07:22 AM
    BoSox
    That was way back when they started I guess, about the hair angle growth. Do you really think they will have it ready by 2014ish?
  • 05-26-2012 07:24 AM
    yeahyeahyeah
    Quote:

That was way back when they started I guess, about the hair angle growth. Do you really think they will have it ready by 2014ish?

Anyones guess, they have spent a lot of money developing it and they have grown hair on human skin, so yes. My money is on aderans hitting hte market first.
  • 05-26-2012 07:27 AM
    yeahyeahyeah
    Timeline
  • 05-26-2012 07:32 AM
    BoSox
    Will they be able to restore a NW7 to NW2?

I'm glad to see they got the funding, I don't see why they can't have it out by 2014.. gooooooo aderannnssss
  • 05-26-2012 07:34 AM
    yeahyeahyeah
    Quote:

Will they be able to restore a NW7 to NW2?

I'm glad to see they got the funding, I don't see why they can't have it out by 2014.. gooooooo aderannnssss

Yeah think so, as they are cloning your donor hair.
  • 05-26-2012 08:04 AM
    iHope
    This sounds very promissing. But weather or not they release it by 2014, I'm so happy and greatful that they are working on it :)
  • 05-26-2012 09:03 AM
    WashedOut
    Quote:

Originally Posted by yeahyeahyeah View Post

That timeline has already been pushed back because phase 2 will not be finishing in the beginning of 2012. Probably on pace for 2015 at this point without more setbacks.
  • 05-26-2012 09:08 AM
    yeahyeahyeah
    Quote:

Originally Posted by WashedOut View Post
    That timeline has already been pushed back because phase 2 will not be finishing in the beginning of 2012. Probably on pace for 2015 at this point without more setbacks.

If you look at the timeline phase 3 starts in the autumn or slightly later.

We are not ever in mid 2012 yet.
  • 05-26-2012 09:11 AM
    Conpecia
    Excellent news. I'm getting more and more confident that a superior treatment will be available for us by no later than 2015. I was really deflated by the Replicel results, so it's good to see this from Aderans. Their method is also more convincing to me than Replicel's, and they're further along. Just doubling the amount of donor hair available will be a huge step forward, and if they somehow create a limitless supply then it's bye bye baldness.
  • 05-26-2012 09:45 AM
    hairysituation
    Why is everyone getting so excited? Is it the desperate hope, huh? We all know that their clinical trials aren't very promising. Look at the visual result in this photo, http://************/ct97mcr, and tell me that this is bright and exciting news.

If you are so happy with some little tiny non-cosmetical desirable hairs, then I guess that makes you more desperate than a starvin baby in a third world country.

I find people's expectations, about Aderans, to be "Goodbye to baldness", but I guess you should say hallo, take it inside you're home, and find out how your should live with it for the rest of you miserable lifes.
  • 05-26-2012 09:59 AM
    iHope
    Quote:

Originally Posted by hairysituation View Post

WEEK 12? Is it so wrong to think it's actually really good :/ ?
  • 05-26-2012 10:08 AM
    yeahyeahyeah
    Quote:

Why is everyone getting so excited? Is it the desperate hope, huh? We all know that their clinical trials aren't very promising. Look at the visual result in this photo, http://************/ct97mcr, and tell me that this is bright and exciting news.

If you are so happy with some little tiny non-cosmetical desirable hairs, then I guess that makes you more desperate than a starvin baby in a third world country.

I find people's expectations, about Aderans, to be "Goodbye to baldness", but I guess you should say hallo, take it inside you're home, and find out how your should live with it for the rest of you miserable lifes.

The terminal hairs in that photo haven't even matured yet. What's your point?
  • 05-26-2012 10:10 AM
    hairysituation
    Quote:

The terminal hairs in that photo haven't even matured yet. What's your point?

Look at the direction of the new hairs, and judge for yourself. You know that this isn't going to help you/us in any way. You're just to damn desperate to acknowlegde the facts.

Quote:

WEEK 12? Is it so wrong to think it's actually really good :/ ?

Yes, it's desperate. Look at the hairs. You can see that hairs aren't cosmetical desirable. Just shave your head or buy a wig.
  • 05-26-2012 10:14 AM
    Quote:

Look at the visual result in this photo, http://************/ct97mcr, and tell me that this is bright and exciting news.

i'm thrilled! :D
  • 05-26-2012 10:21 AM
    hairysituation
    Quote:

Originally Posted by 534623 View Post
    i'm thrilled! :D

Good for you! I guess you're very easy to please then. I guess you are even more desperate than starvin children in third world countries, not just equally. Congratualtions!

You will probably be satisfied when if you can archieve this:
    1. http://************/d3vorjy

Call me when the technology can archieve this:
    2. http://************/dyuwt58
  • 05-26-2012 10:27 AM
    iHope
    Hairysituation, leave us your email or other preferable way you would like us to contact you. :D

Btw, should I remind you again that picture is only WEEK 12?

I guess you're expecting this:

Day 1: http://0.tqn.com/d/menshair/1/0/3/1/-/-/bald6.jpg

Day 20: http://www.ronalfy.com/wp-content/up..._long_hair.jpg
  • 05-26-2012 10:34 AM
    john2399
    Anyone know how this treatment works ?
  • 05-26-2012 10:36 AM
    hairysituation
    Quote:

Hairysituation, leave us your email or other preferable way you would like us to contact you. :D

Btw, should I remind you again that picture is only WEEK 12?

I guess you're expecting this:

Day 1: http://0.tqn.com/d/menshair/1/0/3/1/-/-/bald6.jpg

Day 20: http://www.ronalfy.com/wp-content/up..._long_hair.jpg

No, but I expected the new hairs to grow in a cosmetically desired way, and that there would be many more terminal hairs. I'm willing to bet a great amount of money that this particalur treatment would be nothing but a failure. Anyone that have the balls/are ****ing delusional enough to make this bet agianst/with me.

Bet amount: $1000.

I guess the next natural upcoming question will be: What do you see as a failure, and what do you see as a success?

1) Failure: If the requirement below isn't forfilled.

2) Success: A viable commercialized treatment will would at least restore 20-50% of your original hair density, and will only require one single tratment. It's also given that new hairs is cosmetically diserable.
  • 05-26-2012 11:59 AM
    iHope
    Well, my opinion is that we should be very happy that they possibly found a trace for a solution... Sure, it might not look best that some hairs are in different direction, but there is always possibility for improvement and search for other ways that it could look better. Practice makes it perfect.
  • 05-26-2012 12:13 PM
    hairysituation
    Quote:

Well, my opinion is that we should be very happy that they possibly found a trace for a solution... Sure, it might not look best that some hairs are in different direction, but there is always possibility for improvement and search for other ways that it could look better. Practice makes it perfect.

"Practice makes it perfect" Your IQ must be at the same level as an extremely retarded monkey, at best. I agree that science/research will provide some useful information that possibly can benefit hair loss sufferers in the future. However, it's not like Aderans' research is like a game where they just can perfect their method until it's ideal, it simply dosen't work that way.

It would take decades to transfer the errors connected to Aderans' research and to actually be able to get a viable treatment to the mainstream, decades. It's also given that Aderans provide any useful research/information at all.
  • 05-26-2012 12:18 PM
    iHope
    Quote:

Your IQ must be at the same level as an extremely retarded monkey, at best.

Thanks... ;)
  • 05-26-2012 12:38 PM
    iHope
    Anyway, what I really wanted to say is that they are probably already aware of the problem and that they are searching for solution to make it look better.

As for idea that my IQ is in same level as mentally challenged monkey, I should let you know that english isn't my native language and that it's not easy for me to explain myself better, so I choose some easier ways to say what I wanted. Truth is I had NEVER EVER had any english lession in my entire life, as my school system provided me only german and italian lessions. All I know about enlish is what I've learned from movies, music and video games so that's why it might sound like mentally challenged monkey. I'm sorry for off topic.
  • 05-26-2012 01:13 PM
    hairysituation
    Quote:

Anyway, what I really wanted to say is that they are probably already aware of the problem and that they are searching for solution to make it look better.

As for idea that my IQ is in same level as mentally challenged monkey, I should let you know that english isn't my native language and that it's not easy for me to explain myself better, so I choose some easier ways to say what I wanted. Truth is I had NEVER EVER had any english lession in my entire life, as my school system provided me only german and italian lessions. All I know about enlish is what I've learned from movies, music and video games so that's why it might sound like mentally challenged monkey. I'm sorry for off topic.

The only problem Aderans is aware of is that they have a product that don't work. It's very likely that they don't know why it's not working, or how they possibly can improve it.

Well, I'm not native English myself, but I have had the luxury of some English lessons, but without much help (wasn't really paying attention). I also learned the majority of my English-language by watching movies. However, I think I picked it up faster than you. And why did I have the ability to pick it up faster/simpler than you? Simply because my IQ is much higher than yours. The latter statement dosen't necessarily implies that I have a high IQ, just that .......... (maybe you could finish this sentence for for me).
  • 05-26-2012 01:21 PM
    yeahyeahyeah
    Quote:

The only problem Aderans is aware of is that they have a product that don't work. It's very likely that they don't know why it's not working, or how they possibly can improve it.

Well, I'm not native English myself, but I have had the luxury of some English lessons, but without much help (wasn't really paying attention). I also learned the majority of my English-language by watching movies. However, I think I picked it up faster than you. And why did I have the ability to pick it up faster/simpler than you? Simply because my IQ is much higher than yours. The latter statement dosen't necessarily implies that I have a high IQ, just that .......... (maybe you could finish this sentence for for me).

If it didnt work, then how on earth did it get 100 m funding?

Dont you think they would have had to report their results to their investors?
  • 05-26-2012 02:17 PM
    hairysituation
    Quote:

If you look at their presentation, it does sound promising for sure, but you have to see behind it, and what really goes on behind the scenes. They are trying, but they just don't get there. You will see!
  • 05-26-2012 02:23 PM
    25 going on 65
    This isn't worth anybody getting upset about.

Every step forward in hair restoration R&D is a good thing. Doesn't matter if Aderans comes out tomorrow or never.
  • 05-26-2012 02:27 PM
    neversaynever
    Quote:

Investment does not prove anything. Many many companies have had big financial backing and failed.

Also, the timeline posted is out of date. They are way behind that schedule. The last word from them is that they will conclude phase 2 next year.

I imagine, assuming phase 2 went well, they will take quite a while to arrange phase 3. Probably early 2014.

That will take more than a year (why would it not?)

After that, assuming they have a successful product, they will need time to discuss and plan what to do with it.

Sorry, no chance before 2016.
  • 05-26-2012 03:30 PM
    neversaynever
    Quote:

Originally Posted by 25 going on 65 View Post
    This isn't worth anybody getting upset about.

Every step forward in hair restoration R&D is a good thing. Doesn't matter if Aderans comes out tomorrow or never.

I agree. Might be baby steps, but at least theyre steps.

Imagine if Histogen, replicell, ARI and others banded together to form a super team! Also, there's some hope from japan and maybe europe too...
  • 05-26-2012 05:25 PM
    ccmethinning
    Too many people on this board have the attitude "unless it turns a NW7 into NW0 it is worthless, snakeoil, failure." How often are problems solved that drastically? The truth is if there are to be any improvements, they will likely be incremental. Histogen appears to be that, and Aderans may be that as well.
  • 05-26-2012 06:40 PM
    greatjob!
    I seriously don't understand people like hairysituation, what is the point of coming on this board just to trash people and shit on their hopes? I can understand bashing on a moron like the guy beatingbaldness in the other thread who claims scalp tightness is the cause of hair loss, or when some idiot comes on here saying that if you don't jack off your hair will grow back, but what is the point of telling someone that they have the IQ of a retarded monkey because they have an optimistic view on future treatments?

For all the people on this board who know there aren't any viable treatments coming out anytime soon, what is the purpose of you being here? Since you know that all these treatments are bullshit then leave, go shave your head and get on with your life. Leave these boards for people who have something meaningful to contribute. This board is just turning into a place for miserable people whose only goal is to make everyone as miserable as they are.

» IAHRS

hair transplant surgeons

» The Bald Truth