Recoverup!

Printable View

• 09-02-2010 10:58 AM
    Dutch_Dude
    Recoverup!
    I wanted to share something with you guys.

I mailed this company (recoverup) and they say that their product is already available, in Taiwan!

Read this:

Dear Jonathan E,

My sincere apologies for the late reply to your email. We have been flooded with inquires in regards to this type of AAA (Autologous Adipose Adult) stem cell therapy for hair regeneration, and this has caused some delay in processing client inquiries.

The current situation is that most countries around the world still haven’t passed legislation approving the use of AAA stem cells, even though we stipulate in our Ethical Charter, that we do not under any circumstances use embryonic stem cells. We only use stem cells from you, for you. It seems our company is slightly ahead of the curve in developing stem cell therapies that completely bypass the previous moral and ethical issues.

As a result, we have had to evolve our service locations in response to the current situation. Currently, we are offering the Recoverup Stem Cell Hair Regeneration service in Taipei, Taiwan and Penang, Malaysia.

The treatment is available today. This treatment functions to re-activate (or ‘rejuvenate’) existing follicles. Therefore you would expect the places where there still are follicles, no matter how weak, to be able to be treated successfully with the Recoverup Stem Cell treatment. Empirical data indicates you would expect to see at least 40% of all treated areas showing one of four results; (1) darker hair (2) thicker hair (3) faster growing hair or (4) more hair per follicle. Overall the effect is of ‘more hair’, in those areas which were treated, i.e., in those areas which already had some form of existing follicles.

As this treatment does not create new follicles, but rather rejuvenate existing ones, it is not considered a new treatment, but rather a step jump in technology, in the field of hair reconstruction.

In those areas where there were no existing follicles at all, the Surgeon would suggest no treatment be done there using stem cells, as the results are very minimal. For those areas we may suggest you combine your stem cell treatment with a hair transplant in one procedure at our clinic.

Growth has been shown to start approximately at 2 weeks, and in my case (I had the treatment done as well) it took 10-11 days before I could see the new hair growth. Another benefit I found was that after my treatment, my hair stopped falling out, in all parts of the scalp, not just those treated directly. It seems the stem cell treatment affects the entire scalp, no matter which part was directly treated, and it causes the remaining hair to stop falling out, as the stem cell growth factors take effect.

The treatment cost is approximately 8,000-13,000 USD per procedure, with cost depending on the each specific customers required treatment area. The cost is not per follicle but per procedure. However, for extended areas the procedure may take place over more than one day, and in that case the overall fee may be higher. This procedure cost does not include travel, travel insurance or accommodation.

The first step in the treatment is a liposuction and requires at least 200 ml of fat to be extracted, usually from the waist area. The larger the required area of treatment on the scalp, the more fat needs to be extracted via liposuction. Also the success rate of the extracted fat to stem cells conversion, depends on the patients overall level of existing health. Therefore, the main considerations are level of health and area to be treated.

Then later in the same day, the extracted stem cells would be cultured and inserted back into the patients scalp. This ‘same day service’ was developed specifically to cater to our overseas customers, who would otherwise need to wait several weeks whilst the cells were cultivated.

If you are interested in continuing further, please provide a ‘statement of medical health’ from your Doctor detailing any existing conditions, allergies, medications, in addition to your BMI (body mass index). Finally, please provide 4 photographs of the treatment area on your scalp you would like the surgeon to consider (please provide front, top, left and right side views).

Please note your personal information would not under any circumstances be shared with any other person apart from our R&R Healthcare Customer Service Team and your Responsible Surgeon - your anonymity is assured.

We hope to hear from you soon. Thank you for your interest in Recoverup Stem Cell Hair Regeneration

Best Regards,
    Bobby Dean,
    Manager
    The R&R Healthcare Customer Service Team
  • 09-02-2010 11:18 AM
    mlao
    Spencer, please check this out for us to see if it has any credibility.
  • 09-02-2010 12:42 PM
    alejandro
    How long are follicles active after you lost your hair? I heard someone saying seven years others say 15... I think this might be really important for a lot of hairmultiplication treatments like Histogen or maybe like this is one.
  • 09-02-2010 01:37 PM
    Gubter_87
    I have recieved the exact samet email from them.
    I must say that I am very sceptical about this. They do offer a money back gurantee if hair does not grow, but how do we know what they classify as hair growth? Maybe it's just minoxidil fuzz we're talking about.
    And also they do not show any before and after pictures with the motivation that some other companies enhance such pictures or use fake ones - therefore they will not show us any pictures. I have however asked for pictures via email, and they have said they will send me some. That was two weeks ago, and I have still not recieved any.

Just my two cents - however of course I really do hope this will be the answer for us!
  • 09-02-2010 02:06 PM
    Dutch_Dude
    the things i'm most sceptical about are:

1. they say you can't use other hairloss drugs, which would mean i would have to give up my 1,25 mg a day of finasteride...and i must say, i will have a lot of difficulty with that.

2. they say it restores the hair in the thinning areas and stops the hair form falling out. is it a guarantee that it will work in a preventative way just like finasteride? or maybe even better? that the hair on the rest of your head will just not fall out?

3. about those pictures gutber, i also asked them about it yesterday. i still didn't get a response, but i hope they send them. if you get them first, could you post them?
  • 09-02-2010 06:39 PM
    Winston
    The email seems to contradict some of what's written on the R&R healthcare website

http://www.rrhcare.com/en/brands_Recoverup_01.html

Longer-Lasting
    Unlike other treatments that require constant and continued use to sustain their effects, Recoverup actually stimulates the creation of new follicles and subsequently the growth of fresh, healthy and long-lasting hair, that won't fall out, as the expected life span of the hair follicle is at least 5 years, or more.

I also notice that in their press area the most recent bit of press is Spencer Kobren's post from the Bald Truth, but it says nothing about their stem cell procedure. It all seems a little strange to me.

http://www.recoverup.com/en/press_04.html
  • 09-03-2010 10:59 AM
    KeepTheHair
    As usual, most likely crap. But I wish it wasn't
  • 09-03-2010 12:49 PM
    Dutch_Dude
    so i guess we all just have to wait patiently for histogen's hair stimulating complex or trichoscience or aderans...although i was surprised to receive this mail because their website looks very promising.

if they say that the "real" treatment is coming out in a few years, why do they have this treatment in taipei that no one knows about?
  • 09-04-2010 01:14 AM
    KeepTheHair
    If there really was a cure it will be well known, thats a fact. Very fast.
  • 09-04-2010 01:30 AM
    NateDog
    Another money spinner

Remember someone on here talked about Reneregix or something (cannot remember the name exactly) but it was stem cell regeneration being offered right now for USD eight thousand dollars

I enquired with them to see and then saw Doctor Rassman provide a reply letter he received also and it was a automated generated email response word for word

Only one true solution which is hair transplant currently plus if Propecia works for you lucky you (I do not believe its done wonders for myself like I see others on here) however I have just decided to throw Dusteride into my regime (0.5mg every second day) and see how it goes
  • 09-11-2010 07:27 AM
    Dutch_Dude
    This is the answer I got back from Recoverup after contacting them again:

Dear Jonathan E,

Thank you for your email.

We would like to introduce this treatment to all parts of the world, but currently only Taiwan and Malaysia offer a favourable location to offer this service. There is a lot of confusion about the different types of stem cell, and this is causing legislation to be changed very slowly.

In answer to your question; it does seem from our previous customer experiences that the remaining hair doesn’t fall out anymore. I personally found this to be the case. I had used topical and oral medications to prevent hair loss for over 12 years, and I haven’t used any since my treatment last November, and the hair loss has stopped. In the past, when I stopped using medication, within 2-3 weeks, considerable hair loss would occur.

The reason the hair loss stops is because the stem cells excrete a form of ‘growth factor’ which (seems to) spread to the other cells in the scalp, and this causes the remaining hair to stay in place.

In terms of your existing medications, you might consider re-evaluating the continued use of such after your treatment. The actual results of each patient depend on the vitality of the stem cells extracted, so each case is different.

With regards to your question of Norwood 1; If a person has very few existing follicles in a certain area, then the treatment has been found to be less effective there. The treatment works best where there are still some existing hair follicles.

In the case where there are no existing follicles at all, the Surgeon would suggest having a combination treatment incorporating a partial hair transplant and partial stem cell treatment.

I could give you a more specific evaluation if I were to forward your treatment area photographs to the Surgeon.

Please let me know if I can be of further assistance.

Best Regards,
    Bobby Dean,
    Manager
    The R&R Healthcare Customer Service Team

Rejuvenation & Regeneration (R&R) Healthcare
    www.rrhcare.com

Our Brands:
    www.proserpina.com
    www.recoverup.com
    www.ultrafigure.com
  • 09-11-2010 07:51 AM
    Gubter_87
    I recieved a similar reply along with pictures of two patients. I am not the best judge of pictures but I definately think there is some improvement.
    Right now there are just a bit too many if's and but's about this treatment. Okay it won't grow hair where there is none, but will it stop the rest from falling out? and for how long? Say it would, then in combination with a hair transplant it could be very effective.
  • 09-11-2010 01:53 PM
    Dutch_Dude
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Gubter_87 View Post
    I recieved a similar reply along with pictures of two patients. I am not the best judge of pictures but I definately think there is some improvement.
    Right now there are just a bit too many if's and but's about this treatment. Okay it won't grow hair where there is none, but will it stop the rest from falling out? and for how long? Say it would, then in combination with a hair transplant it could be very effective.

that's true, but where can we get proof? the guy didn't send me any proof or anything...i can't just trust this guy with my eyes closed that my hair would stop falling out. also, i find it very odd you need to NOT use propecia to get oyur money back if it doesn't work. then your hair is lost, and if my propecia stopped working i would panic.
  • 09-11-2010 02:23 PM
    mlao
    We all know that new hair loss therapies will most likely be dependent on stem cells. And I for one really want to believe that this will have some positive effect on someone who has it done. That said they have been very slow to provide some reasonable proof that it works. It seems like something only a very rich person could afford (8 to 13k?) in which case they probably wouldn't care if there was a guarantee or not, so using or not using meds would make no difference. It almost seems like they are trying to test the procedure out while getting paid to do it.
    The only way we'll know if it has any positive effect is if Spencer presses them on the claims they are making.
  • 09-11-2010 02:46 PM
    Dutch_Dude
    Quote:

Originally Posted by mlao View Post
    We all know that new hair loss therapies will most likely be dependent on stem cells. And I for one really want to believe that this will have some positive effect on someone who has it done. That said they have been very slow to provide some reasonable proof that it works. It seems like something only a very rich person could afford (8 to 13k?) in which case they probably wouldn't care if there was a guarantee or not, so using or not using meds would make no difference. It almost seems like they are trying to test the procedure out while getting paid to do it.
    The only way we'll know if it has any positive effect is if Spencer presses them on the claims they are making.

Spencer? Could you help us out? :)
  • 10-18-2010 05:58 AM
    Hamish Stewart
    Recoverup Stem Cell Hair Regeneration
    Hi All,

I'm the Marketing Manager of Recoverup, and just posting a quick note to say that we are finally "ready for business" for the international market. Previous to this, the last 18 months or so, we've been 'testing the market' by focusing on customers in the Taiwan and Malaysia areas. We didn’t anticipate the response from the internet to our website. To this date, we still haven’t registered our website anywhere, nor have we issued a single press release to mainstream media!

I'm also sorry to those who've been experiencing delays in our operations. Some have complained about slow response, and the fact we use standard answers to some email questions, etc. All I can say is that we are new, and have experienced some hiccups in our launch. For this I apologise.

However, the treatment really works. It's ethical, safe and effective. (We only use stem cells taken from your own body).

It's not a "miracle grow" - but it does significantly help with thinning or patchy hair. Dr. Pan, whom I'm posting this on behalf of, has empirical data showing at least 40% improvement in treated areas. That said, if you are completely bald in a particular area, a hair transplant may still be your best option.

Have a good day!

Hamish Stewart
  • 10-24-2010 08:44 AM
    Dutch_Dude
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Hamish Stewart View Post
    Hi All,

I'm the Marketing Manager of Recoverup, and just posting a quick note to say that we are finally "ready for business" for the international market. Previous to this, the last 18 months or so, we've been 'testing the market' by focusing on customers in the Taiwan and Malaysia areas. We didn’t anticipate the response from the internet to our website. To this date, we still haven’t registered our website anywhere, nor have we issued a single press release to mainstream media!

I'm also sorry to those who've been experiencing delays in our operations. Some have complained about slow response, and the fact we use standard answers to some email questions, etc. All I can say is that we are new, and have experienced some hiccups in our launch. For this I apologise.

However, the treatment really works. It's ethical, safe and effective. (We only use stem cells taken from your own body).

It's not a "miracle grow" - but it does significantly help with thinning or patchy hair. Dr. Pan, whom I'm posting this on behalf of, has empirical data showing at least 40% improvement in treated areas. That said, if you are completely bald in a particular area, a hair transplant may still be your best option.

Have a good day!

Hamish Stewart

I'm sorry Mr. Stewart, but when I went on the Recoverup website, I saw no pictures of any results. It's very difficult to believe this when you don't see any evidence that it works.
  • 10-24-2010 01:33 PM
    mlao
    I agree real pictures and testimonials or it isn't real!
  • 10-25-2010 03:06 AM
    Fixed by 35
    Pictures on the internet aren't particularly good evidence either. I could photograph my head now, spray hair on or use Toppik (or, if I'm really audacious like a certain product that makes claims about the thymus gland, I could slap on an obvious wig) and take another photograph and say I've been using just about anything.

The only real evidence is peer review and even then a healthy scepticism is required.

Yet, I say all this, and I'm still going to try TRX 2! I'll let you guys know how it goes; I think it might work.
  • 10-25-2010 03:11 AM
    KeepTheHair
    Heh, yeah...let us know how that goes.

Why do u believe in it enough to try it ?
  • 10-25-2010 03:23 AM
    Fixed by 35
    I believe in it because of the people behind it. People outside of the UK might not appreciate the high regard that both the university and the sponsors backing the TRX 2 project have. Also, unlike a lot of shady scams, the company is based in Europe (predominantly the UK and Germany) where it will be reasonably well regulated compared to, say, the USA or the Developing and Third World.

Oxford University is just not the type of institution that would back a scammer, and Whitfield remains involved in their glycobiology department. His expertise was originally in potassium ion channels and their role in diabetes and hepatitis, but of course they also play an important role in hair growth as minoxidil arguably demonstrates. So, it's not like he's involved in the wrong science.

The lack of pictures is frustrating, however I can at least appreciate why they cannot provide these. UK patent law, and EU patent law for that matter, is very anal. The minute you publicise anything about what your product looks like, how it works or what results you've got, it becomes nye on impossible to patent your product. In other words, once people know about your product, if it's not already patented it belongs to the public. The internet itself is a classic example of that, though Tim Berners Lee never wanted to patent it anyway.
  • 10-25-2010 03:27 AM
    KeepTheHair
    So it will first be out in 2011? Then you prob have to wait 5 months to see if it works... damn. This all takes so much time.

I do hope it works though, really do.
  • 10-25-2010 03:32 AM
    Fixed by 35
    It's a tense time because I'm having a slight shed and I'm a Norwood III with a diffuse Norwood VI pattern emerging. The product is for those who are Norwood I - Norwood IV, so hopefully I won't be too disfigured by January and can use it to good effect!
  • 10-25-2010 07:29 AM
    mlao
    Fixed by 35, I know you value your privacy and I respect that but if it's successful would you object to posting some photos. It would help us all.
  • 10-25-2010 08:51 AM
    River
    Fixed by 35.
    I enjoy reading your posts, and I think you are clearly an intelligent man. As such, I owe it to you to submit a credible argument outlining why I think that trx2 will fail its users.

From the trx2 website:
    Quote:

Potassium ion channels have been implicated in a vast array of diseases ranging from Hepatitis C to Diabetes. These small pore-forming protein structures control the transport of potassium ions across the hair follicle’s cell membrane and are essential for retaining the follicle’s full biological activity and function.

The recent discovery that potassium ion channels exist within the dermal papilla cells of human hair follicles provided a novel therapeutic target for researchers.

TRX2 scientists have demonstrated that as people experience hair loss the function of potassium channels within hair follicles diminishes. The effect is impaired membrane potential and interrupted ion transportation across the hair follicles cellular membranes – resulting in shrinking follicles and thinning hair.

By restoring the functionality of potassium ion channels that have broken down over time, our proprietary TRX2™ Molecular Hair Growth Supplement has been proven to restore hair follicle growth and postpone the progression of hair loss in patients suffering from the early stages of hair loss (Norwood 1-4). It truly is the first product of its kind.
    A claim has been made that damage to potassium ion channels within hair follicles causes hair loss. If the ion channels can be repaired, they claim, hair loss can be halted and hair may be restored.

At this point, I would like to point out that we already have a drug like this. It's called finasteride, and it has gone thorugh human trials, and been proven to work, in like a hundred peer reviewed medical journals. As a medication, it has also gone through extensive safety and efficacy testing.

What you may not be aware of is that this extensive testing is not required for all medication. I'm not entirely sure what the situtation is in the U.K., but in Australia, there are two major types of medications; registered medications and listed medications. With registered medications, a company needs human trials, peer reviewed journals and a hell of a lot of evidence to get permission to sell their product.

Listed medications require no where near so much evidence. This is what the vitamin industry relies on. While vitamins are useful for people who have a deficiency, they don't work to prevent hairloss for example. Nonetheless, you often see vitamin companes making absurd claims about how vitamins can assist with a myriad of unrelated conditions. This doesn't prevent their approval from being sold, however.

From what I can tell, TRX2 is being marketed as a dietary supplement. In Australia, this means that they will not have to go through the difficult registered medication process. Rather, they will go through the listed medication process. As such, they will not have to prove that their medication works.

This makes me very suspicous.
  • 10-25-2010 01:41 PM
    Dutch_Dude
    that trx2 is tablets right? and i think it's available now, isn't it? they don't have pictures either on their website...
  • 10-25-2010 05:23 PM
    Fixed by 35
    They're selling it as a dietary supplement pending peer reviews etc. And they're much more transparent about that than scammers are. We'll see, I think this is worth a try.
  • 10-25-2010 10:49 PM
    Dutch_Dude
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Fixed by 35 View Post
    They're selling it as a dietary supplement pending peer reviews etc. And they're much more transparent about that than scammers are. We'll see, I think this is worth a try.

if it's legit, then i is going to order me some on 10 jan. ;)

i hope you could take it together with finasteride though. i read about this guy somewhere before...and if a university participates in such research and products then it couldn't be that big of a scam...
  • 10-26-2010 01:29 AM
    Fixed by 35
    You can take it with finasteride if you want. Whitfield recommends people replace finasteride with a vitimin supplement not because Propecia isn't the more effective option but because he questions the side effects of the drug and believes they may be severe. He has a point, we know there is a risk, but the option is still ours.

I need to be careful now because I don't want to get a whole board spending a lot of money on junk. Perhaps one or two people would be interested in trialing the product with me, and then we'll report back to the others before everyone makes Whitfield rich?!
  • 10-27-2010 01:56 AM
    Dutch_Dude
    Quote:

You can take it with finasteride if you want. Whitfield recommends people replace finasteride with a vitimin supplement not because Propecia isn't the more effective option but because he questions the side effects of the drug and believes they may be severe. He has a point, we know there is a risk, but the option is still ours.

I need to be careful now because I don't want to get a whole board spending a lot of money on junk. Perhaps one or two people would be interested in trialing the product with me, and then we'll report back to the others before everyone makes Whitfield rich?!

i don't mind taking it together with you. i guess i'll place my order in the beginning of january then...i'm just afraid of a few things...maybe whitfield's pills do have side effects...maybe they don't even work and it's just a scam...of course you want to believe something works but...i don't know, it seems a little suspicious...what if it interferes with my finasteride?
  • 10-27-2010 02:30 AM
    Fixed by 35
    Two good questions. Is TRX2 safe, and can it interfere with finasteride? I guess we need to consider the active ingredients which are Potassium, BCAA, Nicotinic Acid and L-carnitine:

A potassium rich diet is healthy and it is claimed it can reduce hypertension and stroke. It's found in almost all fruits and vegetables. The recommended amount per day is normally around 4,000mg and typically Brits and Americans consume only half of that. However, very high concentrations of potassium ion in concentrated tablet form can kill tissue and cause gastric injury and therefore non-prescription supplement pills are limited to 99mg in the United States. I would presume there is less than this in TRX2, especially as a multivitamin is recommended alongside taking this tablet. Provided this is the case, potassium should not be a concern (however, if you have kidney diseases, you should not take potassium ions).

BCAA are branched chain amino acids. Apparently, they have been used to clinically aid the recovery of burn victims! My reading of this ingredient is that it is harmless; only a deficiency will cause problems.

Nicotinic acid is a B vitamin (B3). Does anyone ever use those Berocca tabs? I think there's a shedload of niacin in those and it's never done me any harm! :D

On a more serious note, you should not exceed 3g of niacin per day.

Finally, L-carnitine. Wikipedia tells me that administration of a carnitine mixture or propionyl-L-carnitine is capable of increasing serum osteocalcin concentrations of animals thus treated, whereas serum osteocalcin levels tend to decrease with age in control animals. Apparently, it's been used as a weight loss supplement and in the treatment of diabetes.

I think from what I've read it shouldn't interfere with propecia or have side effects, provided the doses are below those advised above. Actually, a good argument could be made that the ingredients are just a bunch of vitamins you can buy over the counter, although I think BCAA and L-carnitine would be hard to come by!
  • 10-27-2010 02:38 AM
    Dutch_Dude
    Quote:

Two good questions. Is TRX2 safe, and can it interfere with finasteride? I guess we need to consider the active ingredients which are Potassium, BCAA, Nicotinic Acid and L-carnitine:

A potassium rich diet is healthy and it is claimed it can reduce hypertension and stroke. It's found in almost all fruits and vegetables. The recommended amount per day is normally around 4,000mg and typically Brits and Americans consume only half of that. However, very high concentrations of potassium ion in concentrated tablet form can kill tissue and cause gastric injury and therefore non-prescription supplement pills are limited to 99mg in the United States. I would presume there is less than this in TRX2, especially as a multivitamin is recommended alongside taking this tablet. Provided this is the case, potassium should not be a concern (however, if you have kidney diseases, you should not take potassium ions).

BCAA are branched chain amino acids. Apparently, they have been used to clinically aid the recovery of burn victims! My reading of this ingredient is that it is harmless; only a deficiency will cause problems.

Nicotinic acid is a B vitamin (B3). Does anyone ever use those Berocca tabs? I think there's a shedload of niacin in those and it's never done me any harm! :D

On a more serious note, you should not exceed 3g of niacin per day.

Finally, L-carnitine. Wikipedia tells me that administration of a carnitine mixture or propionyl-L-carnitine is capable of increasing serum osteocalcin concentrations of animals thus treated, whereas serum osteocalcin levels tend to decrease with age in control animals. Apparently, it's been used as a weight loss supplement and in the treatment of diabetes.

I think from what I've read it shouldn't interfere with propecia or have side effects, provided the doses are below those advised above. Actually, a good argument could be made that the ingredients are just a bunch of vitamins you can buy over the counter, although I think BCAA and L-carnitine would be hard to come by!

and this helps your hair grow how?
  • 10-27-2010 03:06 AM
    Fixed by 35
    Heh, yeah. I'm really, really not a scientist! I have to admit as I was working through the ingredients, my doubts on the likelihood of the product working increased.

I had about 70% confidence in the product then and now I'd say it's about 40%. That's still high enough for me to try it, but I wouldn't blame you if you didn't!

30% confidence is my benchmark for trying something. Positives from this approach have been taking beta sitosterol and using minoxidil. Negatives have included using Revivogen and Thymuskin, neither of which worked for me (although I still like Thymuskin as a shampoo, not that I'd pay that much for it).

My confidence is made up of the reputation of the person behind the product as a serious scientist who isn't afraid to show his face in public and demonstrates a scientific knowledge of potassium ions which has faced peer review; the backing of the university and reputable sponsors of innovation and the general interest in potassium ions as a means of reversing aging and degenerative disease.

To exceed 40% I would need to see photos (though I think people too often mistakenly accept photos at face value. It's easy to put a top end wig or toppik on a data subject and photograph them); a peer review directly related to the product (this would determine whether confidence should be 0% or 90% plus) and extensive safety trials.

The trouble with all three of these requirements is that I don't want to wait for all of this study to be complete. Compare this with Histogen; I have to wait until at least 2013 for that. With TRX2, it might not work, but at least I have the means to conduct my own trial. In terms of product availability, it's the only thing so far that is new out next year with some iota of promise. I'd happily trial all sorts of products given the chance and to be honest TRX2 isn't very expensive; it only takes me about three days work to pay for a year's supply with the discount.
  • 10-27-2010 03:14 AM
    Fixed by 35
    http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/1...7.00611.x/full

This is an interesting article on L-carnitine and hair. As an idiot who understands about as much about science as a caveman knew about Britney Spears, I didn't read the full article. I basically read 'L-carnitine' and 'androgenetic alopecia' and joined the dots. Hopefully a scientist will read the article and put it in layman's terms!
  • 10-27-2010 03:16 AM
    Dutch_Dude
    Quote:

Heh, yeah. I'm really, really not a scientist! I have to admit as I was working through the ingredients, my doubts on the likelihood of the product working increased.

I had about 70% confidence in the product then and now I'd say it's about 40%. That's still high enough for me to try it, but I wouldn't blame you if you didn't!

30% confidence is my benchmark for trying something. Positives from this approach have been taking beta sitosterol and using minoxidil. Negatives have included using Revivogen and Thymuskin, neither of which worked for me (although I still like Thymuskin as a shampoo, not that I'd pay that much for it).

My confidence is made up of the reputation of the person behind the product as a serious scientist who isn't afraid to show his face in public and demonstrates a scientific knowledge of potassium ions which has faced peer review; the backing of the university and reputable sponsors of innovation and the general interest in potassium ions as a means of reversing aging and degenerative disease.

To exceed 40% I would need to see photos (though I think people too often mistakenly accept photos at face value. It's easy to put a top end wig or toppik on a data subject and photograph them); a peer review directly related to the product (this would determine whether confidence should be 0% or 90% plus) and extensive safety trials.

The trouble with all three of these requirements is that I don't want to wait for all of this study to be complete. Compare this with Histogen; I have to wait until at least 2013 for that. With TRX2, it might not work, but at least I have the means to conduct my own trial. In terms of product availability, it's the only thing so far that is new out next year with some iota of promise. I'd happily trial all sorts of products given the chance and to be honest TRX2 isn't very expensive; it only takes me about three days work to pay for a year's supply with the discount.

you know, i was just looking at their website and it does look very legitimate...the organizations that back it up...the university that backs it up...i don't think they would do something like that if they didn't believe in the product at all..the price also seems okay. only thing, i don't have a creditcard...in the netherlands it's not very common to have a creditcard...
  • 10-27-2010 03:23 AM
    Hamish Stewart
    Recoverup - case study pictures available
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Dutch_Dude View Post
    I'm sorry Mr. Stewart, but when I went on the Recoverup website, I saw no pictures of any results. It's very difficult to believe this when you don't see any evidence that it works.

Hi Dutch_Dude, as a result of the points you have raised, I have put more pressure on the medical team to get the type of photographs you've requested. And I will post up today to the website what we have so far.

What happened so far is;
    (1) the Doctor was taking pictures before surgery (when patients were prepped for surgery, and hence the hair was dampened to show clearly to the surgeon where to inject) but there pictures were flagged on ************* as being manipulated unfairly. So all these pictures were withdrawn.
    (2) Other pictures with offered, without damp hair, but these were rejected as being taken from too far a distance, and not clearly showing the hair growth.
    (3) Close up's were offered, and these were criticised on another forum as being too close. (!)

Obviously the right pictures are important, and it's my job to find the pictures that the majority can accept.

So … I will be posting up a sample of pictures to the recoverup website in the next few hours for your perusal. More pictures will be released as I arrange them.

Thanks for the feedback.

Hamish Stewart, Marketing Manager.
  • 10-27-2010 03:36 AM
    Fixed by 35
    Quote:

you know, i was just looking at their website and it does look very legitimate...the organizations that back it up...the university that backs it up...i don't think they would do something like that if they didn't believe in the product at all..the price also seems okay. only thing, i don't have a creditcard...in the netherlands it's not very common to have a creditcard...
    I've been having problems trying to order on their website. I'm waiting for them to e-mail me back about the problems I've had.

You can pay via paypal if you're happy to do so, which I think you can link to your bank account for direct debits.
  • 10-28-2010 08:14 AM
    KeepTheHair
    Remember, you guys don't know the exact ingredients. I am not talking about the combination but actually what they put in there.

This is the first supplement to contain Potassium, L-carnitine, BCAA and Nicotinic Acid delivered via a proprietary potassium channel-stimulating complex.

I dno though. There seems to be 1 billion things that MIGHT work. Why would THIS work?

I really want it to, as always. Nice though that we have a lot of people working on this crap. I think I will most likely live most of my life with a good head of hair. The wait is killing me though.
  • 10-28-2010 08:30 AM
    Fixed by 35
    Why would it work, why wouldn't it I suppose.

As far as I can tell, TRX2, like minoxidil, was discovered by mistake. Prior to 2009, Whitfield was working on potassium ion channels in hepatitis patients. Presumably hair growth was a bi-product.
  • 10-28-2010 08:38 AM
    KeepTheHair
    Really sucks that it says it takes 5+ months to see results. That is insane long time to "test" something without knowing it works. Also, a very long time to wait and see if it works. Besides that, they only start selling in a few months. So it will be a long time before we even know if it works or not.

» IAHRS

hair transplant surgeons

» The Bald Truth

» Recent Threads

"Trans-friendly hair transplant surgeons recommended?"
02-09-2024 08:47 PM
Last Post By SonopaalFounik
Yesterday 10:32 PM
New hair care regime based on gene / anti-ageing science
02-22-2022 10:45 AM
Last Post By MolinaKim2091
Yesterday 07:28 AM