Stem Cells

Printable View

• 03-29-2012 04:24 PM
    gmonasco
    Quote:

Originally Posted by gutted View Post
    basically you go for one of these treatments it may give you results, or it may not give you results. 50/50 gamble.

Just because there are two possible outcomes doesn't make it a "50/50 gamble"; the odds of achieving those outcomes are not equal.
  • 03-29-2012 08:44 PM
    DepressedByHairLoss
    Quote:

Originally Posted by NotBelievingIt View Post
    Hair loss isn't a disease. It is not a perversion of nature. It is simply another course nature took. A sucky one though.

Using stem cells to repair broken bones or organs is vastly different from using stem cells to "undo" or "prevent" a biological track.

RepliCels transplantation method is, right now IMO, the only way to "undo" and "prevent" future loss by virtue of changing out the Dermal Sheath Cup for one that can withstand the DHT squeeze.

Many people including myself do actually view hair loss as a disease. Even Spencer himself refers to it as a disease. Hair loss at a relatively young age very often drastically affects a person's mental state, which leads to depression and other mental disorders perpetuated by hair loss. Although hair loss is not a physical ailment, the psychological effects that it has on sufferers is what makes it a disease in my opinion. Although some other "diseases" can hurt a person physically, hair loss oftentimes hurts a person on a mental and emotional level. And very often, physical and emotional pain can be harder to bear than physical pain.
    I think that many people would jump at the chance to use stem cells to regrow their hair, especially the many people who do view hair loss as a disease (like the founder of this website). With regards to other places attempting to use stem cells to regrow hair, there are a few. Except these places use stem cells from adipose (fat) tissue, which do not have the capacity to transform in the way that bone marrow stem cells do. Also, these places are run by "naturopaths" as opposed regular doctors, so that kind of makes me suspicious of their credentials and their practices.
  • 03-30-2012 05:52 AM
    elvispresley
    Quote:

Originally Posted by DepressedByHairLoss View Post
    Many people including myself do actually view hair loss as a disease. Even Spencer himself refers to it as a disease. Hair loss at a relatively young age very often drastically affects a person's mental state, which leads to depression and other mental disorders perpetuated by hair loss. Although hair loss is not a physical ailment, the psychological effects that it has on sufferers is what makes it a disease in my opinion. Although some other "diseases" can hurt a person physically, hair loss oftentimes hurts a person on a mental and emotional level. And very often, physical and emotional pain can be harder to bear than physical pain.
    I think that many people would jump at the chance to use stem cells to regrow their hair, especially the many people who do view hair loss as a disease (like the founder of this website). With regards to other places attempting to use stem cells to regrow hair, there are a few. Except these places use stem cells from adipose (fat) tissue, which do not have the capacity to transform in the way that bone marrow stem cells do. Also, these places are run by "naturopaths" as opposed regular doctors, so that kind of makes me suspicious of their credentials and their practices.

exactly : Although hair loss is not a physical ailment, the psychological effects that it has on sufferers is what makes it a disease in my opinion.

is not a disease but generate a psychic disease in most of people who have baldness.
    so is the cause of a mind desease.
  • 03-30-2012 07:21 PM
    clandestine
    Hair loss in most instances = fear. Fear is the mind killer.
  • 03-30-2012 10:49 PM
    NeedHairASAP
    I am not sure calling it a disease will help anyones mental situation lol

going from thinking of it as a natural occurrence to a disease

"I'm bald"

"I'm diseased"

although I do feel like a lepor
  • 03-31-2012 07:52 AM
    gutted
    Quote:

Originally Posted by gmonasco View Post
    Just because there are two possible outcomes doesn't make it a "50/50 gamble"; the odds of achieving those outcomes are not equal.

yes i understand the odds are not equal, what im trying to say is, theres no garauntee of the efficacy...it may help...it may not help...

» IAHRS

hair transplant surgeons

» The Bald Truth