Home laser Helmet

Printable View

• 04-29-2012 09:57 AM
    charliet1989
    Home laser Helmet
    Hi Guys,

I'm thinking about purchasing a home laser helmet (covers the whole head) and wondered if anyone has used one or could recommend a good one? My hair isn't too bad yet but it is slowly beginning to recede at the front and thin a little towards the crowd... so could do with some laser treatment all over just to strengthen the hair again. I used the hairmax laser comb but its quite time consuming.

Any help would be appreciated!
  • 04-30-2012 07:13 PM
    Dr. Glenn Charles
    I recommend the iGROW to my patients. I have had some good feedback and never any complaints. Remember the lasers work for some patients and not for others. The real risk is the $$$.
  • 05-01-2012 05:40 AM
    Spex
    Laser tends to not work on most in my honest opinion. Save your money.
  • 05-01-2012 01:08 PM
    Tracy C
    Hi charliet1989,

I cannot agree with Mr. Spex's assesment of low level laser therapy. I use the laser comb myself and have done so for over four years. I have seen first hand that it does in fact help treat hair loss. I have also seen first hand that it has improved my sister's hair. I have been in contact with many other women who also use the laser comb and they too feel that it has improved their hair.

I have no experience with laser hoods or helmets and I also have no desire to buy another laser device since I already have a device that is working for me. However, I trust Dr. Charles' opinion. If my laser comb ever stops working, I will probably consider the iGrow as a replacement.

Take care,

Tracy
  • 05-01-2012 04:36 PM
    NotBelievingIt
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr. Glenn Charles View Post
    I recommend the iGROW to my patients. I have had some good feedback and never any complaints. Remember the lasers work for some patients and not for others. The real risk is the $$$.

How many of these patients used no other "proven" "technology"?

In other words - they may have been doing Green Tea or Vitamin E or something else natural - no rogaine, no propecia etc.

The iGROW was the *only* technology they used?
  • 05-01-2012 10:31 PM
    Tracy C
    Quote:

Originally Posted by NotBelievingIt View Post
    In other words - they may have been doing Green Tea or Vitamin E or something else natural - no rogaine, no propecia etc.

At this time and for the foreseeable future no one is going to be able to convince me that "natural" remedies do anything meaningful in any way to treat hereditary hair loss.

Now with that said, I also want to say that although I know laser is helpful, I do not believe laser is the best choice for a stand-alone treatment. Treating the cause of hereditary hair loss is the most important. Laser does not treat the cause.
  • 05-02-2012 01:55 AM
    3rdDecade
    It wouldn't be right if I didn't give an honest opinion so take this with a pinch of salt, Waste Of Money
  • 05-02-2012 11:26 AM
    Tracy C
    Quote:

Originally Posted by 3rdDecade View Post
    It wouldn't be right if I didn't give an honest opinion...

Have you yourself actually tried low level laser therapy?
  • 05-02-2012 05:27 PM
    mpb47
    Quote:

Originally Posted by 3rdDecade View Post
    It wouldn't be right if I didn't give an honest opinion so take this with a pinch of salt, Waste Of Money

At face value it does look a way to take advantage of desperate people watching late night infomercials. One of them even looks like something seen on a SNL parody commercial circa 1976 :)

A laser emits light at a very short wavelength. A plant responds to light (photosynthesis ?)but I do not see how a hair follicle would?

On the other hand , the original internet hair dr (Dr. P.) always said that many treatments , even the crazy ones work a little bit for some people. Many people said polysorobate was a scam, but it did work a little bit for me so maybe this is the same kind of thing. As long as you could get your money back it might be worth taking a shot at it.
  • 05-07-2012 10:59 AM
    charliet1989
    Thanks for your all advice...Im currently using the hairmax laser but only at the temples. I'm still at early stage of hairloss, and laser has helped to at least preserve what I've already got. I know I will eventually start to go at the crown therefore I'm just trying to slow down the process before its to late! A laser helmet would at least give full coverage of the head, with minimal time spent.

From what I've read and know I think laser is a suitable option for someone like myself who is only beginning to recede.

» IAHRS

hair transplant surgeons

» The Bald Truth

» Recent Threads

1800 graft repair case results by Dr. Lindsey
Yesterday 08:38 AM
Last Post By Dr. Lindsey
Yesterday 08:38 AM
Navigating the German Job Market as a Kenyan Citizen
11-04-2023 06:31 AM
Last Post By Keegan212
Yesterday 03:51 AM