artistry concepts

Printable View

• 04-06-2010 01:04 PM
    cuts
    artistry concepts
    hi I have a old scar on the back of my head running from ear to ear is white now and just a little red I was thinking of going to artistry concepts to cover up my scar. There are a lot of people against cosmetic tattoos but I want to hear from people who actually went to AC or no someone who went there specifically instead of someone who got a tattoo from somewhere else. I only heard of one person saying her husband got a bad tattoo from there but she also said that he had a raised scar from multiple scar revisions. That topic is on the hair loss forum I want to join that site but cant figure out how to do so. Also if any for you could tell me how to join it would be appreciated. I asked a plastic surgeon about lasers to reduce scar and he said it had too much of a chance to screw up the scar and make it worse. Let me know what you think!!
  • 04-11-2010 09:41 PM
    MarkNelson
    As do I! Thanks for posting.
  • 04-12-2010 01:14 PM
    nyc76
    hi. i was also thinking about AC, but decided to have a consult with someone in NYC. My consult is tomorrow with a place called the Whitney Center. The person doing the work is Melan Whitney. If I like what I see, they will schedule an appt to do the work sometime in the end of May. Does anyone know anything about Melany Whitney?

My concerns with AC are: 1) they are not really affiliated with any plastic surgeons, 2) the guy is not a makeup artist (he's a tattoo artist), 3) there is very little information on the type if "ink" / pigment he is using and 4) he works out of his home (so i hear).

Not saying that AC is bad (I don't know) but Melany's operations seems more professional/legit.

Thoughts?
  • 04-14-2010 04:17 AM
    BobbyA
    I don't know too much about Melan Whitney, but I have just recently had the Artistry Concepts hybrid method completed on myself. I can tell you AC is LEGIT. I am confident AC is better than any makeup artist you would consider to fix hairloss. The owner has a patent on his method and makes his own ink. He has been in this line of work for 20-30 years. That's pretty credible.

I've had my new look for 2 months now and NOBODY has noticed that I had any work done. This is the most important aspect to me. No more stress!

If your skeptical of AC, I would advise you to check out the Testimonial portion of their website. It is full of reactions to the AC procedure from men with no obligation to speak for AC. In other words its real talk, no bull. This is where I found my confidence to get the procedure done, and I am so happy that I did!
  • 04-14-2010 10:46 AM
    nyc76
    I had my consult with Melany Whitney from the Whitney Center - not a good choice. Her staff was rude and she was unwilling to answer questions....which is always a bad sign.

I have not found someone to perform my micropigmentation scar camouflage yet as I am very concerned with getting someone who is qualified and honest. For what it is worth, here are my thoughts on artistry concepts:

testimonials are great, but can easily be falsified. pictures would be more helpful and a phone conversation (or meeting) with an actual client would be even more helpful.

concerned with anyone who claims that they "make their own ink" and is willing to insert it into the body without a third party approving the ink/pigment. (same concern with their special instrumentation)

concerned with anyone who would make a business model from tattooing dots over someone's entire scalp. for donor scar cover up, it is acceptable. as a remedy for hair loss...it borders on unethical services.

question why no one who has had the procedure performed by AC has posted pictures on third party forums (not AC's website). generally, if they were thrilled with the results they would make others aware.

concerned with the lack of affiliation with any reputable doctors (cosmetic surgeons, hair transplant offices, etc.).

concern about working from home.

In conclusion, while my search continues, I am unlikely to consider AC for the above reasons. For all of you out there, I honestly don't care if you chose to go to AC or not....I don't have a horse in this race. Just someone who is getting my opinion out there to provoke real thought from people in a similar situation.

My path will likely take me to one of the best micropigmentologist in the country as I am confident that is my best option. When selecting someone they should be willing to:

perform a test patch
    discuss how scar tissue is diff with respect to pigment
    answer all your questions (ink, needles, expectations, number of procedures, etc.)
    provide at least 1 client with whom you can speak
    provide photos and indicate how many scar camouflages they have done

best of luck....
  • 04-21-2010 08:21 AM
    Delphi
    I’ve said this before but tattooing your scalp is a really bad idea on several levels, but if someone does decide to do it it should be for very small areas, like scars and such. One place that I think looks very shady is artistry concepts. They seem to be creeping up on all of the forums and the posts look like spam to me. Their website is extremely unprofessional too. Shady!
  • 04-29-2010 11:55 PM
    cuts
    THX we should keep in touch to help each other out
    Hi thank you all for your thoughts. I am happy to hear from you guys!! I wrote several emails to AC and they said that since I live so far away form their location it might be best to try something more locally, since I am just doing the scar they said pigment doesn't always take the first time into the scar if at all. AC said first they would match the color of the scar with the surrounding skin and then 2 weeks later do the dot procedure to mimic hair growing.

I think I would be a good candidate for micropigmintation because my scar is several years old now and it is not raised or swollen. I also did not damage my scar further with any other scar revisions. AC was very professional with there responses not trying to get money from me like HT doctors.(dr. micheal sheps) I am going to go to a micropigmintation place that I hear is good and just talk to them and hear what they have to say. If I dont like what they have to say I might just invest time and money and go to AC, because every scar is different but I think for my scar old thin white and not raised micropigmintation is my best option. Ill keep you guys posted, We should all keep in touch and help each other out!!

(Bobby A, did you do the scar procedure or just the ac procedure for balding.)
  • 06-07-2010 02:28 PM
    oeymello
    about Artistry Concepts...
    Has anyone actually gone there and tried this? I've been emailing them and I think about doing this every day but I'm a little skeptical still. Plus I live in California and the idea of flying to Florida with not really knowing what to expect sounds scary and costly....ANY IDEAS anyone???? thank you
  • 06-07-2010 02:31 PM
    oeymello
    Have you heard/learned anything more about AC? Does anyone else do this who isn't on the east coast? (I'm in soCal) Thanks...
  • 06-07-2010 02:41 PM
    Delphi
    You would have to be out of your mind to have this done and to travel across the country to tattoo your head would be even more ridiculous!
  • 06-07-2010 02:48 PM
    oeymello
    have you done this or seen anyone who actually has?
  • 06-08-2010 09:00 AM
    Delphi
    I would NEVER even consider doing something so ridiculous. I have seen it in person and it does not look natural at all! It's a tattoo on your head!!!
  • 06-20-2010 11:49 AM
    Bubb729
    has anyone done this procedure.. I'm really lookinginto this n want some feedback on someone whose done this.. AX considerably
  • 06-20-2010 12:35 PM
    KeepTheHair
    It's a bad idea man...
  • 06-20-2010 07:19 PM
    Good Look Ink
    YES you can talk to people who have done it at GLI
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Bubb729 View Post
    has anyone done this procedure.. I'm really lookinginto this n want some feedback on someone whose done this.. AX considerably

Contact them at www.****************
  • 06-21-2010 09:07 AM
    Bubb729
    yea GLI.. way to go, that's how you get a potential clients attention.. make fun of his typo :rolleyes:.. ARTISTRY CONCEPTS CONSIDERABLY (AC/ not AX oops) this is for those who have had their procedure done with AC, please reply with any positive or negative info
  • 06-22-2010 06:16 AM
    krauss
    Update
    Quote:

Originally Posted by BobbyA View Post
    I don't know too much about Melan Whitney, but I have just recently had the Artistry Concepts hybrid method completed on myself. I can tell you AC is LEGIT. I am confident AC is better than any makeup artist you would consider to fix hairloss. The owner has a patent on his method and makes his own ink. He has been in this line of work for 20-30 years. That's pretty credible.

I've had my new look for 2 months now and NOBODY has noticed that I had any work done. This is the most important aspect to me. No more stress!

If your skeptical of AC, I would advise you to check out the Testimonial portion of their website. It is full of reactions to the AC procedure from men with no obligation to speak for AC. In other words its real talk, no bull. This is where I found my confidence to get the procedure done, and I am so happy that I did!

This guy seems to be o.k. with his.....
  • 06-23-2010 02:41 PM
    RobinSigismondi
    Don't know AC, but....
    We have seen a number of patients use Tattoo to cover/conceal old transplant scars with good success. If it's done well, it is definitely an option to use to help improve the cosmetic appearance of the scar.

Keep in mind tattoo is not permanent and as it fades, you will need to return for touch up procedures to keep the color natural.

Good luck!
  • 06-23-2010 09:25 PM
    deanvh
    Hey NYC76, How did your visit with Whitney go also has anyone seen results from Artistry Concepts?
  • 06-23-2010 09:30 PM
    deanvh
    Quote:

Originally Posted by oeymello View Post
    Have you heard/learned anything more about AC? Does anyone else do this who isn't on the east coast? (I'm in soCal) Thanks...

Hey OYEMELLO, I also am thinking about A.C. I live in L.A. , have you heard of any clinics here that sound as good as A.C.?
  • 06-28-2010 04:04 PM
    Bubb729
    hey, idk about u guys but liquidish's pic on the AC website (testimonials portion) looks extremely horrible.. sorry liquidish, just being honest.. but if that's 6 months post, that's not good.. but on a positive note it seems as though Liq had this done long b4 the ACHM2 method was developed. so i really feel as though comparing his results to that of those performed under the new method is unfair.. i honestly feel that Mark has developed a new procedure and has grown incredibly in this field.. so maybe comparing his 2010 workalong with his future work should be our main focus.. I'm really leaning towards getting this done but still extremely skeptical..
  • 06-30-2010 06:45 AM
    krauss
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Bubb729 View Post
    hey, idk about u guys but liquidish's pic on the AC website (testimonials portion) looks extremely horrible.. sorry liquidish, just being honest.. but if that's 6 months post, that's not good.. but on a positive note it seems as though Liq had this done long b4 the ACHM2 method was developed. so i really feel as though comparing his results to that of those performed under the new method is unfair.. i honestly feel that Mark has developed a new procedure and has grown incredibly in this field.. so maybe comparing his 2010 workalong with his future work should be our main focus.. I'm really leaning towards getting this done but still extremely skeptical..

Yeah, I think so too. There are a couple more photos on his research page. I think Mark has incredible guts to post his early work. Hes not afraid to show people where hes been and where he is now. yeah, he is obviously forging ahead in our best interests. Wish he could make it grow hair....LOL.
  • 06-30-2010 07:21 PM
    Bubb729
    Yea, don't we all wish it would grow, just for options purposes, create different hairstyles including the buzz. Bit its better than having nothing, in my opinion.. creates an appearance of a hairline with a short buzz like haircut thats visually undetectable. for me that would work great considering I'm spanish/and black, so its been a preferable choice of cut through most of my life if not all
  • 07-10-2010 10:42 AM
    deanvh
    Oyemello
    I also live in California (L.A.) and have been thinking about making the trip to A.C. in Florida. I need help camoflauging my HT scars and thought this would be a great solution so I can get rid of the hairpiece and shave my head. Are you going to do it?
  • 07-10-2010 10:49 AM
    deanvh
    Micropigmentation
    Does anyone know if there is a place in Southern Cal. like A.C. They seem to really make it their pride to work on bald men. The places in L.A. claim to do it but it seems like they focus on female cosmetic micropigmentation like eyebrows and eyeliner and aereolas.
  • 07-11-2010 01:15 PM
    Bubb729
    yes dean i think i am, seems like da best solution for me.. no scars, affordable, clean look.. it just feels like da right thing for me
  • 07-13-2010 09:53 PM
    deanvh
    hey bubb
    Do you also have alot of ht scars on the back and sides of your head?
  • 07-13-2010 11:09 PM
    Bubb729
    no, never had an an ht done..I'm not in any rush to do it, hex it may take months if not a year or 2 b4 I even take a step towards making arrangements.. i gotta be sure that its efficient and AC's work is dependable
  • 09-27-2010 04:56 PM
    Jack21
    I am a HT victim. Bad strip scar and very little coverage on top. I have been in contact with AC. Have been e-mailing back and forth for about a week. The procedure for HT disasters is between $6500-$8500. I told her that I would need a lot of time to do more research and get back to them. I live reasonably close so I've considered actually driving down there and checking out the head of someone who's actually had it done. I won't shell out that kind of money and take that kind of risk before I actually see someone who's had it done. No way.

Quote:

Originally Posted by deanvh View Post
    Do you also have alot of ht scars on the back and sides of your head?

• 09-28-2010 08:25 AM
    Delphi
    That is highway robbery! The most intricate tattoos in the world cost a mere fraction of that price. I can’t believe Artistry Concepts has the audacity to charge those prices for a head tattoo that will look like crap in a few years!!!! This is outrageous!
  • 09-28-2010 09:23 AM
    Jack21
    The most expensive tattoo I ever got cost close to $1,000 and its most of my back (color). The deposit that they want is more than that. It is crazy.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Delphi View Post
    That is highway robbery! The most intricate tattoos in the world cost a mere fraction of that price. I can’t believe Artistry Concepts has the audacity to charge those prices for a head tattoo that will look like crap in a few years!!!! This is outrageous!

• 09-28-2010 11:34 AM
    Jack21
    I do have to qualify that. The "procedure" is a lot less expensive if you do not have surgical scars. ca. $2000-$3000 and less if you have more hair of course. They know how desperate men will pay ANYTHING to have their hair back or the appearance thereof. Preying on the desperate is a brilliant tactic if you have absolutely no moral compass, no sense of right or wrong, no heart at all. Preying on the desperate is despicable especially on those who will never come out in public and make accusations for fear of horrible embarassment.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Delphi View Post

• 09-28-2010 06:38 PM
    dgman21
    I have been shedding the last couple months awhole lot. I don't get it. How long do normal sheds last and can the hair that you lose real quick grow back? How could a couple months be so noticeable? Anybody with the same issue?
  • 09-30-2010 09:29 AM
    Jack21
    sudden hair loss
    I was injured pretty badly in 08. My hair had been not thick but thick enough to look fine with a bit of toppik until then. After the injury I started to shed like crazy. I lost as much hair in about a month as I had over the past 10 years in one fell swoop. It was shocking.

This is pre-injury (but with toppik)

http://i119.photobucket.com/albums/o...lk/athens6.jpg

This is post injury

http://i119.photobucket.com/albums/o...Picture055.jpg

Obviously my hair is shaved in the after picture, but it is buzzed b/c grown out it was not thick enough anymore to support the toppik fibers. They just cascaded down my face.

Quote:

Originally Posted by dgman21 View Post
    I have been shedding the last couple months awhole lot. I don't get it. How long do normal sheds last and can the hair that you lose real quick grow back? How could a couple months be so noticeable? Anybody with the same issue?

• 12-01-2010 12:53 PM
    Jack21
    further qualification
    I have to further qualify what I wrote earlier. The price I listed was purely speculative. It seems to me now after poring over the sight for a very long time (I have obviously been thinking about this for a couple of months) that the price is assessed on a case by case basis. The only way to know how much it costs is to send in detailed photographs of your head from all angles and to include photos of scars if there are any. The scars obviously have a lot to do with price determination b/c the artist has to do his work on scar tissue which is not always very friendly to the needle and makes things a whole lot more difficult. Having spent almost 2 months looking over the sights of the places that offer this or a similar type of service and staring and staring at the photos they have posted I am convinced that AC really knows what they are doing. The video from Slovakian TV really impresses me.

I've changed my view on AC as far as the money goes. I really don't think that they're predators like the big hair piece clubs or certain unscrupulous surgeons . As I've mentioned many times before my surgeon was a very moral guy when it came to the whole HT. I mean he did almost everything to just try and get rid of me because he suspected that my expectations were not realistic. I get the exact same vibe from AC. I mean their site tells you that if you have had a HT NOT TO EXPECT the same results that you would get had you not had the procedure. Those are not the words of a predatory "we just want your money" type of operation.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jack21 View Post
    I do have to qualify that. The "procedure" is a lot less expensive if you do not have surgical scars. ca. $2000-$3000 and less if you have more hair of course. They know how desperate men will pay ANYTHING to have their hair back or the appearance thereof. Preying on the desperate is a brilliant tactic if you have absolutely no moral compass, no sense of right or wrong, no heart at all. Preying on the desperate is despicable especially on those who will never come out in public and make accusations for fear of horrible embarassment.

• 12-01-2010 01:05 PM
    Jack21
    qualification
    I was completely off about price. It is entirely case to case.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jack21 View Post
    I am a HT victim. Bad strip scar and very little coverage on top. I have been in contact with AC. Have been e-mailing back and forth for about a week. The procedure for HT disasters is between $6500-$8500. I told her that I would need a lot of time to do more research and get back to them. I live reasonably close so I've considered actually driving down there and checking out the head of someone who's actually had it done. I won't shell out that kind of money and take that kind of risk before I actually see someone who's had it done. No way.

• 12-02-2010 02:32 AM
    Gubter_87
    It seems his hair clinic has now also opened in the US.
  • 12-02-2010 02:39 AM
    Gubter_87
    By the way jack21; I think your hair looks very good in the post shed picture above. The short hair style suits you and you still have a nice hairline that frames the face.
    If you say that you are not able to grow it out then I believe you. But you should not feel bad about your appearance. If there is a bad strip scar in the back why don't you try scalp pigmentation (however I would never try permanent tattooing over it in case you are not happy or it looks weird down the line).

Also is another HT out of the question?

I am still thinking about getting a HT, I know that since I am balding in a NW6 pattern I would not get super density, but maybe it would still be enough. And at the end of the day if the worst case scenario would happen and I have depleted my donor and can't have another HT then I would probably get the scalp pigmentation over the scar and fill out my scalp as well.
    I reckon that if the pigment is just used to add density where there is already hair - that it looks really good!

End of the day - choice is yours. But from that picture I think your hair alreday looks really good - but I understand if the scar in the back is bothering you.
  • 12-02-2010 09:32 AM
    Jack21
    best option
    If I had it to do over again - as I have said a million times before - I would NEVER have gotten a HT. Another procedure would be absolutely out of the question. I've even been advised by a physician that although there are surgical means of disguising a strip scar, "medical tattooing" would be my best option. I always advise against HT. It has really made my life miserable. It was my decision, however. I blame no one but myself, but I wish every single day of my life that I could go back and undo what I did.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gubter_87 View Post
    By the way jack21; I think your hair looks very good in the post shed picture above. The short hair style suits you and you still have a nice hairline that frames the face.
    If you say that you are not able to grow it out then I believe you. But you should not feel bad about your appearance. If there is a bad strip scar in the back why don't you try scalp pigmentation (however I would never try permanent tattooing over it in case you are not happy or it looks weird down the line).

I am still thinking about getting a HT, I know that since I am balding in a NW6 pattern I would not get super density, but maybe it would still be enough. And at the end of the day if the worst case scenario would happen and I have depleted my donor and can't have another HT then I would probably get the scalp pigmentation over the scar and fill out my scalp as well.
    I reckon that if the pigment is just used to add density where there is already hair - that it looks really good!

End of the day - choice is yours. But from that picture I think your hair alreday looks really good - but I understand if the scar in the back is bothering you.

• 12-02-2010 09:35 AM
    Jack21
    Also, Gubter, I'm not sure but i think that in the after picture I have a bit of thickening spray in my hair. Its either that or the angle that makes my hair appear thicker than it is.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gubter_87 View Post

» IAHRS

hair transplant surgeons

» The Bald Truth