help

Printable View

• 10-27-2010 07:24 PM
    Mr. 4000
    help
    I am over a year and 2 months

the results haven't been very good

Among the many things that went wrong was the scar and donor area is very tight. I was told by my doc that is should be gone by 4 months and at the very latest 6 months.

It hasn't gone away (tightness) I feel it everyday. My scalp feels very tight.

What is causing this and what can / should I do?

Another thing I want to know, does a HT cause wrinkles on the forehead to become more defined? I have a noticed huge lines that were never apparent before, I notice in most pictures the same thing on others that have had surgery.
  • 10-29-2010 06:32 AM
    Spex
    Hi Mr4000, sorry to hear of your unfortunate situ, i have seen you post previously regarding your situ. I wish i could give you better insight however i am not a doc but generally scars can take a while to truly settle and nerve endings to all reconnect so to speak. I presume by your name you had a 4000 graft session; if so thats a large session so a large amount of scalp will have been removed, therefore this could take a while to truly settle back down.

Re the wrinkles - this is not a common complaint. Possibly its come about from frowning whilst scrutinising the hairline over and over and over again. I know this increased my frown lines... theres always botox!:cool:

If u feel i can help in anyway please do not hesitate to contact me.

Kind regards
    spex
  • 10-29-2010 06:44 AM
    mattj
    An additional idea regarding the wrinkles: did you start using Rogaine post-op? I have heard that Rogaine can cause forehead wrinkles.
  • 10-29-2010 02:51 PM
    Mr. 4000
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Spex View Post
    Hi Mr4000, sorry to hear of your unfortunate situ, i have seen you post previously regarding your situ. I wish i could give you better insight however i am not a doc but generally scars can take a while to truly settle and nerve endings to all reconnect so to speak. I presume by your name you had a 4000 graft session; if so thats a large session so a large amount of scalp will have been removed, therefore this could take a while to truly settle back down.

Re the wrinkles - this is not a common complaint. Possibly its come about from frowning whilst scrutinising the hairline over and over and over again. I know this increased my frown lines... theres always botox!:cool:

If u feel i can help in anyway please do not hesitate to contact me.

Kind regards
    spex

Hey Spex

Thanks for the reply, could you give me contact info, I wouldn't mind talking or typing

THanks
  • 10-30-2010 06:17 AM
    Spex
  • 01-06-2011 10:45 AM
    HonestApe
    mr.4000, have you tried using any topical oils? Not they gimmicky "grow more hair oils" but organic tee tree oil, Castor, Vitamin-E ..etc oils, for general scalp health. They could possibly moisture and relax the scalp and it should be safe on the grafts and the scar.
    Cheers.
  • 01-06-2011 07:35 PM
    Jotronic
    Never heard of a hair transplant causing wrinkles. To get rid of the tightness maybe you could try scalp exercises to help loosen things up. It's worth a shot.
  • 01-06-2011 07:37 PM
    Mr. 4000
    Quote:

Originally Posted by HonestApe View Post
    mr.4000, have you tried using any topical oils? Not they gimmicky "grow more hair oils" but organic tee tree oil, Castor, Vitamin-E ..etc oils, for general scalp health. They could possibly moisture and relax the scalp and it should be safe on the grafts and the scar.
    Cheers.

I have tried many things, I do have some tea tree oil, I will give it a shot.

Thanks
  • 01-06-2011 07:41 PM
    Mr. 4000
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Jotronic View Post
    Never heard of a hair transplant causing wrinkles. To get rid of the tightness maybe you could try scalp exercises to help loosen things up. It's worth a shot.

I have seen your vid on those and did them going into surgery. I can't pinch an ounce of scalp, only in the morning. Once I get going and water weight during the day kicks in, I feel like shit.

When are you guys going to start FUE, I need a fix, and probably won't be able to do strip. I was almost book with you but you had no openings and went somewhere else. Biggest mistake I made in a long time.

Who do you recommend otherwise, I was going to book with Wong

Thanks
  • 01-06-2011 07:46 PM
    Jotronic
    Mr. 4000,

Drop me a line at joe@hassonandwong.com.

» IAHRS

hair transplant surgeons

» The Bald Truth

» Recent Threads

How can I promote my own business?
08-31-2022 01:29 PM
Last Post By samibaceri
Today 01:30 AM
Dr Woods doinf European tour?
09-15-2012 03:44 AM
by didi
Last Post By kathysmith