• 07-20-2012 12:49 PM
    Delphi
    Thanks Spex for sharing this. If you have read the other SMP threads on the forum, I have voiced my opinion many times that I think it's very bad idea. However since this seems to be temporary, I think it’s ok for some people, but in general a permanent scalp tattoo seems very silly and dangerous to me. I agree with Topcat that is just looks like stubble under your hair, but it DOES look very real so this is a big plus. I’d be curious to see what their work looks like on a very bald guy. The stuff that I see from the other clinics looks very fake to me and I kind of feel sorry for the people who rushed to have the permanent stuff done. At least with this if they hate it it will fade.

I’m glad that Spencer Kobren decided to take a closer look at this, I and very curious to hear his opinion since it holds so much weight. From what I gather from his show he does not recommend SMP but he seems neutral and open about it also.
  • 07-20-2012 01:09 PM
    Spex
  • 07-20-2012 04:08 PM
    Kiwi
    You soooo have to show us a #1 or #2...
  • 07-20-2012 04:34 PM
    northeastguy
    I would love to see how well she can blend a scar at a #1 cut.....That would be the ultimate test in my opinion. Many of us would just like to trim down to that style but can't due to the obvious issue. Personally I think a combo of FUE and this treatment (done right) could almost eliminate the visual look of the scar.
    With your hair longer, it definately adds a more perminent concealer effect. Because it looks so much like stubble ( I'm quite impressed at how small the dots are...almost the same size a a large folicle) I would think it would literally blend in with existing hairs at a #1 cut. A cut any longer and it might look off due to the 2D effect it would show next to hair.

spex, any information on cost? I'm assuming it should be less expensive compaired to the perminent options offered at HIS, GLI, AS, and similar outfits? Looking forward to seeing that short Hair cut!
  • 07-20-2012 07:12 PM
    Kiwi
    Quote:

Originally Posted by northeastguy View Post
    I would love to see how well she can blend a scar at a #1 cut.....That would be the ultimate test in my opinion. Many of us would just like to trim down to that style but can't due to the obvious issue. Personally I think a combo of FUE and this treatment (done right) could almost eliminate the visual look of the scar.
    With your hair longer, it definately adds a more perminent concealer effect. Because it looks so much like stubble ( I'm quite impressed at how small the dots are...almost the same size a a large folicle) I would think it would literally blend in with existing hairs at a #1 cut. A cut any longer and it might look off due to the 2D effect it would show next to hair.

spex, any information on cost? I'm assuming it should be less expensive compaired to the perminent options offered at HIS, GLI, AS, and similar outfits? Looking forward to seeing that short Hair cut!

Yeah I'd like to know about cost too :)

How many hours did it take?
  • 07-21-2012 01:15 AM
    Spex
    Hi guys,

The costs range form 600 - 2000 euros for the complete finished product. This can take 2-3 sessions / sittings depending on the amount of work required.

I hear you all that want me to shave it all off, however you must appreciate i have to go about my everyday life/work. Can any of you simply go grade 1 at request... I mean this with all due respect as trust me i ALSO want to see how low i can go and what it looks like i really do and right now looking at it i think i might be able to go pretty low!

As mentioned i will cut it short but i need a couple of weeks as i will do it as low as i feel comfortable on prior to going on holiday. Trust me i want to go low - this is why i did this SMP. I did it for me, not for anyone else as i want to go low.

Give me a couple of weeks and i will do my best to show you how LOW i can Go!! :cool:
  • 07-21-2012 11:29 AM
    mattj
    It's remarkable how much the dots look like stubble. Each one seems unique. In fact it's wrong to even call them dots as they look like they have length to them.

Go loooow for us, Spex. :D
  • 07-21-2012 02:14 PM
    topcat
    It does look better at a normal distance.
  • 07-21-2012 04:23 PM
    DAVE52
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Spex View Post
    . Trust me i want to go low - this is why i did this SMP. I did it for me, not for anyone else as i want to go low.

Give me a couple of weeks and i will do my best to show you how LOW i can Go!! :cool:

So, you 've had , what 6 + HT's ( ? ) and you now want to cut your hair short

Care to share why ?
  • 07-22-2012 10:47 AM
    Spex
    Only the sides /back (donor area). Where i have scaring. I like anyone with a HT wants to be able to have the option of taking their donor area as low as possible. Hope this explains.

» IAHRS

hair transplant surgeons

» The Bald Truth

» Recent Threads

Sun Exposure after Hair Transplant
02-26-2009 02:36 PM
Last Post By SarahCarter
Yesterday 04:24 PM
Scar Grafting with Dr Cole
06-21-2012 02:00 PM
Last Post By northeastguy
Yesterday 10:14 AM