• 08-30-2013 02:00 PM
    Artista
    NORWOOD 6 members who have had HT surgery
    My hair loss friends,
    I have started this thread to create attention to what HT surgery MAY do for NW6 sufferers and us all. Joe from Staten claims that a NW 6 can NEVER get feasible coverage from a HT(s)
    I personally know someone who WAS a NW6, had HTs adding up to over 8,000 grafts (Hasson and Wong) and NO LONGER SUFFERS!
    He is VERY HAPPY with his scalp to this day and it has been approx 6 years ago that he had his last session.
    Any of you members that had lost a significant amount of hair and have had HT surgery..could you PLEASE comment here on the outcomes and possibly add photos too?
    I am certain that there are many people who have had a successful HT or HTs and then moved on with their lives never returning back to here..but there must be a % of members who would still come here to share and to help others that are suffering.
    I would really appreciate all of your comments now..it would really help those that have no faith in having HT surgery. THANK YOU :)
  • 08-30-2013 04:00 PM
    fred970
    I'm a NW5 going on 6 apparently after examination by Dr. Bisanga in Brussels and I'm gonna take the plunge in six months.

My first FUE is scheduled in february 2014 with Dr. De Reys. My case is special apparently as Bisanga said he didn't encounter people as worse off at my age (23) everyday.

I would also like to hear other success story of people recovering from the horror of true baldness (at a young age) through surgery. I'm sick of those "success stories" when you see people going from NW2 to NW1. Hair transplants should be for bald people, not 45 years old NW2's willing to risk their sexual health.
  • 08-30-2013 04:10 PM
    Artista
    Hi Fred Thank you so much for starting off the comments With your Personal experience and upcoming Surgery!! I'm sure you're going to do okay My friend
  • 09-01-2013 07:37 AM
    Artista
    Members,,please add to this thread , especially those that WERE NW6s -thank you
  • 09-01-2013 11:48 AM
    baldee
    fred970, that's what Bisanga told me as well. I too was 23 at the time. I'm still a norwood 6. :(
  • 09-01-2013 01:11 PM
    newstart
    I was a NW6, I had my session with Dr. Wong on June 6th 2013. 4500 Grafts.
    I'm just shy of 3 months & so far so Good.
  • 09-01-2013 01:16 PM
    UK_
    Quote:

Originally Posted by newstart View Post
    I was a NW6, I had my session with Dr. Wong on June 6th 2013. 4500 Grafts.
    I'm just shy of 3 months & so far so Good.

Man I cant wait for the day we hear more posts like this:

"I was a NW6"... "I used to be a NW4"....

I really hope to God we get a better treatment in the next 2 years.
  • 09-03-2013 10:46 AM
    35YrsAfter
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Artista View Post
    My hair loss friends,
    I have started this thread to create attention to what HT surgery MAY do for NW6 sufferers and us all. Joe from Staten claims that a NW 6 can NEVER get feasible coverage from a HT(s)

Even the best hair transplant result on a Norwood 6 won't be sporting hair parted down the middle. I remember a while back "Bobman" posted his result which is spectacular in my opinion, but refused a poster's request to provide a straight-on photo of the top of his head in the sunlight.

There is simply not enough scalp donor hair available to restore a Norwood 6 to a teen or pre-teen state. The best results on a Norwood 6 are the result of great donor characteristics, a top doctor of course and careful styling. Most Norwood sixes are OK with an illusion of coverage. When you are young expectations are much higher.

I would personally be happy with a clean donor and the hint of a natural looking high hairline. I would wear my hair very short if I could. ReCell spray-on skin shows promise for scarred donor areas but it's not available yet in the US. Things are moving in a positive direction, but far too slow for most of us.
  • 09-03-2013 11:51 AM
    Jotronic
    Bobman did not "refuse" anything, at least not in the context that he was hiding something. Bobman has posted more photos of his head than most other online patients and by the time he posted the photos in the thread you reference he was pretty much done with the photo taking routine. He's given back to the community a hundred fold and wasn't going to be called out by a newbie. He paid his dues already.

And why is a part down the middle required? Who wears this style nowadays anyway? It is 2013, not 1978, and middle parts look silly on anyone without long hair. I find this point to be useless as even Bobman answered his critic by happily saying that his result was not full density and it was never intended to be. This is a numbers game and the numbers do not add up for full density.

Btw, here is a video of Bobman getting unrehearsed reactions to his hair transplant and the final reaction is outdoors and you can see that it is not full density. The point of having a hair transplant as a NW6 is to get back as much as possible so you can have options and if one of those options is the ILLUSION of a full head of hair in some circumstances then so be it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=43Pv...34A9A99D96A284
  • 09-03-2013 11:57 AM
    Jotronic
    Oh yeah, forgot to mention. My name is Joe and I too was a NW6 (6.5 almost 7).

Check it... www.hairtransplantmentor.com

» IAHRS

hair transplant surgeons

» The Bald Truth

» Recent Threads

1800 graft repair case results by Dr. Lindsey
Yesterday 08:38 AM
Last Post By Dr. Lindsey
Yesterday 08:38 AM
Navigating the German Job Market as a Kenyan Citizen
11-04-2023 06:31 AM
Last Post By Keegan212