Replicel

Printable View

• 05-07-2011 08:28 AM
    depressed17
    Replicel
    This stuff sounds amazing. Sorry if it's been posted already but its definitely worth being posted again ! The human trails have already began December last year.
    http://www.replicel.com/our-science/...science-works/
  • 05-08-2011 02:03 AM
    UK Boy
    Replicel was Trichoscience so it has been talked about but it's still good stuff
  • 05-09-2011 05:50 PM
    UK_
    I was going to post this yesterday also:

http://www.replicel.com/

Looks pretty good.
  • 05-12-2011 08:09 AM
    UK_
    Quote:

RepliCel’s pre-clinical studies have demonstrated that cultured dermal sheath cup cells are capable of directly reconstituting the dermal papilla (DP) and promoting the development of mature hair follicles. During these studies, dermal sheath cup cells migrated into pre-existing hair papilla and also formed completely new hair follicles
    Interesting, as opposed to Intercytex that went head-on into replicating DP cells, it seems Replicel are trying a far different strategy by building the follicle from the ground up by multiplying and injecting dermal sheath cup (DSC) cells, and it has shown to be effective in mouse model, i'd love to hear Spencer have an interview with a representative of Replicel after the completion of Phase I/II or even before!
  • 05-13-2011 09:09 PM
    petewete
    This looks awesome! Does anybody know when/if the results of the Phase 1 trials will be released. Also, this looks like a European company, do things move faster there?
  • 05-14-2011 12:27 AM
    Mojo Risin
    It's a Canadian company, they're in Vancouver.
  • 05-17-2011 08:34 AM
    KeepHoping
    Do you guys think this is the real deal? Their staff has fantastic credentials and their website is nicely presented.
  • 05-17-2011 01:28 PM
    UK_
    Quote:

Originally Posted by KeepHoping View Post
    Do you guys think this is the real deal? Their staff has fantastic credentials and their website is nicely presented.

I believe companies like this are totally legit, they are registered companies, have credible researchers, investors, FDA trials etc - its companies like Bioregenerative Sciences and the producers of CyGenX that really piss me off.
  • 05-17-2011 01:57 PM
    Flowers
    This does seem very exciting have they given a timetable on anything yet?
  • 05-17-2011 02:03 PM
    Latitude
  • 05-17-2011 02:21 PM
    UK_
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Latitude View Post

"RepliCel’s hair-cell replacement procedure is now undergoing further rigorous study to determine effectiveness. The first human clinical trials (Phase I/IIa) began in Europe in December 2010. Canadian clinical trials are planned for 2012, with further European trials to follow."

So phase II starts in January im guessing - still - this one seems a long way off.

I wonder if they can scrape under Aderans' timeline and beat them to market before 2014, the first company to get to market with something like this will blow the industry away.
  • 05-17-2011 03:51 PM
    Flowers
    They said final data analysis is Q3 2011. So thats a little over 2 years from now. We'll see....
  • 05-17-2011 04:02 PM
    CVAZBAR
    This is also promising. Wouldn't it be great if we knew that this worked perfectly with fantastic results. Even if it was 3-4 years away, I would be much relaxed. I would be very happy waiting for this to come out.
  • 05-17-2011 04:12 PM
    CAlex
    this definitely looks to be a long ways away before it hits market. neither this or histogen have even begun trials, doesnt this mean that the earliest these treatments could get released is like 2017 ? I am always confused by people saying crazy 2 years release dates because dont trials take many years?
  • 05-17-2011 05:02 PM
    wilymon
    wow, this is great! but I wonder how much it'll cost... :confused:
  • 05-17-2011 05:33 PM
    Flowers
    Quote:

Originally Posted by CAlex View Post
    this definitely looks to be a long ways away before it hits market. neither this or histogen have even begun trials, doesnt this mean that the earliest these treatments could get released is like 2017 ? I am always confused by people saying crazy 2 years release dates because dont trials take many years?

Did you read my post? They said final data analysis will be Q3 2013
  • 05-17-2011 06:36 PM
    Latitude
    The most promising component is we will have preliminary data in early 2012. We’ll know if they are onto something good at that point!
  • 05-17-2011 06:40 PM
    Latitude
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Flowers View Post
    Did you read my post? They said final data analysis will be Q3 2013

I read your post, it says Q3 2011! Typo :p
  • 05-17-2011 07:19 PM
    UK_
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Latitude View Post
    I read your post, it says Q3 2011! Typo :p

Actually it is Q3 2013 -

Phase II begins in January 2012 - they wont wait out the full 27 months of Phase I before beginning Phase II - they have stated that Phase II trials shall start in January next year in Canada, during that period follow-ups for Phase I shall continue on into 2013.
  • 05-17-2011 07:40 PM
    Latitude
    Quote:

Originally Posted by UK_ View Post
    Actually it is Q3 2013 -

Phase II begins in January 2012 - they wont wait out the full 27 months of Phase I before beginning Phase II - they have stated that Phase II trials shall start in January next year in Canada, during that period follow-ups for Phase I shall continue on into 2013.

His original post said 2011, like I said typo, anyhow nevermind.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Flowers
    They said final data analysis is Q3 2011. So thats a little over 2 years from now. We'll see.... .

• 05-17-2011 08:04 PM
    Flowers
    Yeah sorry about that typo, guys. I was thinking of another company's results time claim (TRX2) lol
  • 05-17-2011 08:07 PM
    UK_
    Are we all clear that Flowers made a typo?:D
  • 05-17-2011 10:14 PM
    CVAZBAR
    Let's say everything goes as planned and they get excellent results. How long after would this be available? I mean wouldn't they extend trials with more subjects? It's only 20 heads right?
  • 05-17-2011 11:59 PM
    CAlex
    flowers, you dont foresee them having any setbacks at all? They havent even entered phase 1 and you guys think they will have all data by end of 2013? I serious dont see that happening.

I want this as much as the next guy but we keep biting on all these very optimistic time lines and then get disappointed and angry a year later when they are way behind.

earliest I see follica histogen or this hitting market is 2016 but everyone is entitled to their opinion
  • 05-18-2011 01:28 AM
    RichardDawkins
    Depends on how earlythey did actually start their stuff, they are not forced to tell us exactly when they started, and right now i wont blieve any of those companies with their timelines.

Gut feeling tells me they are aiming for a faster market entrance to grab more money, even thy know there is competition right now. I mean ARI was very slow and calm when it came to news but when Histogen entered the spot and also others, they woke up from their lethargic thing and started to go full frontal.

Its good to have different solutions but i think in the end the patient will be irritated because he wont know which thing suits him best, its to much and to many.
  • 05-18-2011 04:48 AM
    UK Boy
    6 months in
    CAlex why are you just ignoring the facts? I know we don't know for sure that they'll def keep to the timeline but you've said twice that they haven't even started trials yet which is completely false! They started trials in Dec 10 which means they're about 6 months in.
  • 05-18-2011 05:44 AM
    UK_
    Quote:

Originally Posted by UK Boy View Post
    CAlex why are you just ignoring the facts? I know we don't know for sure that they'll def keep to the timeline but you've said twice that they haven't even started trials yet which is completely false! They started trials in Dec 10 which means they're about 6 months in.

CAlex is right - starting trials means literally beginning the process, all they have done thus far is take biopsies and skin graphs from the 20 patients, this is a pre-trial period, Phase I hasnt even really begun yet.

By the looks of things, I seriously doubt these guys will beat Aderans to market by 2014 if everything for them goes to plan, we havn't heard anything from Aderans in a while, only that they've been discussing their findings across the globe, which is classic "we need investment" behaviour. That said I would never rule out Aderans, they have shown 70%+ increase during Phase II already of their most powerful compound, that is exciting news to share with the world for sure.

Histogen begin recruitment for Phase I/II in a few weeks, granted they have been held back by the devastating tsunami in Japan, but we will know if they have an effective safe procedure by the end of this year, I highly doubt there will be any further safety issues if they can get through this upcoming trial without any hindrance.

Stay positive - in no time like the present have we had the fortune to experience so many potential treatments in the pipeline, and who knows even, an unknown company working away in the shadows out there may crop up with the answer before all of the companies we currently have our eyes on.
  • 05-18-2011 07:41 AM
    depressed17
    I find it weird how all these companies claim that they're going to release their product roughly at the end 2013/early 2014 just when propecia patent runs out. Very strange indeed.
  • 05-18-2011 02:19 PM
    CVAZBAR
    UK is right. We have a reason to be grateful knowing different companies are working on something.
    The Big 4

ARI
    Replicel
    Follica
    Histogen

Somehow I feel Follica will surprise everyone and come out before anyone since they keep their shit low pro. They always seem to be discovering new shit.
  • 05-18-2011 02:30 PM
    Flowers
    And what it is they're looking for is, just to clarify, hair multiplication correct? Unlimited donor hair? If so that's amazing however you do have to have hair loss bad enough to need a HT to get this done right?
  • 05-18-2011 03:12 PM
    UK_
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Flowers View Post
    And what it is they're looking for is, just to clarify, hair multiplication correct? Unlimited donor hair? If so that's amazing however you do have to have hair loss bad enough to need a HT to get this done right?

Yes HM - and even if you are starting off thinning, the cells they inject will create entirely new follicles or migrate to "damaged" follicles and rebuild the follicle.

Sounds cool huh?:cool:
  • 05-18-2011 10:15 PM
    Flowers
    Quote:

Yes HM - and even if you are starting off thinning, the cells they inject will create entirely new follicles or migrate to "damaged" follicles and rebuild the follicle.

Sounds cool huh?:cool:

****in right it does
  • 05-19-2011 08:22 AM
    KeepHoping
    Once recruitment is closed and you've taken a biopsy and taken the punches from the back of the head the trail has absolutely started, I don't know where you got that idea from... Also they have an update on their website that they've actually cultured and reinjected the cells already so now it's really underway. Cross your fingers.
  • 05-19-2011 09:46 AM
    BoSox
    Science wins (:

You think this will be ready by 2015? Or are we "decades or many years away from HM?" Like most experts think :(
  • 05-19-2011 05:51 PM
    KeepHoping
    depends on the results of this first trail, because the material needed to be reinjected is derived from the human body it will not have to undergo super strict FDA passage like other products (i.e. Histogen, although they went to Asia where trails move faster). If it works as they anticipate then we have a winner and it could get here before 2015 I believe.
  • 05-19-2011 06:48 PM
    BoSox
    Better start saving. Can only imagine how expensive this is going to be.
  • 05-20-2011 04:10 AM
    UK_
    Quote:

Originally Posted by BoSox View Post
    Better start saving. Can only imagine how expensive this is going to be.

Probably double the cost of 3000 grafts from a decent clinic.
  • 07-06-2011 10:17 PM
    CVAZBAR
    So where is the Replicel interview? Spencer said they had interesting info. When will we hear from them?
  • 07-07-2011 05:56 AM
    UK_
    Quote:

Originally Posted by CVAZBAR View Post
    So where is the Replicel interview? Spencer said they had interesting info. When will we hear from them?

Spencer has an interview with Replicel? I didnt know that.

Should be well interesting, they finish phase I in six months.
  • 07-07-2011 01:41 PM
    CVAZBAR
    Quote:

Spencer has an interview with Replicel? I didnt know that.

Should be well interesting, they finish phase I in six months.

What's up UK, yeah I'm sure he does or he is in the process of doing it. He talked about it in his show and said they had "interesting" info. Joe from Staten island even made a comment in which he said that Replicel might be ahead of everyone. I know we always here shit like this, so it really depends on efficacy. We just need to hope everything goes as planned. Nonetheless, it would definitely be interesting to hear from them.

» IAHRS

hair transplant surgeons

» The Bald Truth

» Recent Threads

"Trans-friendly hair transplant surgeons recommended?"
02-09-2024 08:47 PM
Last Post By SonopaalFounik
Yesterday 10:32 PM
New hair care regime based on gene / anti-ageing science
02-22-2022 10:45 AM
Last Post By MolinaKim2091
Yesterday 07:28 AM