• 11-12-2010 08:55 PM
    kramer
    Sometimes I notice a hair with a ball at the end of it. Transplanted hair falling out
    I've had a few procedures, last one about 3 or 4 years ago. Over this time, I occasionally have noticed that when I'm washing my hair, if I look at the soap suds in my hands, there sometimes is a hair in the suds with a ball at the end of it. My first thought is, the transplanted hair and follicle is falling out. Is this even possible given that I know for certain that the hair was been growing?

I've also noticed that if I rub my head lightly when I'm not in the shower and my head isn't wet, I can feel little bumps that rub off and sometimes, there is a hair attached to the to ball, just like what I see in the shower. It looks to me like the entire follicle has dried up and just fell out of my scalp.

What am I seeing here? This has been driving me crazy for about 4 years now.

Kramer
  • 11-18-2010 07:55 AM
    CIT_Girl
    It sounds like you might have seborrhea, or excess sebum causing build-up. If this is the case an anti-fungal shampoo, such as Nizoral, should be able to help. This will hopefully help stop some of the hair loss you are experiencing as well.
  • 11-18-2010 09:50 PM
    kramer
    Quote:

Originally Posted by CIT_Girl View Post
    It sounds like you might have seborrhea, or excess sebum causing build-up. If this is the case an anti-fungal shampoo, such as Nizoral, should be able to help. This will hopefully help stop some of the hair loss you are experiencing as well.

Thanks, I'll check out the anti-fungal shampoos, hopefully they'll work. :)
  • 11-19-2010 09:32 AM
    gillenator
    At least be rest assured that the little balls you are seeing are not hair follicles but probably the hair root.
  • 12-01-2010 07:33 PM
    kramer
    Quote:

Originally Posted by gillenator View Post
    At least be rest assured that the little balls you are seeing are not hair follicles but probably the hair root.

Well, I think the balls are bigger than a hair root. And I just got another one with two hairs in it a few minutes ago. This is driving me nuts. I wish I knew where I can send or being a few of these to have them inspected under a scope to see what they are and what's going on.
  • 12-07-2010 04:55 PM
    gillenator
    Possibly there are several well respected HT docotrs in your area that you can show these samples to.

» IAHRS

hair transplant surgeons

» The Bald Truth

» Recent Threads

purchase requisition in business central
12-19-2023 05:38 AM
Last Post By David9232
Today 11:39 AM
Sun Exposure after Hair Transplant
02-26-2009 02:36 PM
Last Post By gisecit34
Today 10:12 AM