• 10-05-2012 05:12 AM
    thinkingaboutit
    Sleeping following a transplant
    Hello All,

I had my FUE transplant about 6 days ago. I was told to be very careful in the first 1o days, and the first few months. I was told to sleep on my back and to be very careful when I sleep. I forgot to ask how long I should be sleeping on my back. Sleeping on my back is uncomfortable for me. So the sooner I can sleep normally the better for me.

Secondly, I see some people use sweatbands to sleep with. I tried it and I did not like it. Does anyone have any advice/recommendations?

Thank you in advance.
  • 10-08-2012 09:49 AM
    Spex
    After 10 days you can sleep how you want - you will not harm the HT.

Best
    SPEX
  • 10-08-2012 02:19 PM
    vinnytr
    What if you accidentally turned around etc while you are asleep in those 10 days? Got HT in a few days too :eek:
  • 10-09-2012 02:10 AM
    thinkingaboutit
    @vinnytr, I accidently turned a bit on my 7th night. But you've just got be careful.

Worse still I bumpted my head on bathroom rail, grafted area, on 6th or 7th day as I was putting something in the bin. I was really kicking myself. I could not see any damage, but you never know. You can't control everything. So just do your best.
  • 10-09-2012 02:45 PM
    gillenator
    IMHO, after 3 days post-op, the grafts are secure enough to sleep normally. If you are a slow healer, take up to 5-7 days. ;)
  • 10-20-2012 01:35 PM
    vinnytr
    Quote:

Originally Posted by gillenator View Post
    IMHO, after 3 days post-op, the grafts are secure enough to sleep normally. If you are a slow healer, take up to 5-7 days. ;)

Exactly how you say it .
    I was sleeping anyway i want from 4th day onwards .
    10th day today and healed pretty well already :)
  • 10-29-2012 01:24 PM
    gillenator
    Glad to hear that you are progressing well! ;)
  • 11-05-2012 08:44 AM
    mattj
    Yes, the reason for needing to sleep on your back is so your grafted area doesn't make contact with the pillow and pressure/movement aren't applied to the grafts while they're still healing in place.

Grafts should be fully secure by day 7-10, but your doctor might ask you to sleep on your back for longer just to be completely safe. It's best to stick like glue to your own doctor's instructions.

» IAHRS

hair transplant surgeons

» The Bald Truth