• 03-11-2018 08:11 PM
    tomm
    2 Attachment(s)
    First Time FUE in California
    Hey Guys,
    First of all I just wanted to say thank you ahead of time. You guys are a wealth of knowledge, and I appreciate any and all advice and guidance you can share.
    I'm 23 years old, and started noticing my hairline receding when I was 20. I've been using minoxidil (usually foam) at least once a day for the past 3 years. I know, it should be 2x a day, but I just find it impossible to style with. I also started using nizoral about a year ago, and have been taking finasteride 1mg for about a year and a half. All of these efforts do seem to have helped slow down the loss, but not stopped it completely.
    Overall it is following the pattern that my dad and grandfather have had. Receding hairline, followed by some diffused thinning towards the back, which ultimately (around 50 years of age or so) the thinning area meets in the middle. Thankfully, their back and sides never thin, so I should be able to count on having healthy donor areas. I have attached a photo of the current state of my hair so you can get an idea of what I'm working with.
    I'm looking to have an FUE procedure done in a year or so to at least strengthen my frontal hairline. Again, just Strengthen it! I know getting a transplant done this young can be risky, but honestly it's detrimental to my confidence, and makes me feel old despite being so young. I'm aware that I will likely have to have multiple procedures throughout my life, but for the moment I would just like to strengthen my hairline, and maintain a decent head of hair for my 20's at least.
    TLDR:
    So I'm set on a FUE transplant in a year or so to strengthen my hairline and give back a few years of confidence. I would appreciate recommendations for a talented hair restoration Doctor in California (or nearby states) who could help strengthen my hairline. At the moment my short list includes Dr. Baubac Hayatdavoudi, The LA Hair clinic, Dr. Marc Dauer, and Dr. Sean Benham. I would love to hear your guys advice and opinions on these doctors, and other recommendations if you know of better doctors. Like I said, this would be my first FUE, and am terrified of choosing the wrong person.
    Attachment 56120Attachment 56121
  • 03-11-2018 09:27 PM
    mrclean
    I would not have it done but since you are I would see or consult with Dr. Christian Bisanga. He is one of the best in the world and he visits the U.S so you should be able to see him. At the least get a online consultation. I saw him but was not a candidate for FUE because donor hair was too thin. It looks like I have a full head of hair but if he did FUE you would be able to see through that area he harvested.
    So you may not even be a candidate for it.
    https://bhrclinic.com/team/
  • 03-12-2018 08:51 AM
    Kyle Kneeland
    Honestly all the doctors you mentioned are very talented. I think at this point it's really a matter of personal preference- each doctor has a slightly different style so it's really about picking what you like the most. Have you contacted any of them? I know Dr. Behnam will do online consultation through FaceTime etc. and I assume the others would also have a similar option for prospective patients that are out of state. Talking to them may help you decide.

But, at 23 I am not sure you would even be a candidate. Most doctors won't perform a transplant on anyone under 25 simply because their hair loss hasn't progressed far enough to know what exactly their final hair loss pattern will look like- especially since a lot of men in their late teens/early 20s get a mature hairline then stabilize until later in life. You'd have to talk to a doctor to know for sure though, and pictures from earlier would definitely help.
  • 03-13-2018 11:53 AM
    pajason
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Kyle Kneeland View Post
    Honestly all the doctors you mentioned are very talented. I think at this point it's really a matter of personal preference- each doctor has a slightly different style so it's really about picking what you like the most. Have you contacted any of them? I know Dr. Behnam will do online consultation through FaceTime etc. and I assume the others would also have a similar option for prospective patients that are out of state. Talking to them may help you decide.

But, at 23 I am not sure you would even be a candidate. Most doctors won't perform a transplant on anyone under 25 simply because their hair loss hasn't progressed far enough to know what exactly their final hair loss pattern will look like- especially since a lot of men in their late teens/early 20s get a mature hairline then stabilize until later in life. You'd have to talk to a doctor to know for sure though, and pictures from earlier would definitely help.

23 is very early, many of the top surgeons won't work on guys that young. In part because when they transplant in areas are thinning sometimes it causes a very bad shed, if this happens the transplant won't help anything because you will lose as much hair as you gained from the HT.
  • 03-14-2018 06:55 PM
    Sean
    I actually met Dr Baubac and talked to him for like an hour or so. Imo, What I can say is, when it comes to framing, yield, hairlines, quality, he nails it. I didn’t have procedures by him, but if I could turn back time, he would be on the list to start my hair surgery journey.

Right now, based on what has happened to me, i am like falling apart. I really hope you make the best decision that caters to your goals safely. I am hoping my situation is resolved asap.

Best of luck to you.

» IAHRS

hair transplant surgeons

» The Bald Truth

» Recent Threads

1800 graft repair case results by Dr. Lindsey
Yesterday 08:38 AM
Last Post By Dr. Lindsey
Yesterday 08:38 AM
Navigating the German Job Market as a Kenyan Citizen
11-04-2023 06:31 AM
Last Post By Keegan212