Daniel Negreanu

Printable View

• 11-28-2013 09:52 AM
    Follicle Death Row
    3 Attachment(s)
    Daniel Negreanu
    So it looks like kidpoker has had a transplant. Good for him. Who do you guys think D-Negs went to? Looks like Dr. Rahal to my eyes.
  • 11-29-2013 01:28 PM
    Follicle Death Row
    Possibly may have been Dr. Joseph Williams.
  • 11-30-2013 05:04 AM
    James7
    I like Daniel Negreanu, he's a nice guy with interesting/lively character, and that makes him interesting to watch.

It's a good question.

I remember he did completely shave his head at the end of last year (end of Nov 2012):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KNexOkMz_P0

And about 6/7 months later he has hair:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jQ59wiva_Bo

So I was thinking, this could be a good hair system, or a transplant, maybe he also uses concealer at times?
    As a millionaire, he's got all options open to him, of where to go to get something done.

I was thinking, as a poker pro, he could totally pull off wearing a hair system. The challenge of using their acting skills / bluffing everyone if they question it, surely that is tempting?
    (maybe 'carry off and succeed in wearing' might be better phrase than 'pull off' lol)

Also in 2010, Negreanu said that he would never ever take propecia.

Your are right that he recommended Bellande to go to Dr J Williams.
    J Bellande definately went to Dr Joseph Williams, and he has the tweets and instagrams to prove it.
    But then was Negreanu bluffing Bellande, maybe? :) lol

And why would these guys go to Dr Williams, surely not just because he is based in Vegas?
    From the docs website it looks like he is just a strip surgeon.
    I mean, are there better surgeons out there that we don't know about who arn't on the IAHRS list?
    Or could Negreanu have just picked a random hair surgeon name in Vegas to tell Bellande?
    It makes me wonder.
    How do these rich celebrities choose their hair surgeons?

In any case, I think it's great he had something done, good for him :)
  • 11-30-2013 09:39 AM
    yeahyeahyeah
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Follicle Death Row View Post
    So it looks like kidpoker has had a transplant. Good for him. Who do you guys think D-Negs went to? Looks like Dr. Rahal to my eyes.

He looks so much better.
  • 11-30-2013 10:19 AM
    Buster
    Yeah, that comb-forward that he was sporting was ridicuous looking.
  • 11-30-2013 10:40 AM
    yeahyeahyeah
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Buster View Post
    Yeah, that comb-forward that he was sporting was ridicuous looking.

He looks great to be honest.

Money well spent.
  • 12-01-2013 08:26 AM
    Follicle Death Row
    95% sure it's a 'plant and not a system. I reckon he prob got around 4000 grafts done and the pics above are not the full result. He'll probably go back for more. He's a great ambassador for the game too. Extremely smart, articulate, charismatic and honest. The latter not necessarily being something you'd associate with the gamblers of yesteryear but Negreanu has honesty and integrity in spades.

If you google him you can actually see what I believe to be the hair thickening and maturing. Good for Daniel, he looks way better.

Funny enough, his results have really improved this year along with his hair. :)
  • 12-01-2013 10:40 AM
    yeahyeahyeah
    Quote:

95% sure it's a 'plant and not a system. I reckon he prob got around 4000 grafts done and the pics above are not the full result. He'll probably go back for more. He's a great ambassador for the game too. Extremely smart, articulate, charismatic and honest. The latter not necessarily being something you'd associate with the gamblers of yesteryear but Negreanu has honesty and integrity in spades.

If you google him you can actually see what I believe to be the hair thickening and maturing. Good for Daniel, he looks way better.

Funny enough, his results have really improved this year along with his hair. :)

Money well spent to be honest.

He looks really photogenic now.
  • 12-01-2013 10:48 AM
    James7
    Quote:

He's a great ambassador for the game too. Extremely smart, articulate, charismatic and honest. The latter not necessarily being something you'd associate with the gamblers of yesteryear but Negreanu has honesty and integrity in spades.

Yeah I agree :)

Back to the hair though - there's a few topics I think this brings up that would be interesting to discuss.

He was absolutely adamant about never ever taking propecia.
    Which he stated at the end of 2010, in his blog (see paragraph 9):

http://fullcontactpoker.com/poker-jo...t_from=&ucat=&

So we can be pretty certain he never took propecia before.
    It's a fair guess his position on that was probably the same in the beginning of 2011, from his blog writings above.

The question is did he change his mind? Does he take propecia now?

He says he did experiment with Rogaine, which just caused shedding. I think it's most likely he has dropped Rogaine now.

Also another point is, if he did have a HT, what made him choose Dr Joseph Williams?

If he did go with Dr J Williams, does that mean he's had a strip HT done?

I wonder what his plans are in the event of further hair loss?

Quote:

Yes his hair does seem to be improving.
    Also I havnt checked his poker results, but I was thinking I bet his game is improving with the new found hair :) It must be a real confidence boost, even to successful people.
  • 12-02-2013 05:44 AM
    Follicle Death Row
    His results have improved because he finally won a flip or two when it counts. Also he has made some adjustments to his game by conversing with some of the younger guys while still retaining some of his old play. Bit of variance and rungood, bit of working on his game and a bit of extra confidence and belief in that what he's doing at the table is right. It's been a huge year for him.

» IAHRS

hair transplant surgeons

» The Bald Truth

» Recent Threads

1800 graft repair case results by Dr. Lindsey
Yesterday 08:38 AM
Last Post By Dr. Lindsey
Yesterday 08:38 AM
Navigating the German Job Market as a Kenyan Citizen
11-04-2023 06:31 AM
Last Post By Keegan212
Yesterday 03:51 AM