• 04-11-2013 09:19 AM
    FlightTL
    I 'was' excited about the 'scarless' technique until i realized this.
    So, after hearing Spencer's latest episode, I got really excited about scarless procedure but then, this made me realize maybe I got overexcited for nothing:

1. I'm Norwood 6 full bald with family history of Norwood 7.
    2. Even if I got 2000 grafts from scalp put in, it would barely do anything for me....especially, remember with time, these grafts will thin as well.
    3. Donor area may be 'scarless' but the moth eaten effect will still be there.
    4. My self-esteem has already been shattered by hair loss, and there is no hope of recovering that.
    5. I've lost 12 years of my youth, and it destroyed/annihilated my dating life. So, as Joe says, my youth can never be recovered.
    6. If I do not take FIN, I will lose even more hair.
    7. I'm afraid of surgury, so even if its completely safe, my paranoia stops me.

I'M JUST SO SAD THAT HAIR LOSS HAS REALLY MADE ME LIKE THIS, BASICALLY IM SUPER DEPRESSED....I THINK ABOUT HAIR LOSS ALL DAY, AND I KNOW THAT I STILL WONT BE ABLE TO DO ANYTHING ABOUT IT.

***I can't just move on and buzz my hair like some people, or those callers that call into the show and say they moved on, like that guy from DC. I JUST don't know how they do it.

Hair loss has SADDENED ME COMPLETELY.

Joe from SI, and Highlander, I'm joining your depression club. Welcome me with open arms.

:(
  • 04-11-2013 10:08 AM
    PatientlyWaiting
    It is depressing. You learn to live with the depression especially when you are like me and it started at 16. Being depressed becomes normal and you are just a quiet, sad person who may act happy/nice [until some one points out your hair loss] while trying to move on with his life. Try to fit "depression" in to your life, make room for it and embrace it as your friend. It's a natural feeling. As long you don't get suicidal, it's okay, because in the end we can't really do much about it. You can take all of these advices like work out, get a good job, etc. but it's easier said than done.
  • 04-11-2013 10:10 AM
    PatientlyWaiting
    The only thing that makes me happy is knowing i'm doing everything I can to get my hair back. Although Alopecia Areta destroyed that, I am still trying and haven't given up despite being depressed. We're all in the same boat.
  • 04-11-2013 10:19 AM
    clandestine
    There are people with Alopecia Totalis whose lives are more fullfilling than yours. Without doubt, it is by their own accord.

You are limited only by your own regard. Take that in for a minute.
  • 04-11-2013 10:24 AM
    PatientlyWaiting
    Quote:

Originally Posted by clandestine View Post
    There are people with Alopecia Totalis whose lives are more fullfilling than yours. Without doubt, it is by their own accord.

You are limited only by your own regard. Take that in for a minute.

So because there are people who are worse off than me and coped with it better, I should be happy about my situation?

That's the worst thing you can tell some one. Some one with a missing arm, tell them "Well there are people with two missing arms, so...".
  • 04-11-2013 10:29 AM
    clandestine
    Quote:

Originally Posted by PatientlyWaiting View Post
    So because there are people who are worse off than me and coped with it better, I should be happy about my situation?

That's the worst thing you can tell some one. Some one with a missing arm, tell them "Well there are people with two missing arms, so...".

I'm not necessarily telling him to equivocate his experience with someone worse off, it was an example to iterate objective importance of hair.

I'm telling him to ******ing wake up to the fact that he's creating his own misery (suffering). It's a self generated, self-perpetuated and saddening state of being.

You could take note, too, PatientlyWaiting.
  • 04-11-2013 10:32 AM
    clandestine
    Highlander; shush, you.
  • 04-11-2013 11:06 AM
    PatientlyWaiting
    Quote:

Originally Posted by clandestine View Post
    I'm not necessarily telling him to equivocate his experience with someone worse off, it was an example to iterate objective importance of hair.

I'm telling him to ******ing wake up to the fact that he's creating his own misery (suffering). It's a self generated, self-perpetuated and saddening state of being.

You could take note, too, PatientlyWaiting.

Well keep in mind you are in a hair loss forum. To log in here and tell balding men to feel better because there are even balder men than them is not very good advice.

He didn't create his own misery, none of this, we were born with this curse of MPB. We just don't know how to deal with it, and that is why this forum exists, to find help and let your feelings be known to others who can relate. If I wanted to hear your specific advice, i'd just go and talk to my mother.
  • 04-11-2013 11:14 AM
    baldozer
    Quote:

Originally Posted by FlightTL View Post
    So, after hearing Spencer's latest episode, I got really excited about scarless procedure but then, this made me realize maybe I got overexcited for nothing:

1. I'm Norwood 6 full bald with family history of Norwood 7.
    2. Even if I got 2000 grafts from scalp put in, it would barely do anything for me....especially, remember with time, these grafts will thin as well.
    3. Donor area may be 'scarless' but the moth eaten effect will still be there.
    4. My self-esteem has already been shattered by hair loss, and there is no hope of recovering that.
    5. I've lost 12 years of my youth, and it destroyed/annihilated my dating life. So, as Joe says, my youth can never be recovered.
    6. If I do not take FIN, I will lose even more hair.
    7. I'm afraid of surgury, so even if its completely safe, my paranoia stops me.

I'M JUST SO SAD THAT HAIR LOSS HAS REALLY MADE ME LIKE THIS, BASICALLY IM SUPER DEPRESSED....I THINK ABOUT HAIR LOSS ALL DAY, AND I KNOW THAT I STILL WONT BE ABLE TO DO ANYTHING ABOUT IT.

***I can't just move on and buzz my hair like some people, or those callers that call into the show and say they moved on, like that guy from DC. I JUST don't know how they do it.

Hair loss has SADDENED ME COMPLETELY.

Joe from SI, and Highlander, I'm joining your depression club. Welcome me with open arms.

:(

I was NW7 by 25, but I am not depressed at all. Be bald and proud my friend. Don't buy into what highlander says, that baldness is an inferior trait. Its not. If someone says that in front of me, I will beat the **** out of him to show who is genetically superior! If you are good looking, you are good looking with or without hair. Many women have said to me that I look very good. Hair is very overrated IMO! If you have a strong skull like me that can break a wall, then you would also look good bald!
  • 04-11-2013 12:03 PM
    aim4hair
    If you are concerned about donor supply, check out Gho's HST...

» IAHRS

hair transplant surgeons

» The Bald Truth

» Recent Threads

1800 graft repair case results by Dr. Lindsey
Yesterday 08:38 AM
Last Post By Dr. Lindsey
Yesterday 08:38 AM
Navigating the German Job Market as a Kenyan Citizen
11-04-2023 06:31 AM
Last Post By Keegan212
Yesterday 03:51 AM