• 06-22-2011 05:17 AM
    UK Boy
    Nitric Oxide Gel for Promoting Hair Growth
    There's a clinical study being done on this at the moment. Hadn't heard of this before, has it been dicussed?

http://clinicaltrials.gov/ct2/show/N...opecia&rank=27
  • 06-24-2011 03:57 AM
    Cory
    So they will end phase 2 in april 2012, if it works when it would be available, they could market it as cosmetics and release it right away.
  • 06-25-2011 04:05 AM
    UK Boy
    It would appear so as each phase is 24 weeks. That's why I don't get why no one else has commented on this thread, it's a possible new treatment that could be out before Histogen etc. yet no one seems interested. Weird.
  • 06-25-2011 12:21 PM
    Mojo Risin
    Nobody commented because it's just another treatment being used on mice. We have no pictures, we have nothing. It's probably another BS product like Astressin-B.
  • 06-25-2011 12:30 PM
    UK_
    Quote:

Originally Posted by UK Boy View Post
    There's a clinical study being done on this at the moment. Hadn't heard of this before, has it been dicussed?

http://clinicaltrials.gov/ct2/show/N...opecia&rank=27

Good find mate
  • 06-25-2011 03:16 PM
    UK Boy
    Mojo didn't you read the study details? This is about a study on humans not mice - 60 human patients and it was supposed to have started in May with primary results to come next April.

Trials on mice etc. have already been done and have shown "structural changes in the skin of mammals to increase the number of hair follicles, follicle stem cell development and regeneration as well as hair shaft elongation, and accelerated hair growth rate". I know there's no proof that the effects will be the same in humans but it's certainly encouring to know that there's another path that is being explored.
  • 06-25-2011 04:15 PM
    VictimOfDHT
    Sounds interesting. So when do the trials start ? I don't know. This is like the one millionth and one product that seems to work on mice. It looks like everything works on mice but the same, unfortunately, cannot be said about humans. Only if we were as lucky as mice.
  • 06-25-2011 04:42 PM
    UK_
    New hair follicles with Nitric Oxide?

..... okay!
  • 06-25-2011 06:46 PM
    whynot
    Hey, it wouldn't surprise me. Now that Follica seems to be going ahead with a Lithium gel to stimulate WNT pathways, the doors to more bizarre treatments are wide open.
  • 06-25-2011 06:50 PM
    UK_
    Quote:

Originally Posted by whynot View Post
    Hey, it wouldn't surprise me. Now that Follica seems to be going ahead with a Lithium gel to stimulate WNT pathways, the doors to more bizarre treatments are wide open.

Yeah... why not?

» IAHRS

hair transplant surgeons

» The Bald Truth