• 01-11-2015 08:11 AM
    25 going on 65
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Notcoolanymore View Post
    Haven't seen you around in a while. Hopefully things are going well for you. I agree with you 100%

Thanks man. It is going well except diffusion is slowly getting worse which stresses me out. Still styling to disguise but always wondering when the day will come when I can not do it anymore. Sometimes I look @ my hair wet under bright lights, comb it around to expose the thinnest parts & am amazed I can still get away w/ this

Still very bitter about andro alopecia but also grateful....it started when I was like 20-22 (noticed right after I turned 23) & will be 30 soon. Life has been totally different than if there were no meds

Still taking dut + fin everyday, 2% Nizoral every 3 days. Hope you are doing well?
  • 01-11-2015 05:31 PM
    Notcoolanymore
    Quote:

Originally Posted by 25 going on 65 View Post
    Still taking dut + fin everyday, 2% Nizoral every 3 days. Hope you are doing well?

I recently hit the 1.5years on big 3. I definitely have more hair then when I started treating, but it is still thin on top and very thin on the crown. Shine a fluorescent light on my head and you can see right through my hair. Have been growing it out for the last month and a half to see if there is any style I can pull of that isn't totally ridiculous. Still working on that lol. I am holding out hope that I will be a late responder to fin and get some additional regrowth, also have been throwing around the idea of giving RU a try.

Overall I try not to get too high or too low when dealing with this shit. Try to make the most of what I have I guess.
  • 01-11-2015 07:23 PM
    Illusion
    Quote:

also have been throwing around the idea of giving RU a try.

When I considered going on RU, you were the first to tell me that it was a bad idea because it wasn't FDA approved and proof of its efficacy was lacking (little before/after pics). Why did your mind change?
  • 01-11-2015 07:52 PM
    Notcoolanymore
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Illusion View Post
    When I considered going on RU, you were the first to tell me that it was a bad idea because it wasn't FDA approved and proof of its efficacy was lacking (little before/after pics). Why did your mind change?

I still feel that way, that's why I am just "throwing the idea around" at this point. Not sure if it is even worth it since I am on fin. I would still recommend fin over RU any day of the week. I am just at point where I don't want to leave any stone unturned. I even gave LLLT a try if you can believe that. Haha.
  • 01-13-2015 08:23 AM
    Illusion
    Quote:

I still feel that way, that's why I am just "throwing the idea around" at this point. Not sure if it is even worth it since I am on fin. I would still recommend fin over RU any day of the week. I am just at point where I don't want to leave any stone unturned. I even gave LLLT a try if you can believe that. Haha.

Hmm I see where you're coming from, not wanting to leave any stone unturned is actually the reason I'm starting with minox (might sound stupid but I was never thinking of adding minox to my regime before as I thought I'd only need an AA (RU) to halt my hair loss). Besides, if it puts your mind at ease then by all means, do it. But why not dutasteride first? That seems more logical to me.

If you're considering adding ru but are unsure of it's efficacy as you're already on fin, you could ask around in the Cutting Edge section. Sure, you'll mainly get bro-science answers, but there are probably some guys there that are using both and it's always nice to get to know other people's experiences. My educated guess would be that it would still be efficient as fin only block around 70% of your DHT and RU also only blocks around 70% of the DHT (and T for that matter), so together there might be some more blockage.

By the way, if you're not experiencing any unpleasant sides from fin right now, you might start to experience them once you're on RU. That's definitely not what will always happen, it's just that you now have a topical DHT-blocker (and believe me, RU can definitely go systematic) and an internal DHT-inhibitor you'll get a stronger effect and thus more severe sides. But this is just trial and error (you have to play around with dosage a bit too find the dose where you start to get sides).

Edit: sorry fot the derail, I got carried away a bit

» IAHRS

hair transplant surgeons

» The Bald Truth

» Recent Threads

Benefits of Resveratrol for hair and health
05-05-2022 01:46 AM
Last Post By felixten
Yesterday 11:59 PM
1800 graft repair case results by Dr. Lindsey
03-27-2024 08:38 AM
Last Post By Dr. Lindsey