• 02-11-2013 12:59 PM
    BigThinker
    I'm with amibald here. I'll save the lifestyle change stuff that I'm frequently ranting about on this forum. I guess I just want to re-enforce what he said and offer to help in any way I can.

Depression sucks. I was lucky to only have a mild, temporary stint with it. But, I can still relate and say with confidence I've been on "both sides of the fence", if you will.

Get the junk food out of your life too. I started baking fresh vegetables (everything from brussel sprounds to carrots to potatoes) every night with a some fresh protein (chicken, ground beef) because it's healthy and easy for a bozo like me with no cooking experience to perform.

I actually thought it was interesting that you said you got a headache from researching St Johns Wort. I get the same feeling researching finasteride. I decided to just say f**k it and order me some. I think a good attitude, careful dosage, and otherwise health lifestyle combats sides for the most part. Most the dudes I see ranting about fin sides on this site don't come off as particularly intelligent or stable people in the first place. I won't let them deter me from trying a potential Godsend.
  • 02-11-2013 01:01 PM
    clandestine
    And don't go on SSRI's.

Also know you're not alone, even if it seems that way. All my mates have full heads of hair too. I'm 20years old, NW3.
  • 02-11-2013 01:51 PM
    Exodus
    As above. Im a diffuse with like a NW5 pattern. Im sure Fin and Minox could thicken...but Im yet to do it :S

Im probably similar to you in terms of current hairloss, but remember you asked me about CBT? Did you do it in the end? It's definitely worth a look into, helped me a lot.

With the hair, Id advise no guard and a gym, Im gonna do it at some point, heck we all might at some point unless we get transplants.
  • 02-11-2013 04:29 PM
    Aames
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Exodus View Post
    As above. Im a diffuse with like a NW5 pattern. Im sure Fin and Minox could thicken...but Im yet to do it :S

Im probably similar to you in terms of current hairloss, but remember you asked me about CBT? Did you do it in the end? It's definitely worth a look into, helped me a lot.

With the hair, Id advise no guard and a gym, Im gonna do it at some point, heck we all might at some point unless we get transplants.

Duta+RU/CB=Hair forever. Or, at least, that's what people are theorizing.

And yeah Breaking, I know we get into it but I know how much depression sucks. I'm going to repeat what other people have said, if you refuse to ever touch fin, it's probably best for you to come to terms with your hair loss and just shave it. Especially if you're NW3+.

EDIT: I forgot to mention; if you do go down the shaved head route and admit defeat, you need to get as juicy as possible to pull off the look. Look into roids, or maybe some prohoromones if you want to stay on the safe(r) side.
  • 02-12-2013 12:16 PM
    Breaking Bald
    Aames, steroids? Really? Are you having a laugh?

I've shaved my hair super short and I am finding that hard enough to get used to, so I doubt the no guard approach is such a good idea. I'm finding it very difficult to adjust. 2+ years ago I had the thickest, most awesome hair. I've always been known to have crazy thick and wild hair, the sudden contrast is just to much to come to terms with at the moment. Being a musician as well, I just feel like I have lost my identity and image completely. It's all turned to shit in such a short time.

So no ones tried St Johns Wort then? I'm gonna try it, I think the first thing I need to do is conquer my depression as suggested.
  • 02-12-2013 12:40 PM
    dex89
    If your depressed I wouldn't recommend taking fin at all. I believed FIN had trigger some type of depression for the past month. I've been feeling sad, and lonely, Nothing that I have ever experience before. 2 weeks ago, I was driving home from my female friends house after I smashed her. During my drive home I started crying like a little bitch. I really didn't know the reason to it, I really couldn't explain the feeling. I don't know, I felt so alone and empty that I broke down, pretty embarrassing . I was also intoxicated but I never get sad when I drink. Last time I had cried was when I was 5 years old, no joke. It wasn't because of my hair loss either, really odd.

anyways, I wouldn't recommend steroids at your age, I would wait till your older and more bulkier.
  • 02-12-2013 12:46 PM
    Breaking Bald
    Quote:

Originally Posted by dex89 View Post
    If your depressed I wouldn't recommend taking fin at all. I believed FIN had trigger some type of depression for the past month. I've been feeling sad, and lonely, Nothing that I have ever experience before. 2 weeks ago, I was driving home from my female friends house after I smashed her. During my drive home I started crying like a little bitch. I really didn't know the reason to it, I really couldn't explain the feeling. I don't know, I felt so alone and empty that I broke down, pretty embarrassing . I was also intoxicated but I never get sad when I'm drunk. Last time I had cried was when I was 5 years old, no joke. It wasn't because of my hair loss either, really odd.

anyways, I wouldn't recommend steroids at your age, I would wait till your older and more bulkier.

Dude you certainly make the rounds with females huh? The term 'smashed' though...sounds a bit vile IMO. Sorry man I like you, but were you driving home drunk as well?...:rolleyes: That's messed up, if that's true I just lost a lot of respect of you.

With regards to the breaking down, that is nothing to be ashamed of, real men cry, it just means that you actually feel. And I don't intend to take fin.
  • 02-12-2013 12:54 PM
    baldy1990
    Quote:

Originally Posted by dex89 View Post
    If your depressed I wouldn't recommend taking fin at all. I believed FIN had trigger some type of depression for the past month. I've been feeling sad, and lonely, Nothing that I have ever experience before. 2 weeks ago, I was driving home from my female friends house after I smashed her. During my drive home I started crying like a little bitch. I really didn't know the reason to it, I really couldn't explain the feeling. I don't know, I felt so alone and empty that I broke down, pretty embarrassing . I was also intoxicated but I never get sad when I'm drunk. Last time I had cried was when I was 5 years old, no joke. It wasn't because of my hair loss either, really odd.

me not even a year without crying,not even 6 months,life sucks
  • 02-12-2013 12:57 PM
    dex89
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Breaking Bald View Post
    Dude you certainly make the rounds with females huh? The term 'smashed' though...sounds a bit vile IMO. Sorry man I like you, but were you driving home drunk as well...:rolleyes: That's messed up, if that's true I just lost a lot of respect of you.

With regards to the breaking down, that is nothing to be ashamed of, real men cry, it just means that you actually feel. And I don't intend to take fin.

Sorry about that, I hang with a lot of douches that use a lot inappropriate slang words and I guess it rub on me, I should reread what I wrote. Yeah I know, I feel bad about it:(. I just hope this feeling goes away, like it did to the other side effects I had with FIN.
  • 02-12-2013 01:00 PM
    Breaking Bald
    Honestly man, drink driving is not a good idea. As far as I am aware the U.S seems to be a bit like the Wild West when it comes to drink driving. The U.K is much stricter and so it should be, I've done it once before and it is a stupid thing to do.

Hopefully, that side effect will disappear, unless you have any real reasons to be depressed? That you aren't recognizing.

» IAHRS

hair transplant surgeons

» The Bald Truth

» Recent Threads

1800 graft repair case results by Dr. Lindsey
Yesterday 08:38 AM
Last Post By Dr. Lindsey
Yesterday 08:38 AM
Navigating the German Job Market as a Kenyan Citizen
11-04-2023 06:31 AM
Last Post By Keegan212
Yesterday 03:51 AM