10 months in treatment

Printable View

• 09-27-2017 09:31 AM
    shuting
    11 Attachment(s)
    10 months in treatment
    Hi all,

I would like to introduce myself and share my story. I am 35 years and like 10 months ago I felt a huge hair loss, together with loss in density. I always had a lot of hair, and nobody could see anything, but I could feel it. I went to a dermatologist and he said it was a minor thinning in my crown and it was Androgenetic Alopecia. He gave to me finasteride (1mg/day) and minoxidil (foam, once per day). I followed the instructions for the last 10 months, but I feel I am losing more and more. I know it should start working now, and I should start feeling something soon, but I did not expect to lose so much. I am losing specially in the hairline, which the dermatologist said was fine for my age. But now, I have much less density than before in the front.

I am attaching photos with dry and wet hair. Most of the pictures are after 8 months of treatment. Any reply would be appreciated. Any experience with the treatment, if I should make blood analysis to verified my DHT level and see if Finasteride is working, if somebody recomends Dutasteride better... Anything,
  • 09-28-2017 07:26 AM
    BaldBearded
    Unfortunately, these treatments do NOT always work
  • 09-28-2017 08:04 AM
    shuting
    Thanks. You think it is not working? Do you see it is getting worse?
  • 10-03-2017 12:02 AM
    GroughBack
    Any update?
  • 10-04-2017 07:28 AM
    shuting
    I have an appointment with the dermatologist in 3 weeks. I keep taking finasteride and minoxidil. I will let you know.

Btw, what is your opinion of my hair?
  • 10-15-2017 10:44 PM
    GroughBack
    Your Hair seems to be pretty good. I do agree with Anthony about your crown, it seems to be thinning a bit. The worst thing you can do is stress over it, it still looks good and this will only cause hair to fall more quickly.
  • 10-17-2017 01:49 AM
    mattj
    Your hair looks great. I took a good look at the hairline comparisons and don't see any changes.

» IAHRS

hair transplant surgeons

» The Bald Truth