• 10-07-2013 05:23 PM
    yeahyeahyeah
    Quote:

Originally Posted by cichlidfort View Post
    And I bet your confidence was through the roof after you hooking up with her right? If you're a lawyer then I don't know why you are stressing so bad about the hair. I understand hair loss SUCKS but you have a legit career and women find intelligence/good career way more attractive than Brad Pitt hair. Trust me! One day, we will all be laughing about our depression and anxiety when there is a cure but for now, we gotta be content with what we have. Some kids are born into this world with no parents or a deformity. We have to be blessed for what we have been given. It's all about perspective.

When you are single, you worry about it.

When you are not single, you dont care. I certainly didn't.
  • 10-07-2013 06:01 PM
    cichlidfort
    Quote:

Originally Posted by yeahyeahyeah View Post
    When you are single, you worry about it.

When you are not single, you dont care. I certainly didn't.

I definitely get what you're saying. Having a gf/wife is comforting. However, when I was dating a dime I still had anxiety due to my hair and it's progressive loss. I guess everyone is different.
  • 10-07-2013 06:03 PM
    yeahyeahyeah
    Quote:

I definitely get what you're saying. Having a gf/wife is comforting. However, when I was dating a dime I still had anxiety due to my hair and it's progressive loss. I guess everyone is different.

of course nobody wants to lose it, but if you had a stable rship, you would probably be more accepting of it as you have someone who loves you.

I certainly was. Actually more to the point - my overall mental health was a lot better.
  • 10-07-2013 06:19 PM
    cichlidfort
    Quote:

of course nobody wants to lose it, but if you had a stable rship, you would probably be more accepting of it as you have someone who loves you.

I certainly was. Actually more to the point - my overall mental health was a lot better.

I completely agree. Fortunately for me, I have the tall and handsome package going for me. The way I see it which helps me cope, I would rather be tall and good looking as I am than short, not good looking with a thick head of hair.
  • 10-08-2013 04:06 PM
    Conpecia
    Quote:

Originally Posted by UK_ View Post
    Impossible.

Nigam + Mwamba FTW.

uk i thought you were better than this honestly...
  • 10-08-2013 04:11 PM
    Conpecia
    Quote:

I completely agree. Fortunately for me, I have the tall and handsome package going for me. The way I see it which helps me cope, I would rather be tall and good looking as I am than short, not good looking with a thick head of hair.

me too i have the same thing going thank god. but sometimes i think it adds to my stress because all the women (and a lot of the men awkwardly...) always comment on my looks and going bald will def knock me down a couple points to merely 'above average' but not 'very handsome' which apparently i am...

that being said i'll take being tall and bald with a good face over short and nw0 with a bad face any day.
  • 10-08-2013 04:15 PM
    Conpecia
    Quote:

again, me too. i dated one of the best-looking women you will ever see and i obsessed over my hair-loss just the same as i do now. i think it was because i knew she could go get any guy she wanted and was a fashion photographer so she was particular about features on guys. she always said she didn't care about the hair loss but now she's dating a nw0 who will never go bald, go figure...

but yeah i have a lot going for me beyond looks, i'm very musical, good sense of humor, good career, friendly, etc. maybe that's why i obsess over hair so much because it's one of my few irreversible flaws (though i do have many reversible flaws)...
  • 10-08-2013 06:09 PM
    Dan26
    most of us are delusional and think that if hairloss was over with all our problems would be solved :P

i admit thats how I THINK i'd feeel...hope i get to find out if thats the case one day !
  • 10-08-2013 06:15 PM
    yeahyeahyeah
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Dan26 View Post
    most of us are delusional and think that if hairloss was over with all our problems would be solved :P

i admit thats how I THINK i'd feeel...hope i get to find out if thats the case one day !

I was a lot more happier before this shit

Like right now I got so depressed that I turned into a gambler, just won 700 dollars
  • 10-08-2013 06:24 PM
    Dan26
    Quote:

I was a lot more happier before this shit

Like right now I got so depressed that I turned into a gambler, just won 700 dollars

lmao, nice man, throw it in the HT fund

life was stress free before this shit...im tellin u the ultimate man would be one that goes through hairloss but stops/reverses/ gets it back one day..they would have so much wisdom/perspective and be lightyears ahead of all other non MPB'ers

» IAHRS

hair transplant surgeons

» The Bald Truth

» Recent Threads

Sun Exposure after Hair Transplant
02-26-2009 02:36 PM
Last Post By SarahCarter
04-22-2024 04:24 PM
Scar Grafting with Dr Cole
06-21-2012 02:00 PM
Last Post By northeastguy
04-22-2024 10:14 AM