• 09-29-2014 12:02 AM
    Thunder
    1 Attachment(s)
    Fred
    Here's an update of my evolution 8 days after my FUE. I managed to remove all the crust and I must say that for now I'm thrilled. Too bad I will have to go through a shed in a few days and wait months to see the results. My donor (that I shaved again today) shows one or two red spots, other than that, it looks untouched to me. Do you think this is looking good, I'm cautious about being overly optimistic and then not having the regrowth that I expect in a few months.

I am not impressed by your results. Sorry but I am being candid. Your hairline is funky. It is diffused. You should shave that off, you would be a great candidate for SMP as you wear your hair close cropped from the picture you posted and I reposted.
  • 09-29-2014 01:02 AM
    fred970
    Hahaha, in denial much dude? My hair is already growing very well, very impressive for only 4 months of growth I read on the forums, and it's only 25% of the growth, just look at my last-posted picture. No one can tell I've done something, and some people will be very aggressive about how I'm lying about having had a hair transplant, until I show them the pictures of course.

I have no scar at all (a 0,75 mm punch and a great surgeon made that possible), and if you read my topic, you'd know I paid only 4500€, that's right, 6500$ for a state-of-the-art result, that will be truly growing out of my head, not some permanent paint that would look shinny and invisible under a little too much light. I had my 2000 grafts FUE done by one of the best surgeons in the world (Dr. De Reys), not some Neograft robot crap like the guy who apparently made a second mistake by going for permanent SMP.

Take your butthurt comments about hair transplants somewhere else. I've got hundreds of reactions about my FUE on different forums and 99% are positive. Post pictures of your SMP here and I guarantee you'll get a 50% of positive reactions at best. SMP on its own is not a viable option for hair loss, end of the story. Edit: Oh you're the OP of the other topic who had a few hundred dots of bluish ink on his head and believes he's David Beckham now? Good luck with the laser removal fees when you wake up from your dream!

Look at my scars I should cover up: http://www.fredk.be/fue/month3-donorright.jpg! So unsightly right?!
  • 09-29-2014 01:19 AM
    Thunder
    Quote:

Originally Posted by fred970 View Post
    Hahaha, in denial much dude? My hair is already growing very well, very impressive for only 4 months of growth I read on the forums, and it's only 25% of the growth, just look at my last-posted picture. No one can tell I've done something, and some people will be very aggressive about how I'm lying about having had a hair transplant, until I show them the pictures of course.

I have no scar at all (a 0,75 mm punch and a great surgeon made that possible), and if you read my topic, you'd know I paid only 4500€, that's right, 6500$ for a state-of-the-art result, that will be truly growing out of my head, not some permanent paint that would look shinny and invisible under a little too much light. I had my 2000 grafts FUE done by one of the best surgeons in the world (Dr. De Reys), not some Neograft robot crap like the guy who apparently made a second mistake by going for permanent SMP.

Take your butthurt comments about hair transplants somewhere else. I've got hundreds of reactions about my FUE on different forums and 99% are positive. Post pictures of your SMP here and I guarantee you'll get a 50% of positive reactions at best. SMP on its own is not a viable option for hair loss, end of the story. Edit: Oh you're the OP of the other topic who had a few hundred dots of bluish ink on his head and believes he's David Beckham now? Good luck with the laser removal fees when you wake up from your dream!

See the thing is, there are two types of people that visit these forums, pro-hair transplants, and pro-smp, obviously you do not have your facts straight when it comes to SMP. Paint ? Seriously? Ignorance is bliss. You only have 25% growth, so I wouldn't be bragging. Wait until your miracle procedure yields what you paid for. SMP is not for everyone, but like FUE, it does take time and undergoes the intense scrutiny of hair transplants.

There are many things that you do not have your facts straight about SMP. Yes, I do have pictures, however I will post them as I am 5 days post second session, and I have been under scrutiny, and not one person has said a word. No, I have no blue ink, I was debunking that myth but nice try. David Beckham? Really you need to try harder. I have gotten 100% positive feedback on my SMP which takes .10 percent of the time then your FUE process. But whatever makes you happy.

Posting pics on here to an anti-smp crowd is like going to a Rugby game and rooting for the other team with your team's Jersey on, since you are already biased, your reaction will be negative. But I will post, just to show you the quality work that I had done by HeadStrongNY, the best at SMP. I will wake up from my reality, while you wake up with hairs you shed on your pillow. Take care!
  • 09-29-2014 02:40 AM
    Notcoolanymore
    Quote:

Edit: Oh you're the OP of the other topic who had a few hundred dots of bluish ink on his head and believes he's David Beckham now? Good luck with the laser removal fees when you wake up from your dream!!

Post a link. He used your own pic to crap on you. You should return the favor. I'd like to see a good example of SMP.
  • 09-29-2014 04:28 AM
    fred970
  • 09-29-2014 06:15 AM
    Thunder
    Quote:

First session. Touche. Not even close to the finished product.
  • 09-29-2014 07:30 AM
    Thunder
    Fred, I am not going to argue with you. You don't agree with Scalp Micropigmentation, and I am not fond of FUE or Hair Transplants, which is my prerogative. That is why I post only in this section. I don't go into the other sections bashing other peoples experiences, so lets end this here. Apologies for being defensive, what you found that worked for you and what I found what worked for me are different, so lets leave it at that. But we do have one thing in common, hair loss. Best of luck on your FUE journey. And yes I did take the time to read through your thread.
  • 10-01-2014 08:23 AM
    Hairthere
    I have had 4 Ht strip surgeries (one failed), a small FUE surgery, and temporary SMP performed. The latter procedure inspired me to learn SMP (I trained with Milena Lardi/Beauty Medical) and I am in the process of opening a clinic. Having firsthand experience as a customer with these various hair restoration methods gives me what I hope to be a fair and balanced opinion on the subject.

My first botched HT was about 8.5 years ago. I was at the start of what would some day be a NW5-6 pattern. At the time I had no idea SMP was even an option for me. I did shave my head pre-HT and didn't mind the look, but without a hairline I was all eyebrows and felt aged. Had I known about SMP I may have tried it. Instead I had surgery, and subsequently 3 more to fix the botch job and to keep up with the progressive MPB.

Looking in the mirror today I see a 40-year-old with a nice full head of hair. It is thin in spots, and more see through when wet. There are imperfections I would love to correct in the hairline. But overall I am very pleased with my HT journey and the end results.

Then, 2 years ago, I received word that Milena was visiting Dr. Feller's office and they needed models. I had SMP performed to thicken up some spots. The next day I threw out my "cover up" product (which worked quite well and is another great adjunct).

As a SMP practitioner I always try to to what's best for the client. Sometimes that means turning them away from SMP and towards HT surgery. Sometimes it's the exact opposite, and sometimes it's a bit of both.

I will say that the clinics doing SMP the right way, using proper, modern techniques, equipment, and pigments, are getting some fantastic results. There will be botch jobs out there, just like there are with HTs. But I think we'll start seeing more and more quality SMP work being performed.
  • 02-21-2015 03:49 PM
    jmb13
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Delphi View Post
    Having your head tattooed is a very short term solution that will turn into a very long term problem. Grincher is right about hairpieces, I have seen some really undetectable ones. They can really be amazing. I’d rather wear a piece than tattoo my head any day.

Hahaha you say this now... Have you ever worn a piece?

Let me tell you something about hair systems.. yea they seem great but there is A LOT of upkeep...

1. Say goodbye to your hairline.. its extremely difficult to achieve a hairline you can constantly expose. Not only is it difficult to get the lace or skin to disappear completely but then there is the glue getting stuck to the hair, the hairline getting dirty inbetween your weekly detaches, and even worse, the system possibly lifting when you don't even know it. Imagine being at a bar and your hairline suddenly pops up..

2. Theres a lot of maintenance. You have to detach and reattach at LEAST every 7 days. That involves removing the system, cleaning the glue or tape off the system, and then reattaching the new system or one you just cleaned. It can take anywhere from 45 minutes to 3 hours.

3. You will always have to think about it. It messes with your head a bit and you have to get over it. You always think people have found you out and you become paranoid. So many things can give it away. The color fading and you have two different hair colors only visible under certain lights like at the office, or someone touching your head like your gf, or the glue turning to white mush from sweating.

4. You'll have to adjust your lifestyle. Working out, humidity (depending on where to live), going on a summer vacation, swimming, etc. etc.You have to consider all of those when wearing. They include some force that will weaken your bond.

I am a diffuser and I still may go the hair system route because theres nothing HT surgeons can do for me anymore. But the more I think about it, the better MHP sounds knowing I'll never have to worry about my hair again! Ever...
  • 02-21-2015 03:54 PM
    jmb13
    Hahaha you say this now... Have you ever worn a piece?

Let me tell you something about hair systems.. yea they seem great but there is A LOT of upkeep...

1. Say goodbye to your hairline.. its extremely difficult to achieve a hairline you can constantly expose. Not only is it difficult to get the lace or skin to disappear completely but then there is the glue getting stuck to the hair, the hairline getting dirty inbetween your weekly detaches, and even worse, the system possibly lifting when you don't even know it. Imagine being at a bar and your hairline suddenly pops up..

2. Theres a lot of maintenance. You have to detach and reattach at LEAST every 7 days. That involves removing the system, cleaning the glue or tape off the system, and then reattaching the new system or one you just cleaned. It can take anywhere from 45 minutes to 3 hours.

3. You will always have to think about it. It messes with your head a bit and you have to get over it. You always think people have found you out and you become paranoid. So many things can give it away. The color fading and you have two different hair colors only visible under certain lights like at the office, or someone touching your head like your gf, or the glue turning to white mush from sweating.

4. You'll have to adjust your lifestyle. Working out, humidity (depending on where to live), going on a summer vacation, swimming, etc. etc.You have to consider all of those when wearing. They include some force that will weaken your bond.

I am a diffuser and I still may go the hair system route because theres nothing HT surgeons can do for me anymore. But the more I think about it, the better MHP sounds knowing I'll never have to worry about my hair again! Ever...

» IAHRS

hair transplant surgeons

» The Bald Truth

» Recent Threads

purchase requisition in business central
12-19-2023 05:38 AM
Last Post By David9232
Today 11:39 AM
Sun Exposure after Hair Transplant
02-26-2009 02:36 PM
Last Post By gisecit34
Today 10:12 AM