• 11-12-2013 05:02 PM
    25 going on 65
    Quote:

Originally Posted by BigThinker View Post
    If you're not on preventative treatments, you'll probably just bald behind your hair transplant and look like a dingus who wasted a bunch of money.

This is what you need to accept, OP. If you will not take DHT meds, you need to forget about hair transplants
  • 11-12-2013 05:03 PM
    BigThinker
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Baldnessfalls View Post
    First of all, don't make assumptions, and don't tell me what my responsibilities are. I have a very good job, and I'm out of my room all the time. I said I never leave my room WITHOUT A HAT ON MY HEAD, if you bothered to read my post thoroughly.

I don't want to have a HT in a year and see results when I'm in my late 20s (when it doesn't matter anymore). I've got things I want to do before then that require looking sexy with a full head of hair as the line of work I'm going into requires me to look good. Plus, there is just a certain way I WANT to look. Sue me if that's a crime. I'll get on rogaine as soon as I have grafts on my head.

Haha. Chill out, you chode.

You come here asking for advice while simultaneously making yourself look like the biggest d-bag of all time (see?, I read your post). Then when someone gives you legitimate advice you get all salty and re-illustrate how uneducated you are on the topic.

Rogaine doesn't work for everyone, and neither does finasteride for that matter -- go look up the Rogaine efficacy rates, please. If you get a HT to put you from NW2/3 back to NW1, you may very well just bald behind the transplant REGARDLESS OF WHETHER OR NOT YOU'RE ON ROGAINE. You think some Doc minds taking the better part of $10k from some naive brat suckling off his mother's teat without providing the caveat about 5 of us just did?

Stop being such a stupid asshole and go do your homework on the topic. And God bless your mother for putting up with you for 22 years.
  • 11-12-2013 06:02 PM
    Dan26
    Take it from us baldnessfalls, we have been in your shoes....

Unless you are over exaggerating your loss, fin for ATLEAST a year to stabilize your loss then PERHAPS an HT is the one and only option you have. You need to accept that.

''my dad is thin on top, but he's 68 years old and honestly is in better shape hair wise than I am''

If a 68 year old man is thin on top and still in better shape than you...

Post those pics
  • 11-12-2013 06:08 PM
    Baldnessfalls
    Quote:

Originally Posted by BigThinker View Post
    Haha. Chill out, you chode.

You come here asking for advice while simultaneously making yourself look like the biggest d-bag of all time (see?, I read your post). Then when someone gives you legitimate advice you get all salty and re-illustrate how uneducated you are on the topic.

Rogaine doesn't work for everyone, and neither does finasteride for that matter -- go look up the Rogaine efficacy rates, please. If you get a HT to put you from NW2/3 back to NW1, you may very well just bald behind the transplant REGARDLESS OF WHETHER OR NOT YOU'RE ON ROGAINE. You think some Doc minds taking the better part of $10k from some naive brat suckling off his mother's teat without providing the caveat about 5 of us just did?

Stop being such a stupid asshole and go do your homework on the topic. And God bless your mother for putting up with you for 22 years.

YOU chill out! And never post in this thread again. I mean it. Go away. You were the first one to attack me personally talking about my situation at home with my mother, of which you know absolutely nothing about. If you post here again, it will be positive, or you will be reported. Promise.
  • 11-12-2013 06:24 PM
    Baldnessfalls
    I understand that my hair has the potential to recede even after the HT. My doctor informed me of this too. He also told me having a HT is even more reason to use things like rogaine and finasteride, but like I said, I'm going to leave finasteride alone. Minoxidil fine. Ketoconazole, fine. But I just don't have the time or the desire to put up with the potential side affects of propecia.
  • 11-12-2013 07:47 PM
    Diesel15
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Baldnessfalls View Post
    I understand that my hair has the potential to recede even after the HT. My doctor informed me of this too. He also told me having a HT is even more reason to use things like rogaine and finasteride, but like I said, I'm going to leave finasteride alone. Minoxidil fine. Ketoconazole, fine. But I just don't have the time or the desire to put up with the potential side affects of propecia.

I'm not sure exactly what you hoped to achieve with this thread but you seem to be glossing over some important facts. BT has contributed more to this forum than 99% of the people that post here. His advice is sound regardless of whether or not you agree with his tact. Considering your age and the aggressiveness of your hair loss, future loss is a near certainty even with treatments. If you take the emotion out of this equation what you are left with is this:

Chances of future loss without an AA >90%
    Chances of side effects with an AA 5%

If you like those odds then go ahead with the procedure. If this is as important to you as you say then you'll figure out a way to come up with the $3K regardless of the source. Credit card, personal loan etc... These guys are just trying to help you realize that this might not be in your best interest long-term given the facts you've presented. I know you won't believe this either but if you care about your hair to this degree at 22 you'll still care as much 10 or 15 years down the road. There's no magic switch that you can flip on this one. Everyone here who has taken the time to post knows exactly how you are feeling and has gone through the same emotions. This is a difficult thing to go through and I feel for you. Try to look at this as objectively as possible. It sounds like your mind is made up to go through with it so I wish you the best if and when you do.
  • 11-12-2013 09:20 PM
    Notcoolanymore
    Quote:

Originally Posted by baldnessfalls View Post
    you chill out! And never post in this thread again. I mean it. Go away. You were the first one to attack me personally talking about my situation at home with my mother, of which you know absolutely nothing about. If you post here again, it will be positive, or you will be reported. Promise.

hahahahahahahhahaahahahaa!!!!!!!!

Orders have been given, now get lost. LOL
  • 11-12-2013 11:45 PM
    Thinning87
    Don't do it man. I know it sucks, and the money isn't what matters. You have the luck of being 6-2 we know you don't look nearly as good without hair but being so tall most women will be looking at you from below... I know it sounds stupid but I think it's a benefit as the eye will focus more on jaw and face unlike the rest of us
  • 11-13-2013 01:30 AM
    brunobald
    Age is definitely against you on this one. I started losing my hair at 26 (now 28) it was slow at first in the crown, but over the last 6 months the front section of my hair hair gone from a super dense mop to about 1/3 of what was there before. My point is I was convinced I was only losing it in the crown, but within 6 months things completly changed and now my whole norwood 6 area looks like cr*p. When you are young it can happen and it can happen fast.

Hair loss sucks, but If you really are "male model material" you will look just as good to the other sex, without hair. I have yet to see a women I found less attractive with her hair shaved right down, think of it that way.

Without an antiandrogen you will struggle to maintain so your options in my eyes are.

1. Get a hair transplant and hope donor regen can help you fill in areas that bald in the future. (If you have the cash).
    2. Get a transplant and use fin, or alternatively CB or RU.
    3. There are other experimental drugs out there that grow hair, safety will be an issue. PS1 for example.
    4. Scalp micro pigmentation, a good option for us young uns. check it out. Adding a little bit of fue transplants to a SMP job can really make it pop.
    5. Shave it off and be done with it, liberation and acceptance are a wonderfull thing.
  • 11-13-2013 04:03 PM
    Baldnessfalls
    I wish I could get some pics on here but my computer screen is broken and I'm having to use my smartphone. But after looking at the NW again, I've pretty much determined that I'm slightly less if not exactly a NW 2. But this scale doesn't seem to account for unique hairline and head shapes so its tough to tell exactly. Also, the density around the front is worse than the NW would show.

Believe it or not, I have done some hard research and I believe 1500 grafts would put me back to my youthful hairline. I also know its not as much about getting that hairline back as it is giving the appearance of a full head of hair.

I know finasteride could be crucial to stopping further hairloss, but I'm still extremely reluctant to take it. I just don't need more complications to my life and it seems like finasteride resolves a key issues in ones life, but it comes at the cost of other key parts of life (I.e. reproductive/mental health). But I'll discuss this with my doctor.

As far as the surgeon I picked out, yes he is the closest one to me, but I think he will do just fine.

» IAHRS

hair transplant surgeons

» The Bald Truth

» Recent Threads

1800 graft repair case results by Dr. Lindsey
Yesterday 08:38 AM
Last Post By Dr. Lindsey
Yesterday 08:38 AM
Navigating the German Job Market as a Kenyan Citizen
11-04-2023 06:31 AM
Last Post By Keegan212
Yesterday 03:51 AM