Replicel

Printable View

• 04-30-2012 07:08 PM
    Davey Jones
    Quote:

Originally Posted by youngsufferer View Post
    There's a big probability that they failed and trying to cover their asses. There's also a small chance that they did the impossible and cured MPB. If that would be the case they're panicking going oh shit the whole world is going to change after our announcement make sure everything is perfect so we don't get bent over by all the money hungry people trying to get in on the billions to be made.

We don't know anything.

Yeah, I'd say the best case scenario (among things that are actually possible) is that they did really, really well and are frantically making sure they are able to protect their intellectual properties before the announcement.

If the history of hair loss cures is any indication of anything, then that is probably not what is going on. But keep in mind people, maybe it won't be tomorrow, but one of these days, that is what's going to be happening.
  • 04-30-2012 07:18 PM
    gmonasco
    Quote:

Originally Posted by youngsufferer View Post
    There's a big probability that they failed and trying to cover their asses.

I doubt it. Failure is a foreseeable outcome in any clinical trial, and a CYA press release to cover that eventuality could have been prepared months in advance.
  • 04-30-2012 07:24 PM
    youngsufferer
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Davey Jones View Post
    Yeah, I'd say the best case scenario (among things that are actually possible) is that they did really, really well and are frantically making sure they are able to protect their intellectual properties before the announcement.

If the history of hair loss cures is any indication of anything, then that is probably not what is going on. But keep in mind people, maybe it won't be tomorrow, but one of these days, that is what's going to be happening.

Good man, regardless of what happens, we won't be in limbo anymore. There will be a definitive answer, cure or no cure I'll be happy to just have some sort of substance.
  • 04-30-2012 09:37 PM
    suicidal
    Heeeeeeeeeeeeeellllllpppppp

i dont want to be bald anymore!!!!!!
  • 05-01-2012 01:51 AM
    Pate
    Even if the results from this one solitary injection designed primarily to measure safety are good (meaning safe, and at least SOME indication of new terminal hair) there will be people here whinging and bitching.

I can just imagine it now. "Only 3 hairs per sq cm? Total failure. **** Replicel. I told you guys all along it would never work. David Hall should be in jail."

I don't even want to imagine this place if it's safe but with no indication of new terminal hair. In fact I think I will be quitting this forum. :rolleyes:
  • 05-01-2012 01:54 AM
    Papillion
    This may not be the time to say this, but it's a concern I had with the science from the beginning. I'm certainly no expert in this field but when I saw the explanation of procedure I was rather sceptical.
    I only mention this as I have not seen it suggested yet, but the way I see it is there are 2 factors that would make or break this theory.

The first and most important one is whether these cells activate something within the hair follicle. I'm giving them the benefit of the doubt that it does do something otherwise they'd be rather daft going to this length if it didn't.

For me however there is something that has never added up. Why would the cells magnate to hair follicles once injected into a scalp? It just seems very convenient to suggest they would. I hope them the best, and wish suffers of hairloss some relief, but it just doesn't add up for me.
  • 05-01-2012 02:09 AM
    Pate
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Papillion View Post
    For me however there is something that has never added up. Why would the cells magnate to hair follicles once injected into a scalp? It just seems very convenient to suggest they would. I hope them the best, and wish suffers of hairloss some relief, but it just doesn't add up for me.

That part's actually been proven, way back in their 2003 paper. They injected the DSC and DP cells into the mice and those cells carried a fluorescent gene. When they later biopsied the mouse follicles they found the fluorescent cells had migrated into the papillae of the mouse follicles and clumped together - as evidenced by the fact they were glowing bright green.

So why it happened, I don't know and perhaps Replicel don't either. But it did. That's not the tricky part.

The real problem has been that when they withdrew the cells in the first place and multiplied them for injection, those multiplied cells somehow lost their inductive ability and wouldn't produce hair despite being, theoretically, exactly the same cells.

That's what put the process back 10 years. The first multiplication discoveries were back in the late 90s, and Aderans has only just discovered how to consistently produce hair in the last couple of years.

The real challenge for Replicel IMO is going to be whether they have cracked the solution to that problem that came up 10 years ago.
  • 05-01-2012 02:57 AM
    Papillion
    Thanks Pate.
    I didn't look too deeply if I'm honest since it just struck me as sounding rather presumptuous to suggest that cells would for some reason move to dormant follicles.
    If they have evidence that they do then fair play, as Arthur C Clarke said, "Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic." They don't have to know why they do (although they may well know) either way I wasn't bagging the company, they should be applauded irrespective of the results for adding to the knowledge.
  • 05-01-2012 05:34 AM
    67mph
    In mice!
    10 years ago or yesterday, cells created in mice!!
  • 05-01-2012 05:37 AM
    yeahyeahyeah
    Starting to get bored of this thread/and replicel.

Same old bullshit.

On that note, my money has always been on Histogen.

They are the only company that has proven to grow hair on humans.

» IAHRS

hair transplant surgeons

» The Bald Truth

» Recent Threads

1800 graft repair case results by Dr. Lindsey
Yesterday 08:38 AM
Last Post By Dr. Lindsey
Yesterday 08:38 AM
Navigating the German Job Market as a Kenyan Citizen
11-04-2023 06:31 AM
Last Post By Keegan212
Yesterday 03:51 AM