• 07-03-2012 10:08 AM
    MrBlonde
    Heartbreak, thy name is hairloss
    Hi folks its my first post here. Let me start by saying what a great forum this is. I have found many hairloss tips and products that I never knew existed before.

My hair has gotten very thin on top and I have lost a lot at the crown and the temples are moving backwards.
    My Dad and grandad are both bald so I guess I'm screwed. When I run my fingers through my hair it feels half as dense as it used to be.

I have longish hair at the moment and will keep it that way, a buzz doesn't look good on me at all :(

I intend to start trying to maintain what I have until a break through comes along, Histogen I'm looking at you. The sinking feeling you get from hairloss is almost unbearable at times but what can you do.

I am looking for advice on a more natural method of holding onto what I have.

I will not touch Fin, I would rather my flute stay in good working order thank you very much and Minox and Niz have shedding risks and may not work and then you have lost ground and not gained.

Phyiscally I am in great shape. I excercise a lot, which may be part of the problem. I'm lean and toned and into health and fitness in a big way.

I am taking a mix of vitimans (Vit C, Biotin, Lipoic Acid and Zinc) to help my hair and skin to be as healthy as they can be. I realise Vit E is another big plus and I plan to get me some Toco8 very soon.

Does anyone have any other lifestyle or natural hair saving tips for me?

Hopefully I can preserve for 3-5 years and then get me some Histogen.

I just hope they deliver on their early promise, that last think I want to do is to be quoting Neitzsche around then.

"Hope is the worst of evils, for it prolongs the torment of man"
  • 07-03-2012 10:38 AM
    BaldinLikeBaldwin
    Quote:

Originally Posted by MrBlonde View Post
    Hi folks its my first post here. Let me start by saying what a great forum this is. I have found many hairloss tips and products that I never knew existed before.

My hair has gotten very thin on top and I have lost a lot at the crown and the temples are moving backwards.
    My Dad and grandad are both bald so I guess I'm screwed. When I run my fingers through my hair it feels half as dense as it used to be.

I have longish hair at the moment and will keep it that way, a buzz doesn't look good on me at all :(

I intend to start trying to maintain what I have until a break through comes along, Histogen I'm looking at you. The sinking feeling you get from hairloss is almost unbearable at times but what can you do.

I will not touch Fin, I would rather my flute stay in good working order thank you very much and Minox and Niz have shedding risks and may not work and then you have lost ground and not gained.

Phyiscally I am in great shape. I excercise a lot, which may be part of the problem. I'm lean and toned and into health and fitness in a big way.

I am taking a mix of vitimans (Vit C, Biotin, Lipoic Acid and Zinc) to help my hair and skin to be as healthy as they can be. I realise Vit E is another big plus and I plan to get me some Toco8 very soon.

I just hope they deliver on their early promise, that last think I want to do is to be quoting Neitzsche around then.

there is no proven effective natural methods but you can read up on the vitamins/supplements, shampoos/hair oils and laser
  • 07-04-2012 03:41 AM
    ravegrover
    Quote:

Hopefully I can preserve for 3-5 years and then get me some Histogen

do u have inside information on Histogen's progress?
  • 07-04-2012 07:17 AM
    MrBlonde
    Quote:

Originally Posted by ravegrover View Post
    do u have inside information on Histogen's progress?

No. I'm just projecting dates from the progress I have read around here. Late 2013 for Asia at the earliest but I don't expect anything until 2014 and that's why I said 3-5yrs. I'm looking at the the longest release possible so I'll be pleasantly surprised if anything comes through before then.

They say 2015 for America but I expect longer.

Is that our only two options btw? A trip to Asia or the US? Will it hit Europe after those two? Its no biggie as I am prepared to travel but would like an option closer to home.
  • 07-04-2012 07:47 AM
    Sogeking
    Quote:

No. I'm just projecting dates from the progress I have read around here. Late 2013 for Asia at the earliest but I don't expect anything until 2014 and that's why I said 3-5yrs. I'm looking at the the longest release possible so I'll be pleasantly surprised if anything comes through before then.

They say 2015 for America but I expect longer.

Is that our only two options btw? A trip to Asia or the US? Will it hit Europe after those two? Its no biggie as I am prepared to travel but would like an option closer to home.

I wouldn't plan anything just yet. The potential new treatments have some promise, especially Histogen, but it is too early to tell anything. I wouldn't expect histogen before 2016. if everything goes well.
    I would still like if it can get proven to be safe in a longer time period.
  • 07-04-2012 08:24 AM
    MrBlonde
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Sogeking View Post
    if everything goes well.
    I would still like if it can get proven to be safe in a longer time period.

You mean safety in terms of good hair growth or in terms of not releasing the drug until they are sure that it has no sides?
  • 07-04-2012 10:20 AM
    25 going on 65
    Quote:

If you want to treat your hair loss with medicine today, your options are finasteride, dutasteride, minoxidil and ketoconazole.
    Non-medicinal options are hair transplants (typically I feel these are a very poor idea if you aren't willing or able to take meds), hair pieces and concealers like keratin fibers or scalp makeup.
    If you can't or won't use any of those options, you can't really do anything about hair loss until new treatments come out.
    Good luck.

» IAHRS

hair transplant surgeons

» The Bald Truth

» Recent Threads

Benefits of Resveratrol for hair and health
05-05-2022 01:46 AM
Last Post By felixten
Yesterday 11:59 PM
1800 graft repair case results by Dr. Lindsey
03-27-2024 08:38 AM
Last Post By Dr. Lindsey