Considering Minoxidil?

Printable View

• 01-26-2018 08:14 AM
    Genetics
    Considering Minoxidil?
    Hi All,

I'm new to the forum.. well I say new, I have just registered but have been on and off here viewing threads for the past year.

I am 26 nearly 27 and recently had a hair transplant of 2,500 grafts FUE. I had my thinning crown filled in and a small amount of receding filled in on the front. The transplant has gone as planned so far but obviously its early days and haven't seen any growth of the transplanted hairs as of yet so its just a waiting game for that.

I have always had fine/thin hair light brown/blondish and started to notice my hair loss at age 24/25 after a stressful time with an Ex. Not saying the hair loss was anything to do with that but I guess it probably didn't help!

Anyway i'll get to the point. I currently take Finasteride 1mg daily and have done for the past year, I haven't noticed any significant changes so I guess you could say i'm maintaining at the moment. I want to maintain my midscalp as much as possible and any regrowth/thickening of the hairs would be a bonus. I was told by my hair transplant surgeon that my hair isn't thin enough in the midscalp to warrant a transplant in that area.

So I would like your opinions on whether adding minoxidil would be a good move to try and thicken what i have left or should i just stick with the finasteride for now?

Thanks everyone :)
  • 02-09-2018 03:45 AM
    ravinderpalsingh
    Considering Minoxidil
    As prescribed by the Doctor or Surgeon you should move with it with out any doubt because if you take minoxidil without prescription then it can harm your scalp or the hair transplant done on your scalp will be wasted.

» IAHRS

hair transplant surgeons

» The Bald Truth

» Recent Threads

Benefits of Resveratrol for hair and health
05-05-2022 01:46 AM
Last Post By felixten
Yesterday 11:59 PM
1800 graft repair case results by Dr. Lindsey
03-27-2024 08:38 AM
Last Post By Dr. Lindsey
03-27-2024 08:38 AM