Is this all getting a little too serious?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • harrison1986
    • Dec 2012

Is this all getting a little too serious?

I have spent some more time now looking around the forums, I've noticed I am definitely not the only one with paranoia about the side effects of using fin. Also many people seem to be really REALLY worried about being a NW2/3.

On closer inspection I would say there is not a picture of my head on the norwood scale. I'm like a NW5 but with no loss on the crown (tis thinning now though). Looking back at photos from when I was 18-22 I was at a constant NW2/3. I didn't even realise or even consider that there was a problem with my hairline back then, I stand a proud 5ft4 so its not like people couldn't see (and I never had trouble with the ladies). Reading all the posts where people think their lives are over after hitting NW3 has really cheered me up. I am edging more towards avoiding treatements altogether, strimming it really short and working on styling a fantastic beard - thats clearly where all the hair has ended up.
  • ChrisM
    • Jun 2012

I am in full agreement with you. I never thought my life was over due to hair loss.. I am an advanced NW5 with hair loss on the vertex and crown most of the hair there is miniaturized and sparse but making a comeback. Even being bald I was far more successful with the ladies than I was when I had hair but back then in my late teens and early twenties I was socially awkward and did not have any confidence in speaking to women and my dating pool was fairly small to not existent fast forward to my thirties and now I am 41 years old.. I am dating all over the place my confidence and my mannerisms changed for the better. I got buff and athletic and ditched the Clark Kent coke bottle glasses and my skin improved with zero blackheads and acne and pimples and I became successful and independet careerwise. Things I never had in place when I had a full head of hair on my head.

Comment

• Wiffle
      • Nov 2012

Bravo

I hope some of the younger guys are reading these posts.

Comment

• Exodus
        • Nov 2012

Its post's like these we need more of. Im 22, diffuse thinner on vertex and crown. Im considering Fin, but again...the sides. Part of me just wants to shave, tone and move on. I think thats the logical course anyway.

Comment

• AFye
          • Dec 2012

Originally posted by harrison1986
          I have spent some more time now looking around the forums, I've noticed I am definitely not the only one with paranoia about the side effects of using fin. Also many people seem to be really REALLY worried about being a NW2/3.

On closer inspection I would say there is not a picture of my head on the norwood scale. I'm like a NW5 but with no loss on the crown (tis thinning now though). Looking back at photos from when I was 18-22 I was at a constant NW2/3. I didn't even realise or even consider that there was a problem with my hairline back then, I stand a proud 5ft4 so its not like people couldn't see (and I never had trouble with the ladies). Reading all the posts where people think their lives are over after hitting NW3 has really cheered me up. I am edging more towards avoiding treatements altogether, strimming it really short and working on styling a fantastic beard - thats clearly where all the hair has ended up.
          how old are you? At 5'4 I have a hard time believing you had no problem with the ladies. If the ladies were below average it doesn't even count. Most girls I know go crazy over a 6 foot + guy with lots of hair.

Comment

• Wiffle
            • Nov 2012

Originally posted by AFye
            how old are you? At 5'4 I have a hard time believing you had no problem with the ladies.
            Maybe it's time to reconsider your beliefs about such things?

If the ladies were below average it doesn't even count.
            LOL! Wow.

Most girls I know go crazy over a 6 foot + guy with lots of hair.
            You need to get out more and challenge those stereotypes you have in your head, nursed no doubt by popular culture/tv. lol.

Comment

• Wiffle
              • Nov 2012

Originally posted by Exodus
              Its post's like these we need more of. Im 22, diffuse thinner on vertex and crown. Im considering Fin, but again...the sides. Part of me just wants to shave, tone and move on. I think thats the logical course anyway.
              It is - and the confidence you evidence here^ will attract women far more than a head of hair will.

Comment

• BigThinker
                • Oct 2012

Great post.

Yes, people do take this hair loss thing too seriously.. Unfortunately, us younger dudes are babied too much early, and forget how good we have it just to walk this earth. This site continues to put things in perspective for me.

Comment

• harrison1986
                  • Dec 2012

how old are you? At 5'4 I have a hard time believing you had no problem with the ladies. If the ladies were below average it doesn't even count. Most girls I know go crazy over a 6 foot + guy with lots of hair.
                  I'm 26 now and of course they do - there is a difference between not having trouble and having them swarm around you :P. The only thing I had trouble with was dating tall girls - I only remember dating 2 girls taller than me. But little girls can be hot! (and they were ). I know tall hairy guys that are terrible with women because they are just shy. I think The hold steady put it best - "guys go for looks, girls go for status".

Comment

• AFye
                    • Dec 2012

Originally posted by Wiffle

You need to get out more and challenge those stereotypes you have in your head, nursed no doubt by popular culture/tv. lol.
                    Those aren't the stereotypes I see in my head. I see these things in real life.

Comment

• Wiffle
                      • Nov 2012

Those aren't the stereotypes I see in my head. I see these things in real life.
                      You may "see these things" but you are misinterpreting what you see and thereby creating a model of reality that doesn't actually exist.

You no doubt see "many girls" going "crazy" over tall guys with lots of hair.

If Bruce Willis showed up, wouldn't they do the same? Yes. So is it the hair?

Women are attracted first and foremost to status, whether perceived or real. This is why confidence - bearing, how you talk, how you regard them - is so crucially important.

Actually, its the deciding factor: all-too-often, that being "crazy" over that hairy (LOL!) tall guy evaporates if and when they/she actually talks with him.

And yet, on the other hand, I know lots of guys with tons of confidence and little in the way of hair and/or height - and they nearly always get girls, very hot ones too.

Finally, women are almost always competing with each other for the attention of a man with perceived status: they are not "crazy" for him in any meaningful sense. They could care less about him in fact. Rather, he is more an occasion for their rivalry and competition. You're watching that rivalry - which is mostly about their own mutual status among themselves - and imagining that they really are "crazy" about that guy.

Be very careful about taking ANYTHING women do or say at face value. Especially in groups.

Take that bolded statement, print it out, and plaster it all over the place to remind yourself.

Comment

• AFye
                        • Dec 2012

Originally posted by Wiffle
                        You may "see these things" but you are misinterpreting what you see and thereby creating a model of reality that doesn't actually exist.
                        There is no false reality here. Women want status and looks. at my age no one has REAL status so looks is all women go by. you should not have any pride in yourself for dating unattractive women. Its like a house in the ghetto that no one wants to buy and you live there because you can't get anything better.

Its a cruel example but who wants to settle for less?

Comment

• elnino
                          • Sep 2012

just dont read anything posted by highlander. he makes baldness seem like some extraterrestrial disease. his views are quite scary.

Comment

• Wiffle
                            • Nov 2012

There is no false reality here. Women want status and looks. at my age no one has REAL status so looks is all women go by.
                            You need to learn more about status. Status starts in nursery school.

The fact that you are not aware of this is certainly the primary reason you are having problems with women. And not your hair.

Well, that and this whole thing about "dating below" yourself...lol.

Comment

• AFye
                              • Dec 2012

If you think being bald at 17 is not stopping me from getting girls you need to get help. Status and popularity in high school is determined by how you look and not being socially retarded. Mostly by how you look. I've already told you how much I've lowered my standards.

Comment

Working...