• 10-30-2014 12:16 PM
    willowufgood
    8 Attachment(s)
    Kicking Myself. Advice, Recommendations, Support. 28 Years Old.
    Hey. Long time lurker here (well for six months at least). Looking for support, advice, recommendations, anything having finally found the bottle to post.

Basically been creeping up on me that I've been losing my hair and have been in denial for the longest time. Wondering what to do? Obviously stand at the NW3V loss stage. 28 years old so probably too young for a HT. Just started on propecia (1 month in).

What hope do I have to ever recover? Time to just face the music (I don't think I can, don't think I can move on just yet)...Got the money for an op but wondering who to go with (booked in for Feruduni but also keen on Erdogan as he can add to the crown). Thoughts? 29 years old in December.

Been a large part of my depression for a while now but was depressed before this too. Digging deep for courage.

How I style it:

Attachment 35645

How it is in reality:

Attachment 35646
    Attachment 35648
    Attachment 35649
    Attachment 35650
    Attachment 35652
    Attachment 35653

More photos attached...
  • 10-30-2014 12:26 PM
    fred970
    If that's a NW3 then I'm NW9.

This won't end well.

You just have a mature hair line in my opinion.

If you're depressed because of this at almost 30 years old, you need counselling. And no, I'm not joking.

Are we going to have BDD threads like this everyday now?
  • 10-30-2014 01:07 PM
    willowufgood
    Didn't mean to upset you Fred. I'm payed close attention to your case and glad you're making progress with your HT.

If it's not a NW3 what do you think it is then?

You're probably right about the counselling though man. I've tried it before for a whole bunch of things. This is just another thing to handle. How are you getting on mentally these days?
  • 10-30-2014 03:03 PM
    Haircure
    http://www.hairlosshelp.com/websites..._side_comp.jpg

This is what a norwood 3 looks like. You are a norwood 2 which is a normal and mature hairline. Here's some advice, forget about your hair, excessive stress can definitely impact your hair, and take it from me, my hairloss began after numerous stress related incidences. On the bright side, let's say you do have AGA, since you are older it's most likely to progress at a much slower rate as compared to younger guys.
  • 10-30-2014 08:47 PM
    Dan26
    Bro do not listen to these guys...

It is clear as day you have recession and it is going to continue to get worse. For now just stick with fin about a year or two and if things stabilize look into an HT.

You are a tad past the point of just being a mature hairline, You're about right where I am, approaching nw3 ie thinning in that area but can probably cover it up ok (nw2.5).
  • 10-31-2014 03:51 AM
    Hicks
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Dan26 View Post
    Bro do not listen to these guys...

It is clear as day you have recession and it is going to continue to get worse. For now just stick with fin about a year or two and if things stabilize look into an HT.

You are a tad past the point of just being a mature hairline, You're about right where I am, approaching nw3 ie thinning in that area but can probably cover it up ok (nw2.5).

I agree. I was on the big 3 for 14 months before I got my HT. Just being on the meds gave me hope and reduced stress. I've been dealing with my hair for 23 months. I wish I started treating this 5 years ago.

I would still consult 3 hair surgeons. Get options and record progress. Do not buy anything or schedule a HT. Knowing your doing something reduces stress.
  • 10-31-2014 04:06 AM
    Jazz1
    I seriously think the way you style your hair you look good at NW3, personally I would get on the medication BiG3.

1. Finesteride
    2. Minoxidil I would use regaine foam.
    3. Regenepure Dr and NT.
    4. Tretinoin cam 0.025% max to try stimulate growth.

I personally think if the above stops your hairloss you would re consider surgery for now :).
  • 10-31-2014 08:51 AM
    Notcoolanymore
    I agree with the guys who recommend getting on meds. Maybe your hair loss isn't as bad as many on here, but you have recession IMO. Fin is the way to go. Stick with that. It may even fill in your crown. Good luck.
  • 10-31-2014 05:06 PM
    LongWayHome
    Do yourself a favour and don't listen to Fred.
    You see, some people have lost completely their hair, and their life spirit along with it.
    They're like zombies on these kind of forums and they don't care who you are, what stage of hair-loss you're at, because as long as you have some hair you don't have any right to complain.

Of course this is bull****. you are balding, I was at your stage exactly a year ago,
    I didn't do anything and guess what? exactly.

It's great that you're already using propecia, because you're on the borderline,
    and that's a great timing.

I come to this forum once in a while and I see things like this, and get sick. people like willowufgood that come here for help, and then have to apologize to someone because he has "many posts" so he must be a genius. "You need counselling", oh hail the baldtruthtalk's psychiatrist.

Stick with the treatments brother, you're a good looking man too so be proud.
    Good luck.
  • 11-01-2014 02:27 AM
    fred970
    You have the right to complain, just don't blow it out of proportion.

Don't say you're suffering from major depression because of a mature hair line.

You'll understand why I seemed so bitter when you get to the later stages of baldness.
  • 11-02-2014 04:25 PM
    Dan26
    Quote:

Originally Posted by fred970 View Post

You'll understand why I seemed so bitter when you get to the later stages of baldness.

He said ''Been a large part of my depression for a while now but was depressed before this too. Digging deep for courage.''

Common man he isn't even saying it is the sole reason and blowing it out of proportion, and 'digging deep for courage' + posts pictures of himself deserves our empathy and understanding and help.

I agree with you in some instances where nw1s get on here frantic like they're life is over, but this was not the case here.
  • 04-08-2017 03:20 AM
    willowufgood
    Thought I'd give an update.

So I had just started fin a month before originally making this post. 3 years later feel like it's time to take the next step...either shave, accept and give up or run to Turkey and get FUE.

This is how it's looking these days:

http://imgur.com/a/Pa5Dl
  • 04-08-2017 07:56 AM
    Louish
    Quote:

Originally Posted by fred970 View Post

There is no such thing as a "mature hairline", only different levels of receding. His temples are pretty deep and his crown very thin. I don't advocate the use of fina because no amount of hair is worth the consequences on your endocrine system but saying his hair is fine is just plain nonsense. Please refrain to give any advice you are not helping anyone.

As for the OP, just wait and see your results with fina and if your situation is stable in 2 years you could consider a conservative hairline restoration as well as a small addition to your crown. Making sure you get enough nutrient in your food/supplement and limit alcool/drugs/lack of sleep, this will help slow the receding as well, this is something greatly overlooked by most people. The healthier you are the healthier your hair will be but of course this is no cure...
  • 04-08-2017 08:07 AM
    willowufgood
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Louish View Post
    There is no such thing as a "mature hairline", only different levels of receding. His temples are pretty deep and his crown very thin. I don't advocate the use of fina because no amount of hair is worth the consequences on your endocrine system but saying his hair is fine is just plain nonsense. Please refrain to give any advice you are not helping anyone.

As for the OP, just wait and see your results with fina and if your situation is stable in 2 years you could consider a conservative hairline restoration as well as a small addition to your crown. Making sure you get enough nutrient in your food/supplement and limit alcool/drugs/lack of sleep, this will help slow the receding as well, this is something greatly overlooked by most people. The healthier you are the healthier your hair will be but of course this is no cure...

Yep, that's why I've just updated this to show you my results after 3 years of meds...
  • 04-08-2017 08:18 AM
    Louish
    Quote:

Originally Posted by willowufgood View Post
    Yep, that's why I've just updated this to show you my results after 3 years of meds...

Oups didn't see that part! Great results though!
  • 04-08-2017 08:19 AM
    Dan26
    Looks like you have maintained pretty well dude, but it sounds like you are saying you think it got worse?
  • 04-08-2017 01:39 PM
    willowufgood
    Yeh looked worse to me but people viewing pics saying it looks like it's got better/maintained.
  • 04-10-2017 05:17 AM
    bobbysnuts
    Quote:

Thought I'd give an update.

So I had just started fin a month before originally making this post. 3 years later feel like it's time to take the next step...either shave, accept and give up or run to Turkey and get FUE.

This is how it's looking these days:

http://imgur.com/a/Pa5Dl

Look's like to have maintained pretty well!

Have you experienced any sides from Fin?
  • 04-10-2017 08:12 AM
    willowufgood
    Quote:

Originally Posted by bobbysnuts View Post
    Look's like to have maintained pretty well!

Have you experienced any sides from Fin?

No. Can't say I have.
  • 04-10-2017 10:26 AM
    Kyle Kneeland
    Honestly I think your hairline looks great considering it's been 3 years since your initial post. I think I can see a little difference in your temples but it's nothing major at all, especially considering the amount of time that has passed. Ultimately it's your decision but I think you look totally fine with the hairline you have now. The temples are a kind of high but could still be considered 'normal,' if you were to get a transplant it'd definitely be a fairly small one.
  • 04-10-2017 12:24 PM
    Notgivingup2
    Dude, for your age, that is a great head of hair.

The way you style it, I doubt anyone can even tell you're thinning. If I get to your age and still have your Barnet I'd be laughing.
    The fin has done amazingly well, just wish it had worked for me.
  • 04-14-2017 01:29 PM
    willowufgood
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Kyle Kneeland View Post
    Honestly I think your hairline looks great considering it's been 3 years since your initial post. I think I can see a little difference in your temples but it's nothing major at all, especially considering the amount of time that has passed. Ultimately it's your decision but I think you look totally fine with the hairline you have now. The temples are a kind of high but could still be considered 'normal,' if you were to get a transplant it'd definitely be a fairly small one.

If I was to get work done what would you recommend? How many grafts? Super conservative approach? What kind of Norwood am I looking at ending up?
  • 04-14-2017 04:43 PM
    Kyle Kneeland
    Well before any real recommendation I'd want to know more about your family history etc. as well as get you in for an examination to see how your density is doing overall to see if there are any areas that look like they may be thinning out. Based on pictures on the internet alone it's incredibly difficult to tell you what Norwood you'll end up being (likely not one with significant balding based on what you've experienced so far, but you never know for sure).

However, assuming your hair loss won't progress much further, I think a few hundred grafts in each temple just to lower them a bit would make the most sense. Of course if you really would prefer to have the whole hairline lowered that could probably be done, too. In my opinion figuring out where the final hairline will be and it's shape is best when it's a negotiation between the patient's wants and the doctor's recommendations! Hope that helps.
  • 04-14-2017 11:41 PM
    BaldBearded
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Kyle Kneeland View Post
    Well before any real recommendation I'd want to know more about your family history etc. as well as get you in for an examination to see how your density is doing overall to see if there are any areas that look like they may be thinning out. Based on pictures on the internet alone it's incredibly difficult to tell you what Norwood you'll end up being (likely not one with significant balding based on what you've experienced so far, but you never know for sure).

However, assuming your hair loss won't progress much further, I think a few hundred grafts in each temple just to lower them a bit would make the most sense. Of course if you really would prefer to have the whole hairline lowered that could probably be done, too. In my opinion figuring out where the final hairline will be and it's shape is best when it's a negotiation between the patient's wants and the doctor's recommendations! Hope that helps.

How can you "assume" that at 28 his hair loss won't progress much further"?
  • 04-17-2017 11:12 AM
    Kyle Kneeland
    The whole point of my post was saying all the 'requirements' he'd need to meet before being eligible for a transplant, then answering his question about what a potential procedure may entail for him.

And if you read the whole topic you'd see he's now 31, and he has lost barely any hair (if any) over the past 3 years. And most relevant to your concerns, I've said a transplant for him at this point isn't necessary, or did you not read my earlier posts too? Thank you for your concern, though.
  • 04-17-2017 11:36 AM
    nathaniel
    willowufgood: Honestly you look great and if there has been any change in your hairline, you'd need to closely inspect your scalp to detect it. If you really think you look bad in any of those photos, it's the depression talking.

I was about to post my own introductory thread, saying that I think my own hairline is fine - I'm just worried about where it might be headed - but it's clearly a lot further receded than yours!
  • 04-17-2017 11:50 AM
    nathaniel
    Also, I've suffered from very serious depression in the past myself, and the things I've personally found most helpful have been:
    * Recognising the irrationality of many of my self-attacking thoughts, even if only in a theoretical way (it eventually filtered down into emotions)
    * Accepting uncertainty and ignorance, rather than obsessively trying to find answers all the time
    * Running regularly
    * Eating well
    * Avoiding alcohol
    * Plenty of sleep
    * Spending time in nature
    * Being aware of which people, places and activities lift me and which bring me down and trying to manage my life accordingly.

I realise the last bunch is very generic, but they worked for me so worth repeating. It was a very long journey for me, but one with a continuous upward trend.
  • 04-17-2017 12:49 PM
    willowufgood
    Quote:

Originally Posted by nathaniel View Post
    Also, I've suffered from very serious depression in the past myself, and the things I've personally found most helpful have been:
    * Recognising the irrationality of many of my self-attacking thoughts, even if only in a theoretical way (it eventually filtered down into emotions)
    * Accepting uncertainty and ignorance, rather than obsessively trying to find answers all the time
    * Running regularly
    * Eating well
    * Avoiding alcohol
    * Plenty of sleep
    * Spending time in nature
    * Being aware of which people, places and activities lift me and which bring me down and trying to manage my life accordingly.

I realise the last bunch is very generic, but they worked for me so worth repeating. It was a very long journey for me, but one with a continuous upward trend.

This is such a thoughtful response man. Really appreciate it. The advice is golden too. Hope you stay well man and I will try and do the same. Peace.
  • 04-18-2017 03:24 AM
    zurich
    You look like a movie star. You got no reason to be depressed about your appearance. Now I'm depressed. Fin and Minox and Viviscal and Nioxin and DS etc hasn't done anything for me but hit my wallet.
  • 12-29-2017 02:00 AM
    raghavsarin2612
    @willowufgood;

Your story seems very similar to mine .
    Refer the thread I created yesterday-
    https://www.baldtruthtalk.com/thread...-23?highlight=

My hairline has receded but has been the same for almost past 5 years but hair on the top have become thin and fine all over.
    In the pictures you can see I have a full head of hair but the top is thin all over.
    Been on finasteride for almost 3.5 years now . Maybe that has helped.

And speaking of common , suffered depression for close to 2 years . Still have episodes which I try my best to fight.

Looking forward for comments from you.
  • 12-29-2017 07:21 PM
    Ahab
    Quote:

Hey. Long time lurker here (well for six months at least). Looking for support, advice, recommendations, anything having finally found the bottle to post.

Basically been creeping up on me that I've been losing my hair and have been in denial for the longest time. Wondering what to do? Obviously stand at the NW3V loss stage. 28 years old so probably too young for a HT. Just started on propecia (1 month in).

What hope do I have to ever recover? Time to just face the music (I don't think I can, don't think I can move on just yet)...Got the money for an op but wondering who to go with (booked in for Feruduni but also keen on Erdogan as he can add to the crown). Thoughts? 29 years old in December.

Been a large part of my depression for a while now but was depressed before this too. Digging deep for courage.

How I style it:

Attachment 35645

How it is in reality:

Attachment 35646
    Attachment 35648
    Attachment 35649
    Attachment 35650
    Attachment 35652
    Attachment 35653

More photos attached...

That's how it starts. How long before it's all gone you can never know for sure. Sometimes you can go from what you have to Norwood 5 in a year or two. Sometimes a decade or two. It's not at all bad right now, so I wouldn't go taking any drugs because the side effects can be nasty and possibly permanent.

» IAHRS

hair transplant surgeons

» The Bald Truth