• 01-22-2013 02:33 PM
    Breaking Bald
    Met a girl, what to do about mpb???? Help!
    Bleh...I Really like her, she likes me too. I'm worried what happens when she finds out that I am balding. What to do!! What do I do???

1) Wear concealer all the time? But then she will find out eventually right?
    2) Run away!! And be forever lonely...
    3) Wait till she sees it herself?
    4) Straight up tell her and ask her if she is bothered by it?

Maaan, I've been single (for years) and depressed for so long, I don't want this to go wrong :( She's so cute and down to earth as well. I wore concealer on my crown the second time I met her, I doubt she knows I am balding. But if anyone were to put there hands through my hair, it would be very obvious.

****ing mpb man 'destroyer of normal life'. I hate this shit! Why can't I just have a normal life!!
  • 01-22-2013 02:39 PM
    baldozer
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Breaking Bald View Post
    Bleh...I Really like her, she likes me too. I'm worried what happens when she finds out that I am balding. What to do!! What do I do???

Maaan, I've been single (for years) and depressed for so long, I don't want this to go wrong :( She's so cute and down to earth as well. I wore concealer on my crown the second time I met her, I doubt she knows I am balding. But if anyone were to put there hands through my hair, it would be very obvious.

****ing mpb man 'destroyer of normal life'. I hate this shit! Why can't I just have a normal life!!

Don't wear concealer or try to hide anything. I tell you what, when I met my wife I was a NW6 and yet she was so much attracted to me. I didn't even use to shave my head.
  • 01-22-2013 02:40 PM
    Breaking Bald
    So 3 or 4?
  • 01-22-2013 02:42 PM
    baldozer
    Quote:

So 3 or 4?

Next time when you meet her, don't wear the concealer and don't specifically ask her that if she is concerned about it. Just be what you are, that is my advise.
  • 01-22-2013 02:45 PM
    Kayman
    Quote:

It's like I said before man drop the concealer. Just be yourself, don't stress it. You cant hide it from her forever, if she realizes you're wearing concealer it's going to make you look insecure and that's going to be the turn off not your thinning hair. Don't straight up ask her if it bothers her, if you're that worried the next time you go on a date with her crack a light hearted joke about it or something, show her you can laugh about it. See how she reacts.
  • 01-22-2013 02:45 PM
    Breaking Bald
    Ok, noted. Dreading the moment, she asks 'are you losing your hair?'
  • 01-22-2013 02:46 PM
    dex89
    I would go for 4 but after your 100% sure she's into you and probably wants a relationship with you. It seems your the type of person that doesn't whore himself around which I give you kuddos for.

EDIT: or go with Kaymans opinion :)
  • 01-22-2013 02:48 PM
    Breaking Bald
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Kayman View Post
    It's like I said before man drop the concealer. Just be yourself, don't stress it. You cant hide it from her forever, if she realizes you're wearing concealer it's going to make you look insecure and that's going to be the turn off not your thinning hair. Don't straight up ask her if it bothers her, if you're that worried the next time you go on a date with her crack a light hearted joke about it or something, show her you can laugh about it. See how she reacts.

I guess you are right man, I suppose also asking her if it bothers her just highlights that I probably have an issue with it as well, right?
  • 01-22-2013 02:49 PM
    Kayman
    Quote:

Ok, noted. Dreading the moment, she asks 'are you losing your hair?'

Then you say " yeah I'm going bruce willis, what do you think about a buzzcut?" You never know you might get lucky and she might like shaved heads.
  • 01-22-2013 02:52 PM
    Kayman
    Quote:

I guess you are right man, I suppose also asking her if it bothers her just highlights that I probably have an issue with it as well, right?

Bam! Absolutely. The worst thing you can do is be embarrassed by it. If you hook up with her and she's not bothered by it and things get serious, you might find you'll be a little less bothered by it too.
  • 01-22-2013 02:53 PM
    Breaking Bald
    Quote:

Then you say " yeah I'm going bruce willis, what do you think about a buzzcut?" You never know you might get lucky and she might like shaved heads.

It's funny she did mention 4 actors she found really hot were Vin Diesel, Bruce Willis, Jason Stratum and Tom Hardy

3/4 baldies though, not bad odds right?

Fair enough they are all stacked, but I am fairly muscley.
  • 01-22-2013 02:56 PM
    Kayman
    Quote:

It's funny she did mention 4 actors she found really hot were Vin Diesel, Bruce Willis, Jason Stratum and Tom Hardy

3/4 baldies though, not bad odds right?

Fair enough they are all stacked, but I am fairly muscley.

Man come on why are you stressing? She likes the baldies, if you suggested one day you were going to shave your head I would bet she would encourage you
  • 01-22-2013 02:58 PM
    dex89
    Quote:

Man come on why are you stressing? She likes the baldies, if you suggested one day you were going to shave your head I would bet she would encourage you

Yeah, tell her that your thinking about shaving your head and see how she reacts to it.
  • 01-22-2013 02:59 PM
    Breaking Bald
    Quote:

Yeah I dunno man, probably because she sounds waaaaay too good to be true...and she is young like me (23) and i just can't imagine any girl liking bald guys.
  • 01-22-2013 02:59 PM
    Breaking Bald
    Not a bad idea Dex and Kayman :cool:

I appreciate your input btw guys! Very grateful!!
  • 01-22-2013 03:17 PM
    dex89
    No worries mate I did a little but I tried, just try not to get hurt. You seem like you have a good heart, if this doesn't work out then on to the next one. Just keep in mind that not all girls are the same.
  • 01-22-2013 03:18 PM
    Kayman
    Quote:

Yeah I dunno man, probably because she sounds waaaaay too good to be true...and she is young like me (23) and i just can't imagine any girl liking bald guys.

She's already said she likes a bald man, maybe she's already thinking "I cant wait until he shaves that head" just kidding, just relax be yourself, make a light hearted comment or two about your hair loss and see how she reacts. Personally I don't think you have anything to worry about. If she mentions any of those guys again say something like "Yeah I'll be going for the same look soon enough, my hairs getting kind of thin, probably shave it off soon". Then it's done it's out in the open. But most important, drop that concealer don't be tempted to put it on the next time you meet her.
  • 01-22-2013 03:36 PM
    Breaking Bald
    You're very intuitive Dex if you can tell that about me from a forum, kudos. Seeing as the forum doesn't always bring the best out of me. I'll let let you guys know what happens in the following weeks ;)
  • 01-22-2013 04:51 PM
    BigThinker
    Quote:

1) I don't know much about concealer, but I could never imagine using concealer or a wig. I couldn't even imagine the embarrassment that would ensue if a girl found out, especially if while on a date/at a social even. My gut says no.
    2) No. Just now. I've known a handful of guys who pushed girls away for various reasons and it's a vicious snowball. Learn to be the man.
    3) Sure, why not. If it's visible, you probably need to get used to it. Arm yourself with a witty response and practice a cool demeanor.
    4) No. Randomly pointing out that your balding would have to come off as self-conscious. God, please don't do this.

I wanted to address your last sentence also. I've given this a lot of though in respect to my own life. I would think, "I'm so unlucky to be balding - I'm so underprivileged." But, thinking back farther, I can remember being 22 with a full set of hair, and worrying about my clothes, or muscles, or my nose, or my skin, or my hair (how it's styled), other facial aesthetics, etc, etc, etc. I'm certain that if you weren't worried about hair, you'd be worried about something else. We have to learn to just not be worry warts.

I saw some guy post something along the lines of "I'm getting my Bruce Willis on", or whatever. I think it's perfectly legit to arm yourself with a rehearsed, clever response that you can throw back at her without skipping a beat in conjunction with a mild smirk.

Here's a cool article I'm almost positive has already been posted:http://news.menshealth.com/why-bald-...es/2012/07/18/ The hyperlink is pretty descriptive.

Good luck, my friend. Maybe she'll be cool with your thinning or maybe she won't even notice, and all of your hairloss fears will be leveled for eternity. It's definitely not impossible to get girls when your bald - most of the pessimistic whiners on this site just havn't the guts to change their world, or have developed a nasty habit of dwelling in their own misfortunes.
  • 01-22-2013 05:39 PM
    youngandearly
    Speaking from experience, my last gf noticed it when the wind blew my hair out of its regular style. I'm not trying to scare you, just giving my sad experience. The following conversation haunts me to this day.

"Oh my god, are you going bald?" - gf
    "Just starting to, I think"- me
    "Oh no! You'll look like a naked mole rat" - gf

She dumped me shortly thereafter. I can't say if that had anything to do with it but it's been eating away at me. Having her find out was my worst nightmare. You have to tell her though, because she's going to find out eventually. If you get too invested in her and she's shallow enough to care, you're only going to get hurt.

Edit: It may just be something to do with her being a teenager, I hope women are less shallow than girls my age or I'll be single forever.
  • 01-22-2013 05:47 PM
    Dan26
    Bro, if she notices it or mentions it, or if you think she notices it and feel comfortable throwing it out there, just do it with confidence! Have a sense of humor about it, don't act as though it bothers you. If she really likes you she will see right past it man.
  • 01-22-2013 06:31 PM
    mmmcoffee
    just let it happen in casual conversation, dont be too forward about it like everyone said, but dont try and hide it. imagine how relieved you'll be when you find out its not a big deal to her.

my 23 year old friend and his gf have been together since college where he went from a NW2 to a NW5 over the past 4-5 years...theyre still together and hes going to wife her up soon. i dont think it matters as much as people think to women...if they like you, then hair is just a thing on your head
  • 01-24-2013 07:42 AM
    Aames
    You're not on fin are you? Why don't you just bite the bullet and deal with your hair-loss? I never understood why people would use concealers instead of real treatments.
  • 01-24-2013 10:13 AM
    Dan26
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Highlander View Post
    Do not mention the hair loss, whatever you do. Not even as a joke.

Lmao, can always count on you for a laugh man!!!
  • 01-24-2013 01:07 PM
    itsmyhairs
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Dan26 View Post
    Lmao, can always count on you for a laugh man!!!

He's right though.

He's got to get some relationship capital up his sleeve before he shows his balding card, or she'll run like the wind.
  • 01-24-2013 01:30 PM
    Breaking Bald
    Thanks for the continued replies :)

youngandearly, I am very sorry to hear that but as you say she was a teenager and sounds very immature judging from her response.

Aames, I am not on fin no, I'm not risking it. When you say bite the bullet do you mean go on fin? Or just deal with my hair loss?

Highlander, you're probably right, but she is very down to earth and I feel like it wouldn't be a big deal if I did mention it.

So I guess I am gonna take most peoples advice and wait until she notices. Not gonna cover it up anymore to anybody which is a step forward in my eyes.

If it comes up and I'm gonna just be light hearted, confident and have a sense of humour about it as suggested by you all.

aaaannd hopefully it won't bother her :o, if it does? Well I will be extremely crushed! :(
    I am getting very tempted to just shave it all down to grade 1 as it becoming increasing difficult to make it look half decent and style it.
  • 01-24-2013 05:11 PM
    Kayman
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Highlander View Post
    Do not mention the hair loss, whatever you do. Not even as a joke.

Ignore this
  • 01-24-2013 05:12 PM
    Kayman
    Quote:

Originally Posted by itsmyhairs View Post
    He's right though.

He's got to get some relationship capital up his sleeve before he shows his balding card, or she'll run like the wind.

And ignore this
  • 01-24-2013 05:15 PM
    Kayman
    Quote:

Not gonna cover it up anymore to anybody which is a step forward in my eyes.

If it comes up and I'm gonna just be light hearted, confident and have a sense of humour about it as suggested by you all.

I am getting very tempted to just shave it all down to grade 1 as it becoming increasing difficult to make it look half decent and style it.

Sounds like you're on the road to acceptance, you're going to gradually start feeling better about yourself.
  • 01-24-2013 05:16 PM
    BigThinker
    Quote:

And ignore this

Exactly what I was thinking: Like either of those two clowns knows shit about women. You can easily defuse the situation of talking about your balding by making a playful joke and/or talking about it in a chill, calculated, confident manner. Any guy who doesn't think confidence overrides most mild aesthetic flaws needs to get off the internet and lose their V-card.
  • 01-24-2013 11:13 PM
    Exodus
    As above. I was chatting to a friend the other day on Skype who realised I buzzed my hair.

WOW you look cute she says. Whether or not that was genuine who knows, but I'll accept it regardless :P
  • 01-25-2013 08:24 AM
    Aames
    Yes, I mean bite the bullet and get on fin. I just don't understand why people insist on living in agony when fin/dut exist. All the libido and erections in the world will not help you when you are a slick NW7!
  • 01-25-2013 09:01 AM
    Kayman
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Aames View Post
    Yes, I mean bite the bullet and get on fin. I just don't understand why people insist on living in agony when fin/dut exist. All the libido and erections in the world will not help you when you are a slick NW7!

I cant get my head around people who put their hair above their sexual health and well being. Sorry about the half limp **** but check out my hairline.
  • 01-25-2013 09:24 AM
    BigThinker
    Quote:

All the libido and erections in the world will not help you when you are a slick NW7!

You got that backwards. I think you meant, "All the hair in the world won't help you when you have no libido and can't get an erection".
  • 01-25-2013 09:42 AM
    Dan26
    Quote:

I cant get my head around people who put their hair above their sexual health and well being. Sorry about the half limp **** but check out my hairline.

Seriously eh? Especially the younger guys, why would you risk your sexual health when you are in your prime!!!!!
  • 01-25-2013 09:42 AM
    dex89
    Sure, it's embarrassing not to be able to perform sexual activities on a women when she's butt ass naked. Made her feel unattractive and lost connections with her but it was a little sacrifice I did to maintain my hair. Eventually the sides faded away and I was back to normal. It is a scary risk though, not knowing if these sides can harm you permanent or long term. I don't know what I would do if I wasn't be able to perform sex with my hoodies. :(

Keep us posted on your relationship breaking bald:)
  • 01-25-2013 10:04 AM
    Kayman
    Quote:

Originally Posted by dex89 View Post
    Sure, it's embarrassing not to be able to perform sexual activities on a women when she's butt ass naked. Made her feel unattractive and lost connections with her but it was a little sacrifice I did to maintain my hair.

That right there would have made me drop it immediately.
  • 01-25-2013 12:07 PM
    Aames
    Quote:

That right there would have made me drop it immediately.

Sex lasts for an hour a few times a week at a maximum. Beauty, if you take care of yourself, lasts until you're a senior citizen essentially. Being attractive gives you all sorts of power in nearly every situation you find yourself in. You need to start thinking with your larger head first and see the big picture.
  • 01-25-2013 12:39 PM
    Breaking Bald
    Quote:

Sex lasts for an hour a few times a week at a maximum. Beauty, if you take care of yourself, lasts until you're a senior citizen essentially. Being attractive gives you all sorts of power in nearly every situation you find yourself in. You need to start thinking with your larger head first and see the big picture.

Only if you can get up in the first lace...;)

I have to agree with everybody else Aames, going on fin and risking a healthy sex drive does not appeal to me in the slightest, even to save hair! It's not even a logical solution and it was not designed for hair loss. Playing Russian roulette with a young mans hormones is an awful idea IMHO.

I'm guessing you are on it. How long for? What is your age? and have you experienced any sides?

I am not having ago at you or anything, it's the total choice of the individual :cool:
  • 01-25-2013 01:24 PM
    Kayman
    Quote:

I still wouldn't want to go through life suffering from sexual side effects, low libido, inability to sustain erections, if you manage to get one that is which in turn will have an impact on any relationship you have, especially if I was a young man. You would seriously be happy to be a lonely sexual inadequate with genital problems and low self esteem in a trade off for a bit of hair? Do you even know how much your life improves when you have a decent sex life? I'm thinking with the right head, I think your priorities are way off.

» IAHRS

hair transplant surgeons

» The Bald Truth

» Recent Threads