• 12-13-2014 06:58 AM
    Shinobi
    another reason to add vitamin c to your topical
    http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/24524758

Although adipose-derived stem cells (ASCs) show promise for cell therapy, there is a tremendous need for developing ASC activators. In the present study, we investigated whether or not vitamin C increases the survival, proliferation, and hair-regenerative potential of ASCs. In addition, we tried to find the molecular mechanisms underlying the vitamin C-mediated stimulation of ASCs. Sodium-dependent vitamin C transporter 2 (SVCT2) is expressed in ASCs, and mediates uptake of vitamin C into ASCs. Vitamin C increased the survival and proliferation of ASCs in a dose-dependent manner. Vitamin C increased ERK1/2 phosphorylation, and inhibition of the mitogen-activated protein kinase (MAPK) pathway attenuated the proliferation of ASCs. Microarray and quantitative polymerase chain reaction showed that vitamin C primarily upregulated expression of proliferation-related genes, including Fos, E2F2, Ier2, Mybl1, Cdc45, JunB, FosB, and Cdca5, whereas Fos knock-down using siRNA significantly decreased vitamin C-mediated ASC proliferation. In addition, vitamin C-treated ASCs accelerated the telogen-to-anagen transition in C3H/HeN mice, and conditioned medium from vitamin C-treated ASCs increased the hair length and the Ki67-positive matrix keratinocytes in hair organ culture. Vitamin C increased the mRNA expression of HGF, IGFBP6, VEGF, bFGF, and KGF, which may mediate hair growth promotion. In summary, vitamin C is transported via SVCT2, and increased ASC proliferation is mediated by the MAPK pathway. In addition, vitamin C preconditioning enhanced the hair growth promoting effect of ASCs. Because vitamin C is safe and effective, it could be used to increase the yield and regenerative potential of ASCs.
  • 12-13-2014 09:45 AM
    noisette
    And I read an another research, about vitamin B12, which demonstrates a hair growth pro-moting effect of vitamin B 12 in vitro. This effect is accompanied by the modulation of intracellular signal transduction molecules of the wnt-pathway and might promote hair growth after micrograft transplantation.

source : http://www.researchgate.net/publicat..._Transcription
  • 12-14-2014 05:35 AM
    Seuxin
    Which amount do you advice for vitamine C as topical for day ?
  • 12-21-2014 01:35 PM
    lilpauly
    Also vitamin e
  • 12-21-2014 02:34 PM
    Jazz1
    Quote:

Originally Posted by lilpauly View Post
    Also vitamin e

Susan adds vitamin E if needed bro, I wonder if she can add vitamin C? I'm going to try on my next order to formulate glutathione, vitamin E and C seperate mixture.

I just emailed her to ask if she can formulate me the above mixture :).
  • 12-22-2014 08:55 AM
    lilpauly
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Jazz1 View Post
    Susan adds vitamin E if needed bro, I wonder if she can add vitamin C? I'm going to try on my next order to formulate glutathione, vitamin E and C seperate mixture.

I just emailed her to ask if she can formulate me the above mixture :).

jazz ask her about ghk !
  • 12-22-2014 09:04 AM
    inbrugge
    What's a good dosage and method to include Vitamin C and E to regimen?

Is topical vitamins worth anything or will that not penetrate through the scalp? Will it be stable in a compound with Minoxidil and Tretinoin or not?
  • 12-22-2014 04:11 PM
    lilpauly
    One of the best topicals for hair shed is aloe Vera gel. It's cheap
  • 12-22-2014 08:40 PM
    robodoc
    Quote:

Originally Posted by noisette View Post
    And I read an another research, about vitamin B12, which demonstrates a hair growth pro-moting effect of vitamin B 12 in vitro. This effect is accompanied by the modulation of intracellular signal transduction molecules of the wnt-pathway and might promote hair growth after micrograft transplantation.

source : http://www.researchgate.net/publicat..._Transcription

And so does CAFFEINE aid hair growth...helps doubt anyone would notice the difference. Look, not being Debbie Downer, it is just not worth getting your hopes up with Vit C or B12 .When they find the real thing, you won't read about on these blogs but don't hesitate to enjoy the commentary here....that is what you get, commentary.
  • 07-08-2017 11:31 AM
    k9gatton
    Women do make antioxidants in their skin, such as Vitamin C.

There could be some truth in this, although probably not a lot, since estrogen protects and stimulates growth in hair follicles.

There was a show with real medical doctors, and there is a doctor that actually recommends pumpkin seed oil.

» IAHRS

hair transplant surgeons

» The Bald Truth

» Recent Threads

"Trans-friendly hair transplant surgeons recommended?"
02-09-2024 08:47 PM
Last Post By SonopaalFounik
Yesterday 10:32 PM
New hair care regime based on gene / anti-ageing science
02-22-2022 10:45 AM
Last Post By MolinaKim2091
Yesterday 07:28 AM