• 09-13-2013 12:41 PM
    Hair87
    Information needed on DHT blood test levels
    Friends,
    I recently got my DHT levels tested after being on finasteride for 4.5 months (Generic fin by Dr. Reddys).
    5-Alpha-DHT Serum: 709.71 pg/mL (Ref Range: 250-990)

I feel the levels are still very high despite taking finasteride. And I feel this is the reason it is not working for me.

Can anyone guide as to what should be ideal DHT levels on finasteride? How long after being the drug, we should get the DHT levels tested?

I normally take finasteride at night after dinner. I got the test done in morning after 10 hour fasting.
  • 09-14-2013 08:26 AM
    gsr852
    Sorry I can't give you info regarding FIN but I can share my DHT blood test levels 6 months into taking DUT just as a point of comparison.

Reference ranges for DHT vary greatly depending on the lab running the tests (as they vary with any type of blood test you have done). Just had my DHT tested and with a reference range of 16-79 my reading was <5ng/dl.

With that number I feel good that DUT is doing the job with respect to lowering my DHT.
  • 09-14-2013 05:08 PM
    Dr. Glenn Charles
    How many milligrams of Finasteride ( Dr Reddy's) are you taking daily? Did you get your DHT levels checked before you stated taking Finasteride?
  • 09-14-2013 09:05 PM
    Hair87
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr. Glenn Charles View Post
    How many milligrams of Finasteride ( Dr Reddy's) are you taking daily? Did you get your DHT levels checked before you stated taking Finasteride?

Dr Charles,
    I have been taking Dr Reddy's Finax 1 mg daily since 28th April. I have never missed a dose. I got my DHT test done on 7th September.
    Unfortunately i did not get the test done at the start..

» IAHRS

hair transplant surgeons

» The Bald Truth