• 01-05-2014 09:14 AM
    leemanuel
    UK FUT with D Krishnan Ziering
    Hi all

I've been a member for a little while and am now taking the plunge and going for a HT.

I'm 35 years old and have had thinning hair at the frontal and crown area, I've used concealers for the last 4 years.

Have used minoxidil and Propecia on and off too - I've always been crap at keeping it regular, so was forever missing doses.

Since November I have been in a firm routine of 1.25 mg of Fin (from Inhouse Pharmacy) and 5mg Minoxidil (Kirklands).

I've met with Ziering Medical and had a really good and productive consultation and booked in for a 2750 FUT on the 13 Feb 2014, my surgeon will be DR Ganesh Krishnan http://www.ziering.co.uk/meet-the-team/

I will post some unflattering images under light later on showing me at my worst and will continue to post throughout.

I've opted for FUT based on cost and the fact that my hair is worn at a grade 3 at the back and sides so will cover any scaring.
  • 01-05-2014 10:05 AM
    leemanuel
    1 Attachment(s)
    Here are the images
  • 01-05-2014 10:07 AM
    leemanuel
    1 Attachment(s)
    Frontal
  • 01-05-2014 01:58 PM
    rev3
    good luck

from what i can tell of your hair texture and color (hair to skin comparison)
    looks like you are due for a great result

keep us posted
  • 01-12-2014 10:37 AM
    leemanuel
    Ok, so I'm all booked in, but thinking of a last min change.......

I was having 2750 in the frontal area (Ziering suggested 2250) but am thinking of calling and having the suggested 2250 at the front an the remaining 500 I've paid for around the crown.

What would you guys suggest ? Any I put would be appreciated.
  • 01-12-2014 08:07 PM
    Notcoolanymore
    Quote:

Originally Posted by leemanuel View Post
    Ok, so I'm all booked in, but thinking of a last min change.......

I was having 2750 in the frontal area (Ziering suggested 2250) but am thinking of calling and having the suggested 2250 at the front an the remaining 500 I've paid for around the crown.

What would you guys suggest ? Any I put would be appreciated.

I was going to ask you where you plan on putting the grafts, but you answered that here. You don't think your crown will thicken up using fin. I am older then you and my crown has filled in some using the same regimen as you.
  • 01-13-2014 02:28 AM
    joely
    lEEMANUEL, THANK YOU FOR YOUR POST, THIS ONE IS VERY ONTERESTING TO ME AS MY HAIRLOSS IS ALMOST EXACTLY THE SAME EXCEPT A LITTLE THINNER IN THE CROWN AND I HAVE A CONSULTATION WITH ZIERING IN BROMSGROVE THIS WEEK, CAN I ASK DID YOU GO TO THE BROMSGROVE CLINIC? PLEASE KEEP RESULTS UPDATED.
  • 01-13-2014 12:29 PM
    leemanuel
    I might go for frontal only and have a year on Fin, then reassess from there.

Will speak with Dr Krishnan to see what he thinks too.
  • 01-13-2014 12:31 PM
    leemanuel
    Quote:

Originally Posted by joely View Post
    lEEMANUEL, THANK YOU FOR YOUR POST, THIS ONE IS VERY ONTERESTING TO ME AS MY HAIRLOSS IS ALMOST EXACTLY THE SAME EXCEPT A LITTLE THINNER IN THE CROWN AND I HAVE A CONSULTATION WITH ZIERING IN BROMSGROVE THIS WEEK, CAN I ASK DID YOU GO TO THE BROMSGROVE CLINIC? PLEASE KEEP RESULTS UPDATED.

I will keep you informed, I'm impressed so far and whilst this is my first HT, I'm pretty well experienced with cosmetic procedures already.
  • 01-16-2014 07:54 AM
    joely
    Leemauel,

I went to Bromsgrove yesterday and had a consultation with Steve, I must have had the same experience as you, I found him very professional and informative offering advice one what would be best, I have had several consultations over the last six months with the big named clinics on these forums and I felt better after this than any of those, Dr Krishnan also came and spoke to me himself with his advice in what I imagine would have been his lunch break.

So today I have booked my procedure FUE for 3rd and 4th April and they have also given me the discount that was for having a procedure before the end of March, Very exited now and looking forward to seeing how you get on
  • 01-18-2014 01:50 PM
    leemanuel
    Great to hear you had the same confidence in Steve and Dr Krishnan as me.

I'm on countdown now to my op 13 Feb
  • 01-25-2014 10:29 AM
    C21
    Quote:

Great to hear you had the same confidence in Steve and Dr Krishnan as me.

I'm on countdown now to my op 13 Feb

How did you find your experience with Dr Krishnan? I've also recently booked with him, i was really impressed after the initial consultation.
  • 01-26-2014 03:23 AM
    C21
    Following consultations with about 5 practices I'm also having my HT with Dr Krishnan in April. It's comforting to hear others were equally as impressed. Counting down the days!
  • 01-26-2014 08:39 AM
    joely
    Congrats C21, im very confident with my coice, What dates in April are you having the procedure? and are you going FUE or strip and how many grafts.

Joely
  • 01-26-2014 12:36 PM
    C21
    I'm having mine on the 22nd in Beomsgrove 2500 FUE grafts. What about yourself?

It will be quiet interesting to know of someone else having treatment within a matter of weeks. Will be good to share progress & experience.
  • 01-30-2014 01:37 AM
    joely
    C21, in having 2750 fue in Bromsgrove over 3rd and 4th April, really can't wait for it now!

will definitely be good to share our progress and experience, leemanual is up a couple of months before us so hopefully he will keep us updated;
  • 01-30-2014 03:22 PM
    C21
    Yeah I can't wait either I'm hoping the next 80 off days fly by .. Then it's 6-12 months to start seeing some results! Still not decided if I'm telling anyone at work about it or whether to hope I don't suffer with too much redness & pass it off as the regaine working miracles!
  • 02-02-2014 03:52 AM
    joely
    Im hoping redness does not last to long I have 14 days of work after my procedure im hoping the redness will have gone, I have only told two people at work who I would consider friemds the other 300 people who I work with im hoping will just think iv shaved my head. 60 days away for me
  • 02-02-2014 06:18 AM
    leemanuel
    1 Attachment(s)
    Hi all, think it's really good we've all had the same strong first impressions from Ziering UK, there's so little out there in re feedback from UK surgeons.

I'm in on 13 Feb for 2750 in one procedure - counting down the days, would be really good if we can get lots of pre and post surgery pics so others have a good indication too.

Here's some more of mine taken today, I've haspd the sides trimmed as my hair is crazy thick at the aids and back, but sparse on top :mad:
  • 02-02-2014 06:19 AM
    leemanuel
    1 Attachment(s)
    A few more images
  • 02-02-2014 06:21 AM
    leemanuel
    1 Attachment(s)
    On top
  • 02-02-2014 12:35 PM
    joely
    You are absolutely right there is not enough on uk surgeons and i think despite what people say UK does have some good surgeons! I will defiantly be posting regular updates, starting end of march a few days before my procedure! I myself have struggled to find much on Dr Krishnan on the forums and if it helps others thinking of going with him then brilliant

have you spoken to dr Krishnan about where the grafts are going to go?

and are you local to Bromsgrove?
  • 02-02-2014 01:08 PM
    leemanuel
    Quote:

On top

I'm up in Yorkshire, so am traveling down for the op.

We've agreed to focus on the frontal area and see if the Propecia promotes anything around the crown, but I'm going to discuss it all again on the day of the op.

The front is what bothers me the most.
  • 02-03-2014 07:05 AM
    C21
    Quote:

Im hoping redness does not last to long I have 14 days of work after my procedure im hoping the redness will have gone, I have only told two people at work who I would consider friemds the other 300 people who I work with im hoping will just think iv shaved my head. 60 days away for me

I've told some family members but would ideally like to keep it private at work- I'm the same as you though I work in an office with several hundred people so it should be interesting!! A bit of me hopes that the shedding starts before I go back to work on day 14 as I could be going into work with a full hairline of grafts which will be difficult to get around!
  • 02-03-2014 07:07 AM
    C21
    I'll also pop some posts on a few weeks before so we can all compare progress!
  • 02-10-2014 10:15 PM
    C21
    Wishing you all the best for Thursday Leemanuel! Bet you can't wait!
  • 02-11-2014 11:37 AM
    leemanuel
    Quote:

Originally Posted by C21 View Post
    Wishing you all the best for Thursday Leemanuel! Bet you can't wait!

Thank you
  • 02-11-2014 02:31 PM
    joely
    Yes all the best leemanuel, are you all prepared for it?

keep us updated!
  • 02-16-2014 06:57 AM
    leemanuel
    Hi all

I've been taking lots of pictures, will uploads soon.

The surgery was great, Dr Krishnan and the team treated me so so well, I genuinely did feel like they cared and had my best interests in mind.

I took a sedative so was very drowsy during the actual surgery, pain was minimal, I'm 3 days post op now, had some swelling and pain, but they sent me away with an aftercare kit and medication which has really helped.

Things look really good at the moment.
  • 02-16-2014 04:20 PM
    C21
    Really glad to hear all went well for you! It's all progress from here now! Just over two months and I'll be in your shoes!

Out of curiosity, are either of you intending to take medication after surgery? I've been using Minoxidil for a year now, but haven't tried Propecia. I'm a bit put off by the side effects associated with it, but also feel like I'm missing out on what appears to be the main preventative after a HT.
  • 02-16-2014 04:29 PM
    joely
    Leemanuel, glad it went well, very encouraging to hear! Where did you finally decide to have the grafts placed? Does the sedative send you to sleep and which part of it did you feel any discomfort?

c21 i use propecia as it is and a hair strengthening shampoo, but not minox out of personal preference and i have not had any sides so i have been lucky! Its also my plan to carry on the same routine after the procedure!
  • 02-18-2014 11:57 AM
    leemanuel
    Hi

I decided to have all the grafts in the frontal area, Dr Krishnan was very supportive of the use of propecia and minoxidil for my crown, he said they work well there.

The sedative was diazepam, being honest I was aware of what was happening, cutting/positioning etc, but it was all bearable. I managed to watch one film, but never got my phone or ipad out. Had a couple of breaks to use the loo and eat.

To be fair the time went pretty quickly, I'm now at the stage where it's a waiting game - will I shed, when will I shed, M I shedding or are the grafts falling out :)

I've found its been more of a drain than I expected, I kinda thought it would all be ok after a few days and I'd be back at work, but being realistic and wanting to look after myself, I'm going to be taking 14-21 days out from work.

My scaring at the back look absolutely amazing given that it's only day 5.
  • 02-18-2014 12:24 PM
    inspects
    Quote:

I might go for frontal only and have a year on Fin, then reassess from there.

Will speak with Dr Krishnan to see what he thinks too.

Good idea...that is what I did, then jumped on Fin and Minox. I can truly say my crown has improved 100% compared to pre-fin and minox.

I'm glad I didn't waste many grafts in the crown, I think they put about 100 grafts in the crown, but it worked, there is no visible skin now when my hair is normal length, meaning a haircut above the ears, like my old avatar photo.
  • 02-18-2014 03:08 PM
    C21
    Quote:

c21 i use propecia as it is and a hair strengthening shampoo, but not minox out of personal preference and i have not had any sides so i have been lucky! Its also my plan to carry on the same routine after the procedure!

I'm really tempted to give propecia a chance. If I didn't read online & purely listened to the numerous consultations I had, I would have taken it straight away without any thought.

Dr Krishnan was actually the first Dr to tell me not to take it as me & the Mrs have plans to start a family soon. I may wait until afterwards and give it a try.
  • 02-18-2014 03:16 PM
    C21
    Quote:

To be fair the time went pretty quickly, I'm now at the stage where it's a waiting game - will I shed, when will I shed, M I shedding or are the grafts falling out :)

I've found its been more of a drain than I expected, I kinda thought it would all be ok after a few days and I'd be back at work, but being realistic and wanting to look after myself, I'm going to be taking 14-21 days out from work.

My scaring at the back look absolutely amazing given that it's only day 5.

I didn't realise some people don't shed from the recipient area? I thought it was a given to go through the 'ugly duckling phase' and the grafts to start growing from the roots after around 4 months?

I've only got 13 days off work.. I've opted for FUE so hopefully that will trim down the recovery a bit. The post op redness is my biggest concern though. I don't think I'll have the guts to walk into work on Day 13 if it's bright red!

Did you choose to pay for the graphicyte pack? I've heard its quiet effective and helps with the recovery. How have you found the post op routine with remembering what to do and at what times? I've had to save a few website links to help remind me on which days I'll be able to start showering properly with a bit more rigorous shampooing!
  • 02-21-2014 03:59 PM
    leemanuel
    Ok, thought I should put some more pics up.

Am still pretty sore, it's a week post op now, I did take the graft care pack - copper bandages and spray, to be honest I thought it would just be a gimmick of overpriced crap, but it does seem to have aided healing, so yep I'd recommend it.

Still no major shedding that I've noticed, but will keep you all posted.
  • 02-21-2014 04:01 PM
    leemanuel
    1 Attachment(s)
    This was me just before going into surgery, you can clearly see my "problem area"
  • 02-21-2014 04:03 PM
    leemanuel
    1 Attachment(s)
    This was after surgery was completed.

BTW should I be able to add multiple images? I can only seem to add 1 at a time?
  • 02-21-2014 04:06 PM
    leemanuel
    1 Attachment(s)
    The day after surgery
  • 02-21-2014 04:07 PM
    leemanuel
    1 Attachment(s)
    This was 2 days after surgery

» IAHRS

hair transplant surgeons

» The Bald Truth