Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • mark-1
    • Mar 2009

Celebrity concealer

Matthew McConaughey looks like he is using some sort of concealer at the Oscars.

This is disappointing as I thought he had a very successful hair transplant. It wasn't that successful after all.

• Notcoolanymore
    • Jun 2013

I thought he wore a piece. Probably a piece and concealer.

Comment

• 35YrsAfter
      Doctor Representative
      • Aug 2012

Originally posted by mark-1
      Matthew McConaughey looks like he is using some sort of concealer at the Oscars.

This is disappointing as I thought he had a very successful hair transplant. It wasn't that successful after all.

Strong lighting can often make minor thinning look quite a bit worse. Makeup artists often catch this before the talent goes live or during rehearsal. I often see touch up that looks a tad artificial. I remember spotting some fake looking hair on King Théoden during one outdoor scene in Lord of the Rings.

35YrsAfter also posts as CITNews and works at Dr. Cole's office
      Cole Hair Transplant
      1070 Powers Place
      Atlanta, GA USA
      The contents of my posts are my opinions and not medical advice
      Last edited by 35YrsAfter; 02-22-2015, 06:10 PM.

Comment

• Jotronic
        • Nov 2008

There was some pretty extensive wig work on all of the characters from LOTR. Wigs and strong concealer treatment is almost always required nowawdays. I was talking to one celebrity that was one of our patients and we were speaking about this very issue. He had a completely full head of hair save for some very minor recession and he told me that the he is rarely on camera without the makeup department putting Dermatch in his hair. "Hollywood doesn't like scalp" is what he told me. Every time I turn on the TV or watch a movie I can't help but look for this. It's almost like a game for me, "spot the wig or concealer".
        www.HassonandWong.com

All opinions are my own and may not necessarily be shared by Dr. Wong and/or Dr. Hasson.

If you are interested in having an online consultation visit www.hassonandwong.ca

To view my story and history visit my website at www.hairtransplantmentor.com

Comment

• Dr. Glenn Charles
          IAHRS Recommended Hair Transplant Surgeon
          • Nov 2008

The concealers and hair systems are always more obvious to those who suffer from hair loss. Then there is all other people who are not that aware of these things and think these celebrities all just have great hair.
          Dr. Glenn Charles
          Member, International Alliance of Hair Restoration Surgeons
          View my IAHRS Profile

Comment

Working...