• 10-30-2009 05:04 PM
    tbtadmin
    Long Time Listener Mark Calls in About His Experience With Dr. Victor Hasson
    Long time listener and hair transplant veteran Mark calls in to discuss how hair loss affected his life, and how undergoing hair transplant surgery with Dr. Victor Hasson helped him to evolve into who he is today.

• 11-02-2009 12:17 PM
    hdude46
    Spencer, you have been taking 5mg of proscar daily for 15 yrs? Or did you mean you take 5mg proscar quartered daily?

On that note, I got a prescription for proscar that I fill at my local pharmacy. They give me the dr. reddy's generic proscar which I quarter. Is this ok, or should I be asking for the Merck brand? I know Dr. Reddy's and merck have some sort of agreement that allows them to distribute a generic but wondered if it was still as effective being a generic even tho i do get it from a reliable source.

Great story on Mark, would love to see some photos of his if there is any way to do that. thanks!
  • 11-02-2009 03:04 PM
    SpencerKobren
    Quote:

Originally Posted by hdude46 View Post
    Spencer, you have been taking 5mg of proscar daily for 15 yrs? Or did you mean you take 5mg proscar quartered daily?

On that note, I got a prescription for proscar that I fill at my local pharmacy. They give me the dr. reddy's generic proscar which I quarter. Is this ok, or should I be asking for the Merck brand? I know Dr. Reddy's and merck have some sort of agreement that allows them to distribute a generic but wondered if it was still as effective being a generic even tho i do get it from a reliable source.

Great story on Mark, would love to see some photos of his if there is any way to do that. thanks!

No, you heard it correctly, I take one Proscar tablet daily.
    I personally prefer to use the brand name medication, but the generic seems to be legit.
  • 11-02-2009 03:19 PM
    hdude46
    Thanks Spencer. would you recommend I up my dosage? Why is it that you take so much? Is 1mg less effective or something?

Also, is shedding still normal on proscar. I have only been on it three months, no discernable difference thus far as far as i can tell, but i still shed hair. the hair i do shed seems darker than before, and is often fair short too. i think i shed as much as a did before treatment, maybe a bit less. what are your thoughts on all this?

thanks and love the show!
  • 11-04-2009 04:45 PM
    Jotronic
    We appreciate Mark going onto Spencer's show to share his story. A few years back Mark also came back to the clinic to share his story on video.

• 11-28-2009 05:07 PM
    Winston
    What a powerful interview! It’s fascinating to hear people’s story.
  • 12-19-2009 01:41 PM
    J_B_Davis
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Winston View Post
    What a powerful interview! It’s fascinating to hear people’s story.

I agree, it’s nice to hear patients discuss why they went through surgery and how it makes them feel. Before and after pictures never tell the whole story. I’ve always enjoyed the way Spencer runs his show. You would think that discussing hair loss would be boring but he makes it cool! I can’t put my finger on it, but he has a very special personality and a way of expressing himself that makes you feel like he’s speaking directly to you. I guess it’s called the X factor.:)
    I’d like to hear more interviews like this.

» IAHRS

hair transplant surgeons

» The Bald Truth

» Recent Threads

Sun Exposure after Hair Transplant
02-26-2009 02:36 PM
Last Post By SarahCarter
04-22-2024 04:24 PM
Scar Grafting with Dr Cole
06-21-2012 02:00 PM
Last Post By northeastguy
04-22-2024 10:14 AM