Monistat for hair growth?

Printable View

• 10-25-2011 07:36 PM
    Thinning@30
    Monistat for hair growth?
    I recently came across another set of forums in which women were discussing the use of Monistat (yes, the stuff women use to treat infections) as an off-label treatment for hair growth and also to combat scalp conditions such as seborrheic dermatitis that cause itchiness and flaking.

The idea was that the active ingredient in Monistat, miconazole nitrate is a strong antifungal that kills yeasts on the surface of the skin and provides the optimal environment for hair growth. From what I can tell, OTC Monistat has a much higher percentage of active ingredient (4.0%) than OTC Nizoral (1.0%). Has anyone heard of Monistat for hair loss and scalp conditions before? What would the side effects be?

At any rate, my own itchy scalp has not responded to Clobex, nizoral, T gel, or anything else, and I'm getting desperate. I've been to two different dermatologists, and so far nothing has worked. At this point, I'd put just about anything on my scalp if I thought it would make the itchiness go away.
  • 10-25-2011 10:30 PM
    VictimOfDHT
    I don't know. For several months all the rave was about this, especially on some forums like regrowth.com then it all died down. So I don't know what happened.

» IAHRS

hair transplant surgeons

» The Bald Truth

» Recent Threads

purchase requisition in business central
12-19-2023 05:38 AM
Last Post By David9232
Today 11:39 AM
Sun Exposure after Hair Transplant
02-26-2009 02:36 PM
Last Post By gisecit34
Today 10:12 AM