• 11-13-2011 06:12 PM
    jgq85
    Considering micro hair tattooing, at least for my scar
    This is the scar on my head from 2 years ago from a hair transplant and I'm considering micro hair tattooing either to do just the scar, or over the scar and everywhere else the provider sees fit (and that I agree to).

http://i.imgur.com/0hvqi.png

I'm wondering if my scar would be too difficult to conceal with the micro hair tattoo technique or if I should just leave it alone.

Right now my hair's grown a bit (about a #4 on top, or finger-length trimmed) and around head is about #3.5 guard) and I use Dermatch to cover up crown and frontal area.

Getting tired of the dermatch and topik because I can never scratch my head without getting that dark matter in my fingers.

As far as I know this MHT technique is the only hope, at least for today.

Anyone have suggestions or before/after pics of the MHT process please share.

The Artistry Concepts thread I originally came across here is from 2009, closed, and none of the linked pictures are visible.

Artistry Concepts is what I'm leaning towards since they told me I have to wait 2 years for my scar to heal, whereas His hair clinic told me just to wait 6 months for the scar to heal. Seems like Artistry is more cautious but I haven't decided yet. Am just leaning towards them.
  • 11-14-2011 02:00 AM
    8868alex
    Hi

Considering that you have shaven right down to the bone, I actually think the scar looks pretty good. I would be cautious about a tattoo, but I guess it is concievable if you are just looking to conceal a scar. I would consider a small scale FUE procedure as well. However, if you wear you hair cut close then maybe the surgeon would need to advise on how successful this would be. Can I ask why you shave your head if you used the strip method? was it always your intention to do so? For what it's worth the whole thing is presentable and you've obviously healed quite well!
  • 11-14-2011 07:08 AM
    jgq85
    Do you mean small Scale FUE as far as implanting hairs into the scar? Should I do that before or after a tattoo?

After my HT operation, I grew the hair out. About 11 months later I shaved my head to see what the scar was like. I think I may have a little makeup over the scar in this pic now that I think bout it. But I was just shaving real close.

The reason I got a scar was because I went with a HT provider that I think I found here or another bald-truth type of website that had a list of "endorsed providers". I was not aware of any FUE procedure options at that time.
  • 11-14-2011 10:39 AM
    8868alex
    Hi

Yes, to implant into the scar area. I would see a good FUE doctor and get a consultation before going the Tattoo route. I am no expert, just a well read layman and have heard of this type of procedure before. Jury is out on Artistry concepts and the whole Micro pigmentation procedure itself. There are stories relating too the colour fading, turning green, etc. Like I said, I'm no expert so check out both options.
  • 12-16-2011 07:02 PM
    I Wish Hair Grew
    certainly get the micro-pigmentation. The only issue with FUE only is that, unless you're doing a few mega sessions, then you won't achieve density, if you take a moment to think about it, is what we all want

So for your scar, if you were to get a FUE complimented with a micro-pigmentation you would be good.......but why not do the same for the rest of your head
  • 08-11-2012 08:14 AM
    Stevie R
    Hey bro what happened? Did you fix that scar?How wide is it? I am interested as I too want to fix the scar...

» IAHRS

hair transplant surgeons

» The Bald Truth

» Recent Threads

1800 graft repair case results by Dr. Lindsey
Yesterday 08:38 AM
Last Post By Dr. Lindsey
Yesterday 08:38 AM
Navigating the German Job Market as a Kenyan Citizen
11-04-2023 06:31 AM
Last Post By Keegan212
Yesterday 03:51 AM