• 01-23-2009 07:41 AM
    jhoff1010
    Recommendations for doctors in NJ
    My mother has been stuggling with hair loss for quite a while. She has gone to a few doctors but they have either brushed her aside or had the worst bed side manner. Can anyone provide me with some names of understanding, sympathetic doctors that she can meet with and talk to?

Thanks
  • 02-12-2009 02:33 PM
    Geoffrey Redmond, MD, FACE
    Quote:

Originally Posted by jhoff1010 View Post
    My mother has been stuggling with hair loss for quite a while. She has gone to a few doctors but they have either brushed her aside or had the worst bed side manner. Can anyone provide me with some names of understanding, sympathetic doctors that she can meet with and talk to?

Thanks

Very few doctors are knowledgeable about hair loss. I have many patients from NJ come to see me in Manhattan so presumably they were not able to find help in NJ.

Doctors are simply not taught anything about hair in medical school. Dermatologists have no formal training about hormones and so are not really equipped to diagnose or treat hormonal hair loss. I have been giving lectures to doctors about hair loss for more than 20 years but the situation has not changed, so far as I can tell. My book, It's Your Hormones, contains sufficient detail for doctors to diagnose and treat their patients but many are unwilling to follow recommendations from a book also intended for lay people.

» IAHRS

hair transplant surgeons

» The Bald Truth

» Recent Threads

How can I promote my own business?
08-31-2022 01:29 PM
Last Post By samibaceri
Today 01:30 AM
Dr Woods doinf European tour?
09-15-2012 03:44 AM
by didi
Last Post By kathysmith