• 05-03-2012 08:54 AM
    tbtadmin
    Spencer Kobren Interviews Replicel's CEO Concerning Latest Clinical Trial Results
    Spencer Kobren Interviews Replicel's CEO Havid Hall about the Interim Analysis of Data From The Company's First-in-man TS001-2009 Clinical Trial

• 05-03-2012 09:34 AM
    ccmethinning
  • 05-03-2012 09:40 AM
    gmonasco
  • 05-03-2012 10:08 AM
    amadeus
    I have to feed the trolls this one time:) It’s so disgusting how the poisonous hairsite crew try to pump their poison into everything. I thought it was a great interview and I don’t see fools like ccmethining or NeedhairASAP doing anything like this, you know why because they are losers and can’t accomplish shit themselves. Kobren asked all of the questions that were on my mind and he also got to the bottom of the Tobin Smith thing and the retractions. I personally had no idea that you can buy Tobin Smith’s backing which I find a bit disturbing. These trolls are pure poison and should be ignored, I agree gmonaso, but they are like a gang of internet thugs that need to be put in their place.
  • 05-03-2012 10:14 AM
    Gjm127
    So basically, positive news is that they're going to phase 2 and will try optimal dosing this time now that safety concerns are out of the way. This is great news IMO.

Also, we'll get more results after the 12 month mark for the phase 1 patients as I am sure they will get better with time.

People, RELAX and be happy that there are still 3 big companies still going at it!
  • 05-03-2012 10:15 AM
    mack_435
    Summary
    3 women patients were elimated due to cells shipped at wrong temperature.

Our of all percentages given total density most important. 6.1% is the average at all 16 patients. Some patients had total density increases in the teens some were below baseline.

The male candidates in the test group were NW 3 - Nw 5. The injections took place were there was some terminal hairs but also some visible thinning, the injections took place in the VERTEX.

In response to people saying that the treatment worked better on animals than humans. 6 months in a human life is years in an animals life, they would respond different than us.

Hope to start the next trail of 50-100 people before year end. Will be doing different doses at different frequencies.

Said they will provide more updates in the future.

Few positives to take forward.

They saw some positive results, enough to warrant moving ahead to the next trail.

Few negatives:

He said, "treatment not going to wrok for everybody" even though I think he meand the treatment not going to work the same for everybody. He also said its a long path way.
  • 05-03-2012 10:19 AM
    Tracy C
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Gjm127 View Post
    So basically, positive news is that they're going to phase 2 and will try optimal dosing this time now that safety concerns are out of the way. This is great news IMO.

This is good news. Thank goodness some people are able to see it.

Quote:

Also, we'll get more results after the 12 month mark for the phase 1 patients as I am sure they will get better with time.

I am also certain the results will improve over time. It makes complete and perfect sense that it would.

Quote:

People, RELAX and be happy that there are still 3 big companies still going at it!

My fear right now is that all this BS negativity can stop Replicel in their tracks. That would be a tragedy.
  • 05-03-2012 10:21 AM
    Winston
    Another great interview Spencer. Thank you for what you do. As Joe from Staten Island says “You’re a real mench!” I’m cautiously optimistic, like yourself, and at least now we have a better understanding of the results thanks to you.
    Thanks for the awesome summery mack_435!
  • 05-03-2012 10:32 AM
    PayDay
    Wow! I feel so much better now. Very interesting interview, I found Hall’s point about the animal studies extremely relevant. I never actually thought of it that way before. Everyone should just ignore some of the ignorant people coming here from hairsite, amadeus is right on when he calls them poisonous. If you ever go to that site you’ll see what he means. It’s ridiculous. They are very malicious, bitter people over there. It’s unfortunate that they have made their way onto this forum.
  • 05-03-2012 11:05 AM
    Maradona
    Quote:

Originally Posted by ccmethinning View Post

Spencer was playing ball like Maradona !

http://thepanenka.files.wordpress.co...96_468x534.jpg

I agree with tracyC I think naysayers like us should stay away from these topics. If we know the truth, then so be it, let's not ruin it for the others. Maybe they will be right at the very end!

Naysayers should move on to other things and let the optimistic guys alone.

If we have a negative opinion, let's keep it to ourselves. We are hurting too many people including the company's small chance to progress.
  • 05-03-2012 11:16 AM
    jman91
    My fear right now is that all this BS negativity can stop Replicel in their tracks. That would be a tragedy.[/QUOTE]

replicel will probably get what they deserve and go bust anyway, at least then you guys cant spread poisonous false hope.
  • 05-03-2012 11:17 AM
    jman91
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Tracy C View Post
    My fear right now is that all this BS negativity can stop Replicel in their tracks. That would be a tragedy.

replicel will probably get what they deserve and go bust anyway, at least then you guys cant spread poisonous false hope.*
  • 05-03-2012 11:17 AM
    gmonasco
    Quote:

Originally Posted by jman91 View Post
    replicel will probably get what they deserve and go bust anyway, at least then you guys cant spread poisonous false hope.

http://www.obamaconspiracy.org/wp-co.../02/DNFTT2.jpg
  • 05-03-2012 11:20 AM
    jman91
    Quote:

are you kidding me?

i'm starting to think the reason you post this somewhere in almost every thread is just to get your numbers up, pathetic.
  • 05-03-2012 11:21 AM
    Winston
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Maradona View Post
    Spencer was playing ball like Maradona !

http://thepanenka.files.wordpress.co...96_468x534.jpg

I agree with tracyC I think naysayers like us should stay away from these topics. If we know the truth, then so be it, let's not ruin it for the others. Maybe they will be right at the very end!

Naysayers should move on to other things and let the optimistic guys alone.

If we have a negative opinion, let's keep it to ourselves. We are hurting too many people including the company's small chance to progress.

None of us really know the “truth.” All we know is what is presented to us and how we interpret it. To make an inference that Spencer was somehow dancing around any issues in the interview is uncalled for Maradona, Spencer does not deserve that. You always seemed like such a reasonable person on this forum, I’m a little shocked.
  • 05-03-2012 11:24 AM
    john2399
    I found it funny from the interview in where spencer says we are all desperate for some hair and david hall says i understand. The dude is like 65 with a full head of hair, he understands nothing lol. Anyway, Hall did sound like he was pleased with the results and he cared mostly about safety and did not have much concern on the regrowth yet.. Im guessing he is expecting much greater results at 1 year or else why the hell would he even continue with replicel if it only has 3 percent regrowth. The best point in the interview is def when he compares the animal trials to humans and describes how 6 months in humans is years in mice, so that is hope that it takes time.
  • 05-03-2012 11:29 AM
    gmonasco
    Quote:

Originally Posted by john2399 View Post
    I found it funny from the interview in where spencer says we are all desperate for some hair and david hall says i understand. The dude is like 65 with a full head of hair, he understands nothing lol.

So only psychologists who are themselves mentally ill can understand mental illness, right?
  • 05-03-2012 11:41 AM
    jman91
    Quote:

Originally Posted by gmonasco View Post
    So only psychologists who are themselves mentally ill can understand mental illness, right?

gmonasco is a troll. Do not feed the trolls.
  • 05-03-2012 11:49 AM
    Maradona
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Winston View Post
    None of us really know the “truth.” All we know is what is presented to us and how we interpret it. To make an inference that Spencer was somehow dancing around any issues in the interview is uncalled for Maradona, Spencer does not deserve that. You always seemed like such a reasonable person on this forum, I’m a little shocked.

I was being sarcastic! Spencer did throw some hard questions like images,few growth etc.

Don't think I am a reasonable person. I lost my mind last week, take anything I say with a grain of salt. I am just very disappointed.

There is one thing that seems unreasonable to me: as you know i was the one who brought gc83uk pictures to this forum and it seems to me most of you refuse to investigate this further. You guys aren't even curious and ignored that post for months!
  • 05-03-2012 11:51 AM
    blowmeup
    Quote:

gmonasco is a troll. Do not feed the trolls.

Come on guys, can’t we just stop the BS and be adults around here? I love this forum, but I don't post much because of crap like this.
    I don't know why there is even a debate about this? Kobren conducted a very good interview and Hall explained his position. If Replicel doesn't work then it doesn't work. We are no worse off then we are now. At least they are trying.
  • 05-03-2012 11:57 AM
    jman91
    Quote:

Originally Posted by blowmeup View Post
    Come on guys, can’t we just stop the BS and be adults around here? I love this forum, but I don't post much because of crap like this.
    I don't know why there is even a debate about this? Kobren conducted a very good interview and Hall explained his position. If Replicel doesn't work then it doesn't work. We are no worse off then we are now. At least they are trying.

I was just making a point, gmonansco needs to understand that it's not productive to constantly call people trolls if he doesnt like what they have to say
  • 05-03-2012 11:59 AM
    gmonasco
    Quote:

I was just making a point, gmonansco needs to understand that it's not productive to constantly call people trolls if he doesnt like what they have to say

It's not about what you say; it's about how you say it. If you can't conduct yourself like a civil adult here, leave us grown-ups alone and go find yourself a hair loss forum for children.
  • 05-03-2012 12:05 PM
    Winston
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Maradona View Post
    I was being sarcastic! Spencer did throw some hard questions like images,few growth etc.

Don't think I am a reasonable person. I lost my mind last week, take anything I say with a grain of salt. I am just very disappointed.

There is one thing that seems unreasonable to me: as you know i was the one who brought gc83uk pictures to this forum and it seems to me most of you refuse to investigate this further. You guys aren't even curious and ignored that post for months!

I can understand your disappointment, but I do think it’s a bit premature. I don’t think anyone is ignoring gc83uk’s pictures, I just don't think people now what to make of them. It’s wonderful that he is happy with his result, that’s what we all want (at least most of us), but just like any another thread, if people don't post on it, they don't post on it. I don’t think it was done purposely to ignore him. There's no conspiracy to shun possible beneficial treatments here. I hope you don't start to fall into the negatively and paranoia that some of the posters who migrated from the other site display. You seem like one of the good guys.:)
  • 05-03-2012 12:10 PM
    blowmeup
    Quote:

OK that makes sense, but maybe gmonasco can stop doing that too and we can all just get along. It doesn't mean we have to agree with each other but just be respectful of each others opinions. I’m sure we all have the same end game here.
  • 05-03-2012 12:45 PM
    jman91
    Quote:

Originally Posted by gmonasco View Post
    It's not about what you say; it's about how you say it. If you can't conduct yourself like a civil adult here, leave us grown-ups alone and go find yourself a hair loss forum for children.

MPB does not affect children.
  • 05-03-2012 01:01 PM
    Bronson
    I'm kind of disappointed they didn't really address why using a lower dose of injections would yield better effects, since their overdose didn't yield very impressive results.
  • 05-03-2012 01:23 PM
    DepressedByHairLoss
    I really agree with just about everyone on this forum when they called to task all of those posters who are just absolutely ridiculous with their constant negative postings. There are several people on here whose only purpose seems to be to either constantly be negative or just argue with everybody all the time. I'm glad plenty of people feel the way that I feel in that they were really pissed of by all the negativity that literally erupted on the message boards the other day. All that constant negativity really detracts from this reputable and informative website. And a massive thanks to Spencer for his follow-up interview with Replicel. Spencer: The vast majority of us here greatly appreciate your informative interviews with Replicel, Histogen, etc. So please keep on conducting them and don't pay any attention to the constant negative posters on here. They are really only a small minority.
  • 05-03-2012 01:54 PM
    mlao
    Quote:

Originally Posted by DepressedByHairLoss View Post
    I really agree with just about everyone on this forum when they called to task all of those posters who are just absolutely ridiculous with their constant negative postings. There are several people on here whose only purpose seems to be to either constantly be negative or just argue with everybody all the time. I'm glad plenty of people feel the way that I feel in that they were really pissed of by all the negativity that literally erupted on the message boards the other day. All that constant negativity really detracts from this reputable and informative website. And a massive thanks to Spencer for his follow-up interview with Replicel. Spencer: The vast majority of us here greatly appreciate your informative interviews with Replicel, Histogen, etc. So please keep on conducting them and don't pay any attention to the constant negative posters on here. They are really only a small minority.

I think a lot of us feel the same way.
  • 05-03-2012 04:22 PM
    greatjob!
    Quote:

Originally Posted by DepressedByHairLoss View Post

Ditto. I don't understand some people, like VictimofDHT, they seem more interested in predicting a failure than finding a viable treatment. Good interview, I can't say I am happy with replicel's results, but to say that they are dead after the first 6 month checkpoint is ridiculous. I personally have a feeling these results will improve at the 1 year mark.
  • 05-03-2012 05:09 PM
    Horseshoe
    Damage control
    I listen to the interview and I see both sides of the argument. We as hair loss sufferers are extremely disappointed and almost feel like we can't stand waiting anymore. I get that. I'm holding the flag. I feel as though David Hall was as disappointed as we all were but of course he has to put a positive spin on it. The problem is that there was all this hype both by the previous interviews with Replicel, the propaganda video on their website and the pump and dump game that was played on us by all those pennystock sites to steal our money. And for the record I did buy into the hype and have lost money. I did believe and therefore put money on the line. They dashed our hopes of a viable treatment in the near future (3-5yrs) and now it seems as though we are back to 10 to 20 years for a cure. I don't get it. I've seen on 60 minutes (TV) where scientists were able to grow living human organs. Including a human ear, skin and a kidney. Even a beating heart valve. How is that possible and they can't grow hair???? Have we as hair loss sufferers become the last group of people that can be abused, neglected and robbed of both dignity and funds by all the scoundrels of the world?

I'm just saying....
  • 05-03-2012 05:15 PM
    UK_
    This has nothing to do with Replicel, but I would just like you all to know I remember a time when research into repairing nerves to aid prostate cancer victims who had suffered total loss of sensation (ED) was utterly dismal.

Low & behold... technology improves:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencete...red-limbs.html

My point is that, like all other forms of technology, it will improve, we have come a long way from plugs to 3% hair growth using a patients own cells.
  • 05-03-2012 07:29 PM
    jman91
    Quote:

Originally Posted by UK_ View Post
    This has nothing to do with Replicel, but I would just like you all to know I remember a time when research into repairing nerves to aid prostate cancer victims who had suffered total loss of sensation (ED) was utterly dismal.

Low & behold... technology improves:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencete...red-limbs.html

My point is that, like all other forms of technology, it will improve, we have come a long way from plugs to 3% hair growth using a patients own cells.

the daily mail is full of drivel
  • 05-03-2012 08:36 PM
    Tracy C
    Quote:

Originally Posted by UK_ View Post

It is 12.5% vellus hair plus 3% terminal hair - hair that wasn't there before. That is a significant achievement. Those baby vellus hairs can transform into terminal hair and much of it probably will. The only way an intelligent person can look at this result and see it as a failure is if that person is completely closed minded and wants to see it as a failure. Unfortunately, there are members of this forum who are that closed minded and that negative - and that is a real shame. I could never go though life being that negative and that closed minded.
  • 05-03-2012 09:07 PM
    sickly_burnt_tree_forest
    I am so glad i listened to that interview, the report sounded worse than the reality of it
  • 05-03-2012 10:43 PM
    clandestine
    Quote:

Originally Posted by sickly_burnt_tree_forest View Post
    I am so glad i listened to that interview, the report sounded worse than the reality of it

Really? Personally I wasn't terribly impressed by David Hall in this interview.
  • 05-03-2012 10:49 PM
    Kiwi
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Tracy C View Post
    It is 12.5% vellus hair plus 3% terminal hair - hair that wasn't there before. That is a significant achievement. Those baby vellus hairs can transform into terminal hair and much of it probably will. The only way an intelligent person can look at this result and see it as a failure is if that person is completely closed minded and wants to see it as a failure. Unfortunately, there are members of this forum who are that closed minded and that negative - and that is a real shame. I could never go though life being that negative and that closed minded.

I agree. I'm super curios to know if the terminal becomes vellus - if it does then they have hit 15% new growth.

Then if you use Aderans or Histogen on top of RepliCel then you might get 40-50-70% and possibly halt your hair loss. Ahhh fingers crossed...
  • 05-03-2012 11:45 PM
    kaandereli
    i really wonder what will 12 months show us.like histogen, replicel will probably get exponential increase after 1 year.12% vellus growth is sth that cannot be overlooked.
  • 05-04-2012 01:18 AM
    kaandereli
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Kiwi View Post
    I agree. I'm super curios to know if the terminal becomes vellus - if it does then they have hit 15% new growth.

Then if you use Aderans or Histogen on top of RepliCel then you might get 40-50-70% and possibly halt your hair loss. Ahhh fingers crossed...

that's an important point.d.hall in interview said that there are many other techniques and replicel's is just one of them.so he implied that a cure to baldness requires combination of different technqiues.when all products will come to market , maybe in 2015-2016, we are gonna need to buy all of them.
  • 05-04-2012 02:41 AM
    Hair Bear
    and if that is to be the case then there will need to be some sort of research as to test if it is indeed possible to use all three, I don't want to rain on your parade but these three methods may not play nice together.

All in all its not as bad as everyone here is making it out to be.
  • 05-04-2012 03:12 AM
    Papillion
    Oh no.

Please don't start on the over speculation again people, that kind of desperate guesswork had people practically booking time off work within the next few years based on assumptions.

I'm all for optimism but it only leads to erratic swings in emotion which is no good for anyone. Let the results do the speaking and stop tilting at windmills.

Replicel might, in time, become your guardian in the battle against hairloss. At this point in time it's nothing, but it's trying to be something. Give it space.

» IAHRS

hair transplant surgeons

» The Bald Truth

» Recent Threads

DR HAKAN DOGANAY/ 2000 GRAFTS / Implanter Pen+FUE
Yesterday 04:24 PM
Last Post By Hakan Doganay, MD
Yesterday 04:24 PM
"Trans-friendly hair transplant surgeons recommended?"
02-09-2024 08:47 PM
Last Post By SonopaalFounik
04-26-2024 10:32 PM